Tower of Terror to get updates this summer

EpcotServo

The Touch Screens could be themed to some kind of weird mirror...

Hey...look at that weird Mirror...

Saw it Coming!
/Bender

glee

Any one else love it if Tower of terror stopped for about a minute were you can see the whole park...??It would be a great photo op :p:p:p:p:ROFLOL::)

WDITrent

That's what i thought because why would there even be any!?
I echo a much used emoticon in this thread: :zipit:

Any one else love it if Tower of terror stopped for about a minute were you can see the whole park...??It would be a great photo op :p:p:p:p:ROFLOL::)
With the new touchscreens, guests can take photos from anywhere in the ride, and a poorly cropped photo of your face is featured in your own Twilight Zone episode during the... descent. :lookaroun

Anyone hear if they're going to do a complete shaft replacement? At least give it silent lift hills.

Now, if they cut the onboard audio for this I'm going to be so angry.

And powerwash the darn building, it's so dirty!

RSoxNo1

I was in MGM on New Year's Eve 2001, and like an idiot, I went to watch the fireworks while my cousins went to ride Tower of Terror. The ride operators were able to shake the elevator at the top of the elevator shaft for like 15-20 seconds at a time so that they could watch the fireworks.

Pseybert

I was in MGM on New Year's Eve 2001, and like an idiot, I went to watch the fireworks while my cousins went to ride Tower of Terror. The ride operators were able to shake the elevator at the top of the elevator shaft for like 15-20 seconds at a time so that they could watch the fireworks.

Yes, they must have hit the "shake the elevator for 15-20 seconds at the top of the shaft" button. Like, seriously? Do you really have no understanding of how a ride like this works?

That never happened, your cousins lied to you.

_Scar

Yes, they must have hit the "shake the elevator for 15-20 seconds at the top of the shaft" button. Like, seriously? Do you really have no understanding of how a ride like this works?

Like, seriously, I'd imagine a ride operator can like operate the ride in all of its functions. Seriously.

TalkingHead

Sounded awfully naive to me, too. Drops are not manually operated, there's not a CM hitting a "drop" button for each elevator. :hammer:

Captain Hank

Could've been a ride-stop. Wouldn't have shaken, though. :shrug:

glee

Wow thats pretty cool. Bet you coudnt enjoy it that much though because all you can think is "were gonna drop now..no now...no now.." :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

It is possible. It isn`t done much but a profile can be manually paused.

It would have to be chance though to be at the right Horton at the right time, get the 219 shaker profile - and to get it working. Echo or Foxtrot is tempremenatal with the shaker. Forget which one.

_Scar

Nice. I didn't really realize how much TOT in DHS needed a tweak until riding California's version. Good stuff.

Like EE, I've never ridden ToT, but I always thought it was hands down better at DHS because it has much more in the queue and more ride elements- random elements. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom