Tower of Terror "new stories and effects" coming?

rle4lunch

Does ToT not have a "storyline" and continual soundtrack throughout the experience?

Or does an original arrangement not count when there's 80s pop rock on the table?

I certainly didn't hear any music while riding ToT. And it has a beginning storyline, but nothing mid sequence, or anything that keeps the story going to the end. ToT is fine and fun, but MB is pretty dang good.

Cmdr_Crimson

The plot Details were just released....I gotta say it's decent considering they are sticking with the theme...

From Attractions Magazine..
The Malevolent Machine
The little ghost girl haunts your elevator, but she’s the least of your worries now. As soon as you take your seat, this malevolent machine only has one goal – to trap you! The elevator will screech and clank with macabre glee as it shoots you up and forces you down without warning. Your only hope is to hold tight and scream! Will you be able to free yourself from the machine’s grip?
The Shaft Creatures
They know you’re here, so whatever you do, don’t scream! Frightening creatures are loose in the elevator shaft and are looking for distressed souls to terrorize. The louder you scream and plead for mercy, the more powerful they become. Can you stay silent while plummeting down 13 unlucky floors at the speed of fright?
The 5th Dimension
A sinister poltergeist has opened a portal to the 5th dimension, and wants to take your soul with it! Prepare to question everything you know as real as you drop into a terrifying psychedelic journey between two worlds. Will the little ghost girl be able to save you?

IMO....This could be good as a Randomizer for the Flag Ship...

999th Happy Haunt

The plot Details were just released....I gotta say it's decent considering they are sticking with the theme...

The Malevolent Machine
The little ghost girl haunts your elevator, but she’s the least of your worries now. As soon as you take your seat, this malevolent machine only has one goal – to trap you! The elevator will screech and clank with macabre glee as it shoots you up and forces you down without warning. Your only hope is to hold tight and scream! Will you be able to free yourself from the machine’s grip?
The Shaft Creatures
They know you’re here, so whatever you do, don’t scream! Frightening creatures are loose in the elevator shaft and are looking for distressed souls to terrorize. The louder you scream and plead for mercy, the more powerful they become. Can you stay silent while plummeting down 13 unlucky floors at the speed of fright?
The 5th Dimension
A sinister poltergeist has opened a portal to the 5th dimension, and wants to take your soul with it! Prepare to question everything you know as real as you drop into a terrifying psychedelic journey between two worlds. Will the little ghost girl be able to save you?

To be honest, I’m wouldn’t be thrilled if this came to Florida’s tower. These all seem like generic safe-for-Disney horror more than Twilight Zone eeriness.

ToTBellHop

To be honest, I’m wouldn’t be thrilled if this came to Florida’s tower. These all seem like generic safe-for-Disney horror more than Twilight Zone eeriness.
I would like to see how they are executed before judging. Phantom Manor shows us they are quite willing to go for genuinely creepy imagery in Paris. In Florida, it would be Minnie Mouse guiding us through a not-so-spooky hotel.......

TJJohn12

I would like to see how they are executed before judging. Phantom Manor shows us they are quite willing to go for genuinely creepy imagery in Paris. In Florida, it would be Minnie Mouse guiding us through a not-so-spooky hotel.......

I think that was @999th Happy Haunt 's point, though - this sounds like generic creepy imagery and not classic Twilight Zone "just off center of normal." The Twilight Zone generally has *one* element that is somehow supernatural or sinister in an otherwise "normal" situation. Injecting this many sinister elements - ghost girl, poltergeist, and shaft dwellers, all on top of the original one-bent element of the lightning strike. I'm fine with plussing the attraction, but these newer elements don't sound like they fit the theme well and instead muddy the story.

ToTBellHop

I think that was @999th Happy Haunt 's point, though - this sounds like generic creepy imagery and not classic Twilight Zone "just off center of normal." The Twilight Zone generally has *one* element that is somehow supernatural or sinister in an otherwise "normal" situation. Injecting this many sinister elements - ghost girl, poltergeist, and shaft dwellers, all on top of the original one-bent element of the lightning strike. I'm fine with plussing the attraction, but these newer elements don't sound like they fit the theme well and instead muddy the story.
I think they all connect to the existing story and the building has always had a hodgepodge of Twilight Zone memorabilia. Why is there a dummy in the basement? Chalk drawing of a door?

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

The Malevolent Machine
The Shaft Creatures
The 5th Dimension

Sounds like fun horror mazes but nothing really connected to The Twilight Zone or the ride’s story. It’s good their tower finally got more than one ride profile but yeah this sounds disappointing.

Cmdr_Crimson

Sounds like fun horror mazes but nothing really connected to The Twilight Zone or the ride’s story. It’s good their tower finally got more than one ride profile but yeah this sounds disappointing.
Well the "Ghost Girl" one is suppose to be the little starlett that was on the elevator as she's shown in the ad..Which is the only connected story to the original..
DLP-TOT-1-768x431.jpg

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

The oddity is that they’ll have the “five people disappear” preshow and then one of these ride profiles. A more fleshed out concept would have cohorts sent through with 1 of 3 preshows sent to the corresponding elevator ride. Too hard to pull off with the current queue setup, however.

A simple option would have been something like: one profile gets haunted by the little girl and her nanny (?), another by the Hollywood couple, the third by the bellhop.

TJJohn12

The oddity is that they’ll have the “five people disappear” preshow and then one of these ride profiles. A more fleshed out concept would have cohorts sent through with 1 of 3 preshows sent to the corresponding elevator ride. Too hard to pull off with the current queue setup, however.

A simple option would have been something like: one profile gets haunted by the little girl and her nanny (?), another by the Hollywood couple, the third by the bellhop.

That’s to me the key - without even slightly altering the premise setup in the preshow this will be disjointed at best.

cjkeating

I've heard the pre-show hasn't been running the past couple of days... which is very unusual... so it is possible changes are coming?

I haven't actually heard anything about it changing so it could just be a coincidentally timed technical issue with the TV.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've heard the pre-show hasn't been running the past couple of days... which is very unusual... so it is possible changes are coming?

I haven't actually heard anything about it changing so it could just be a coincidentally timed technical issue with the TV.
As in walking you through the library with both doors open?

It’s usually a management ploy to keep numbers up. And is hated by everyone except management.

cjkeating

As in walking you through the library with both doors open?

It’s usually a management ploy to keep numbers up. And is hated by everyone except management.

I'm not there but it has been reported on Twitter (so it must be true ;))

I've never seen the doors open at DLP over multiple trips in the last 7 years... the doors open has been reported int the past couple of days at the same time the new show scenes/drop profiles have been in soft open. So either coincidence or a link.

Rodj

According to Twitter, DLRP soft-opened the new stories/profiles yesterday. Can anyone try to get a video?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom