Tower of Terror effects status watch

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
so quick question im going in a few weeks... which line should i get on to receive the best experience & most intense ride lol... the furthest line? Middle? or closest? when exiting pre show? thanks in advance

renansimoes

A retheme is very unlikely at the moment for the Florida ToT. I would expect the Paris Tower to be rethemed first before I would worry about the DHS Tower, but there is many more reasons that it would be more difficult than the DCA Tower:

1. Audio system needs a complete reprogramming, the last thing Disney would want is for a new ride to have messed up audio.
2. New Drop shaft motors
3. The Hollywood Tower Hotel sign has all of the camera equipment on it, meaning they would have to build a new platform for the camera system if the sign were to be removed.
4. Holiday projections would have to be remade or relocated.
5. Starfield Doors would have to be replaced by something else. They are not only for show, but to also hide the backstage equipment.

Besides, in January I got word from a coordinator that there is still plans for new show effects and drop sequence(s) with the existing theme.
I hope they never retheme it. One second thought, the only theme I would accept would be Harrison High Tower theme. A new drop update excites me, I hope they move forward with it.

BellhopDrew

Anyone know when/ if the refurb on Foxtrot is gonna happen? A CM i talked to in May said that after echo was done they would do work on Foxtrot but nothing has happened since Echo reopened. Actually kinda hoping they wait to do the refurb since i go in november and would like to have less of a wait lol

SingleRider

Premium Member
Anyone know when/ if the refurb on Foxtrot is gonna happen? A CM i talked to in May said that after echo was done they would do work on Foxtrot but nothing has happened since Echo reopened. Actually kinda hoping they wait to do the refurb since i go in november and would like to have less of a wait lol
No inside knowledge here but with the way things are now everywhere in the supply chain I’m wondering if they are having to wait on parts. It could be impacted by the labor shortage as well.

Rodj

Echo side's Memory Maker lighting is completely messed up now. None of the VVC lights are turning on and the ones on the sign no longer flash.
In other news, they finally got a new bulb for the window light that shines on the floor in the hallway scene on Bravo.

Rodj

Both sides Memory Maker lights are completely messed up. The lights now abruptly turn on but stay at the "flash" brightness/full brightness. I thought the lights were blinding at their "normal" brightness but now you are forced to see them at full brightness for around 3 seconds. Also I have seen many live streams of it recently and it seems like Echo is profile locked to profile 1/Fear Every Drop profile.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I hope they never retheme it. One second thought, the only theme I would accept would be Harrison High Tower theme. A new drop update excites me, I hope they move forward with it.

I love Tower, but don't think I'd be too upset to see a hotel Hightower 2.0 take its place. Modern imagineering wouldn't do it justice though.

Rodj

They really need to fix the Memory Maker light issue, it stays on very long that on profile 4, it stays on for nearly the full first drop. Plus it is also prematurely frying the lights themselves because it normally doesn't stay at full brightness for as long as it is currently:

Rodj

Since Sunday, Echo appears to be closed off again. Anyone got any knowledge about this?
Also heard that supposedly only one of the pre-show rooms is closed off, and the other had the pre-show disabled or functioning with the sliding door staying open.

SingleRider

Premium Member
Since Sunday, Echo appears to be closed off again. Anyone got any knowledge about this?
Also heard that supposedly only one of the pre-show rooms is closed off, and the other had the pre-show disabled or functioning with the sliding door staying open.
With the wait times I was thinking they may have started working on Foxtrot. Good to know that hasn’t started yet. Do we have an estimate of when that will start?

Rodj

Echo appears to be back open since yesterday, though they have now disabled the original photo strobes on the sign again. The Memory Maker lights being extra bright better not be the new normal, they were blinding enough before.

Tom Morrow

Alright let's see... I finally rode again for the first time in about two years.

- TV in both libraries still clearly an LCD and already on when you enter the library. (OLED isn't that expensive now and would more closely look like a real CRT)
- Lighting flashes in both library windows barely on, if at all.
- Rod Serling still doesn't conclude the video with "The Twlight Zone" coming from the ceiling. This has been missing for over a decade.
- Library audio still too quiet.
- Boiler room lighting - I guess they have settled on sort of bright lighting. It looks atmospheric but is not dark enough to be creepy.
- The fake motor on both sides barely moves, the sound effect is barely audible (it used to fill the room), and it is not even remotely synced with the strobe flashes inside
- Music still out of sync on all load lifts
- Ghosts still projecting onto the floor in the corridor scenes
- "Floating window" false wall on all corridor scenes still way too bright and obviously a screen
- Starfield door effect surprisingly working right on both sides
- Audio still out of sync on the drop sequences
- Most lighting effects in the drop shafts barely functioning if at all.
- New photo or video or lighting whatever looks terrible
- Echo definitely still running "reduced power" drop sequences, unsure about Foxtrot
- Ride audio levels in general still all over the place, mostly "way too quiet"

So basically not much has changed in the 9+ years since this thread was created. Tower of Terror has some of the worst show on property. It's absolutely pathetic. At least the queue looks pretty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom