Tower of Terror Themed Bar

celluloid

If it happens I think it would be an all new location based on the Tower of Terror or some major remodeling of not just that part of the building but the area.

Brad Chowen

I just noticed in the last couple of days that a rumor about a Tower of Terror Bar may be coming to Disneyworld. I hope this is true --but of the 4 websites I've seen this rumor on don't mention what the source of this rumor is. The funny thing is I posted a Blog about a concept I had for a Tower of Terror bar that I would like to see on my Disney Blog about 3 weeks ago. I visited a cool speak easy in Anaheim Ca called the Blind Rabbit and immediately it made me wish there was a Tower of Terror bar at the parks. I really hope this rumor is true ---but I just find it really weird that such a rumor would spread so quickly over the past couple of days --only weeks after I posted my Idea. I'm sure this idea has crossed someone else's brain before (Hopefully an Imagineer visted the same bar and thought the same thing)- Here is the blog I posted on March 22nd with my idea. http://braddisneylandblog.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-idea-for-tower-of-terror-bar-in-dca.html. I hope someone can confirm this rumor....If not could my little blog post have started it???

Sped2424

Dubious location is dubious. It doesn't make any sense. There's no foot traffic other than people getting off Tower. Doesn't make any sense, unless the plans also feature some reworked paths.
As far as I can tell it's a pop up bar whose gimmick is that it's in the tower of terror and the drinks are ToT themed. Nothing special beyond that.

Magenta Panther

This bar thing sounds kinda cool, but I wish TDO would build a full-fledged eatery based on ToT, with a 1930's Art Deco interior with muted colors, so that it would looked kinda dingy and creepy. There could be a pianist playing 1930's songs like "We'll Meet Again" and "Over The Rainbow" and "Stormy Weather", while the bar's windows would indicate that it's a stormy night outside, complete with flashes of lightning. It'd be soooooooooooo awesome.

Luxe

This bar thing sounds kinda cool, but I wish TDO would build a full-fledged eatery based on ToT, with a 1930's Art Deco interior with muted colors, so that it would looked kinda dingy and creepy. There could be a pianist playing 1930's songs like "We'll Meet Again" and "Over The Rainbow" and "Stormy Weather", while the bar's windows would indicate that it's a stormy night outside, complete with flashes of lightning. It'd be soooooooooooo awesome.

So basically a run down version of the Brown Derby?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Fox News just posted this:

The happiest place on earth is about to get even happier for the 21 and older crowd.

Disney World’s Hollywood Studios is set open a themed bar inside the Twilight Zone’s Tower of Terror attraction, according to reports from .

Fans of the ride may be disheartened to learn that the bar won’t be called the Tip Top Club—a nod to the ride’s famous and frightening storyline—and it won’t be located on the 13th floor of the hotel. The venue will be located near the ride’s exit, just across from the area where you pick up your spooky souvenir photo.

Expand / Contract
Inside the hotel's haunted lobby. (Disney)

The bar is rumored to offer on-the-go snacks and exclusive Hollywood Tower Hotel themed beverages. How about a Fifth Dimension Old Fashioned? Or a Rod Sterling Rum Punch?

No word on when the bar will officially open, but according to WDW News, construction on the café is set to begin this spring.

Though there are still few places in the park that serve alcohol, in recent years Disney World has been expanding its adult-centric dining offerings.

In the Magic Kingdom, the “Beauty and the Beast” themed eatery Be Our Guest Restaurant serves beer and wine. In September, an Indiana Jones themed café opened in Disney Springs that offers a full cocktail menu. The Tower of Terror bar will be the first in Disney's Hollywood Studios park to offer a full bar.

Rodan75

Fox News just posted this:

The happiest place on earth is about to get even happier for the 21 and older crowd.

Disney World’s Hollywood Studios is set open a themed bar inside the Twilight Zone’s Tower of Terror attraction, according to reports from **************.

Fans of the ride may be disheartened to learn that the bar won’t be called the Tip Top Club—a nod to the ride’s famous and frightening storyline—and it won’t be located on the 13th floor of the hotel. The venue will be located near the ride’s exit, just across from the area where you pick up your spooky souvenir photo.

Expand / Contract
Inside the hotel's haunted lobby. (Disney)

The bar is rumored to offer on-the-go snacks and exclusive Hollywood Tower Hotel themed beverages. How about a Fifth Dimension Old Fashioned? Or a Rod Sterling Rum Punch?

No word on when the bar will officially open, but according to WDW News, construction on the café is set to begin this spring.

Though there are still few places in the park that serve alcohol, in recent years Disney World has been expanding its adult-centric dining offerings.

In the Magic Kingdom, the “Beauty and the Beast” themed eatery Be Our Guest Restaurant serves beer and wine. In September, an Indiana Jones themed café opened in Disney Springs that offers a full cocktail menu. The Tower of Terror bar will be the first in Disney's Hollywood Studios park to offer a full bar.

Well this implies more than just the pop-up bar we were expecting to be completed within a couple of weeks. I think this is a cool idea, just not sure how the whole space plan works out. Feels like liquor is replacing pictures and merchandise in at least some capacity.

J. D.

I definitely thought of The Shining when I saw this post. I think it would be awesome if it was done right as a priority... but a quick little beer stand would be less exciting.
The queue chains have all been removed from where you purchase your ride photo. The counter where the bar is supposed to be no longer has any computers on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom