Tower of Terror effects status watch

BellhopDrew

Echo appears to now be profile locked to profile 4.
I havent managed to learn which profile is which, but when i was there from 11/18-11/24, on 11/18 i rode twice and got the profile that starts by going up and includes the Hallway Guests on the epilogue screen. After being closed all day on 11/19, all other 11 rides i did after that used the profile that starts by going up and stops at the figures in the drop shaft.

Rodj

I havent managed to learn which profile is which,
Profile 1 is the modified Fear Every Drop profile(starting down then going up)
Profile 2 is the one that has the ghosts projection(starting up to the 9th floor/lowest Horton doors then down)
Profile 3 is the one that has the window shattering projection(starting down 2x)
Profile 4 is the one that starts up partially and then goes up to the top, with the full length drop after.
If the drop shaft motor is consistently having issues running all 4 sequences, they will choose to profile lock it to profile 4 as it has the least amount of small movements, meaning it is not as stressful on the motor compared to the other sequences.

Rodj

Back in another thread, I talked about the sparking sounds that used to come from the sign in front of the outside doors: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/future-of-the-hollywood-tower-of-terror.978581/post-10404504
It turns out that there is actually a third element to this, which was a speaker element. You can hear it here(compare it to the recordings in the other post and you will hear what is missing):

Back in the original drop sequence days, it only worked on Echo side(all 3 elements worked on that side), while only the "noise generator" element or the air cannons were the only ones to work on Foxtrot side back then.
Anyways, I was looking back at my videos I took back in January, I couldn't help but notice a particular sound effect I heard on Foxtrot side during 2 of the drop sequences when at the top. I looked back at the 1994 preview video that I got that recording from and confirmed my suspicion.
The speaker element of the sparking sound effects is working again on Foxtrot side. It appears that this started working when the audio system got touched back in July of last year. I was able to hear it used in all 4 drop sequences. Not only that, but the "extra" strobes on the sign are actually synchronized to this sound effect and use the exact same strobe sequence from the original 1994 drop sequence. You can hear it somewhat clearly in these two videos when at the very top(especially at 2:45 in the first video and at 2:13 in the second video):

Hopefully when the audio system gets fixed/reset next, this sound effect will stay working and be louder instead of it not working anymore and becoming obscure.

Rodj

Queue mist was turned on during a stream today
1684372564058.png

Been meaning to discuss my trip from March, but haven't got around to it yet. Lots of stuff to talk about.

Rodj

From the live streams that I have watched, they said it felt good to be in, but I have seen some days where it was off and some days where it was on, they might only have it on depending on weather conditions.

Tom Morrow

Seems like they have been adjusting the mist recently. When they were first re-enabled, the mist quickly dissipated, but now in this video it was quite dense and you couldn't see far:

The intensity can be adjusted, but it depends on humidity levels more than anything else. drier air = mist dissipates faster. More humid = mist hangs around longer and becomes more dense.

Rodj

I'm more annoyed that they're still using cheap LCD screens. They need to put OLEDs in there as OLED can mimic the look of a CRT much better and is capable of looking like its off when showing a black screen.
Don't forget about the projectors for the hallway scene still displaying in full black & white for more than 2 years.
1702872778919.png

There has not been any noticeable changes/fixes to show effects at all recently, its like they are either too scared to touch it again or can't be bothered anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom