Tower of Terror "new stories and effects" coming?

csm

It’s usually a management ploy to keep numbers up. And is hated by everyone except management.

More Martin Misinformation. A large percentage of guests actually request to skip the library preshows. Those requests are traditionally declined, at least here in the States, to maintain the integrity of the show. But don't quote me on that -- I'm not "an insider" after all. ;)

matt9112

More Martin Misinformation. A large percentage of guests actually request to skip the library preshows. Those requests are traditionally declined, at least here in the States, to maintain the integrity of the show. But don't quote me on that -- I'm not "an insider" after all. ;)

to say anything that comes out of his mouth as being misinformation is absurd. what your saying likely happens...sometimes but to discredit martin as well? both could occur. one is related to good show or the lack of the other is beyond the company's control minus a polite no.

Last edited:

matt9112

i rode TOT back to back 4 times last night and we rode echo all four times. the sequence is clearly locked on some kind of awesome profile. it stutters as it drops up and down as well. im not sure if this is the motor issues @marni1971 alluded too or part of this profile? it is far more intense than profiles i am used to and seems to have a few very tall drops. one drop appears to be at the highest "window" and there appears to be two more drops at the lowest "window" there is stuttering between most of it. the jumpy stutter effect as i will call it appears to be more pronounced in this profile as well. the profile ends with an up/down drop that is the best part of the whole thing.

Rodj

Here is a full video of the Shaft Creatures profile(The uploader has it wrong):
I'm starting to believe the same people who made the Tokyo profiles made the new profiles for the Paris tower, it has some sound effects taken from the Tokyo Tower(was not used with the OG DCA/Paris profile) and it even has Shiriki Utundu's laughing. It also has somewhat similar effects for the Mirror and Hallway scene that the Level13 and Shadow of Shiriki profiles did.

999th Happy Haunt

Here is a full video of the Shaft Creatures profile(The uploader has it wrong):
I'm starting to believe the same people who made the Tokyo profiles made the new profiles for the Paris tower, it has some sound effects taken from the Tokyo Tower(was not used with the OG DCA/Paris profile) and it even has Shiriki Utundu's laughing. It also has somewhat similar effects for the Mirror and Hallway scene that the Level13 and Shadow of Shiriki profiles did.

Wow, not a fan at all.

Marc Davis Fan

Will we get a reasonable advance notice if they plan to screw up our tower with stuff like this?

Are they considering substantive changes to ours, or are we safe at least through 2021?

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
As a Halloween overlay it looks pretty cool and threatening. The pacing is all over the place but oh well. I doubt they would bring it to DHS. Different setup.

TrojanUSC

As a Halloween overlay it looks pretty cool and threatening. The pacing is all over the place but oh well. I doubt they would bring it to DHS. Different setup.

The pacing is weird. At least with our Tower the low-rise lifts, which go from load to corridor to fifth dimension don't have the drive power for the fast movement. It would still have to "build" to the drop shaft - whatever they do.

cjkeating

I wonder if WDSP will keep these profiles long-term. I know the random drops are here to stay but wonder if it will revert back to the original show.
Based on the commercials they are putting out, it looks like a Halloween only thing to me!

DLP have said the changes are permanent.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
If they do end up beefing up the WDW version, I think the 5th dimension could use a renovation. I can't remember who it was but someone on this board suggested they turn that scene into the Tip Top Club, and then halfway through the elevators journey everyone turns to ghosts and disappear or something. Kind of like a transition between vibrant / alive, to abandoned and 80 years untouched. I thought that would've been cool.

Movielover

If they do end up beefing up the WDW version, I think the 5th dimension could use a renovation. I can't remember who it was but someone on this board suggested they turn that scene into the Tip Top Club, and then halfway through the elevators journey everyone turns to ghosts and disappear or something. Kind of like a transition between vibrant / alive, to abandoned and 80 years untouched. I thought that would've been cool.
The opposite would be better IMO. You arrive at the club, abandoned like the rest of the hotel. Then as you move through it everything comes to life around you a la The Shining where the spirit of the hotel is coming to life because of your presences, and it gets more sinister as you approach the missing elevator since you are crossing over into the Twilight Zone. Its an interesting idea in theory!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom