Tower of Terror effects status watch

Rodj

One thing that I did notice that I don't think anyone has talked about yet is that during the hallway scene, I felt a slight "cool" breeze from the hallway and it also had an "antique shop" scent to it. I felt this the strongest with Bravo.

Rodj

IMO, they should of started the refurbishment on Foxtrot side. The drop shaft motor on Foxtrot has been tripping the e-stop quite a bit recently, causing a lot of down-time. This is making me think the motor on Foxtrot is on its way out.

SingleRider

IMO, they should of started the refurbishment on Foxtrot side. The drop shaft motor on Foxtrot has been tripping the e-stop quite a bit recently, causing a lot of down-time. This is making me think the motor on Foxtrot is on its way out.
Does anyone know when Echo will be finished?

Rodj

I believe they have started doing test runs today on Echo. A stream from today showed both sides operating, however the wait times are still the same as before(Up to 135 minutes one time today).

Please don't disappoint me with no fixes to the show effects Disney.

Last edited:

Rodj

1656182085691.png

It appears that Echo is doing public testing today, could anyone confirm?

Rodj

Wow, thanks for disappointing me TDO. You spend 4 months on Echo and not one issue was addressed. The only noticeable difference I saw was that the dispatch panels on Echo seemed to have been reprogrammed(The white light on top to tell the CM when to dispatch flashes much slower now).

Tom Morrow

Yeah, after they did absolutely nothing to Everest, I have no hope for them bothering to do anything else on other rides.

That said, are they at least running the profiles at full power again? I couldn't imagine waiting 1-2 hours to ride Tower with reduced intensity AND half the effects broken.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
They got so far then were basically told “it’s good enough.”
This is true. I got in trouble for reporting that an animatronic was not working on Pirates one time during a ride-through... My manager told me to tell her before writing it down on my report paper (even though that is literally my job) so that it doesn't get reported to higher ups, and so that the attraction didn't have to have a delayed opening.

(The animatronic in question was one of the three musicians. My manager told me that as long as 2 out of the 3 are working, that it is, no joke, "good enough.")

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
This is true. I got in trouble for reporting that an animatronic was not working on Pirates one time during a ride-through... My manager told me to tell her before writing it down on my report paper (even though that is literally my job) so that it doesn't get reported to higher ups, and so that the attraction didn't have to have a delayed opening.

(The animatronic in question was one of the three musicians. My manager told me that as long as 2 out of the 3 are working, that it is, no joke, "good enough.")
Now it's "As long as it's not leaning over, violently-shaking, sparking or whatever, it's good enough."

Tom Morrow

And the manager was either a jaded/disgruntled "lifer" or a 23 year old who did the college program 6 months ago and doesn't really care about the parks but flirted their way to a leadership position, I'm willing to bet.

Lilofan

Good to report. Possibly could get fixed after the park closed. But to delay the ride opening because of one animatronic faulty? Mgr made the right call to operate the ride or face the disgruntled guests in the morning. It’s not a safety issue.

WondersOfLife

Good to report. Possibly could get fixed after the park closed. But to delay the ride opening because of one animatronic faulty? Mgr made the right call to operate the ride or face the disgruntled guests in the morning. It’s not a safety issue.
It's bad show. There are specific figures that are key to the attraction that keep the ride from opening... Jack Sparrow AAs, the 3 main well scene AAs, the auctioneer, ect.

WondersOfLife

Middle aged woman who hated her job and complained about being there every day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Safety issues are the minority with potential 101 calls. More and more “management discretion” means bad show looses.

There’s also the high chance a fix wouldn’t mean closing the ride. I reported the same ride in Paris recently - the figure I reported (auctioneer) was fixed without closing. Thankfully I was taken seriously.

Lilofan

Safety issues are the minority with potential 101 calls. More and more “management discretion” means bad show looses.

There’s also the high chance a fix wouldn’t mean closing the ride. I reported the same ride in Paris recently - the figure I reported (auctioneer) was fixed without closing. Thankfully I was taken seriously.
How can a safety issue be a minority? A safety issue overlooked and the ride allowed to operate can mean life or death.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How can a safety issue be a minority? A safety issue overlooked and the ride allowed to operate can mean life or death.
I’ll rephrase it. There’s more calls to close an attraction for show issues than safety issues. Both in the past would warrant a closure but with todays standards, more and more only something safety critical would close it.

SingleRider

Has work started on Foxtrot? Tower is the longest wait in the park currently.

Attachments

• A337D801-952F-44AF-98E9-E4F5D0DF1A7D.png
    A337D801-952F-44AF-98E9-E4F5D0DF1A7D.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 76

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom