towel animals?

PrincessofP!NK

hi!
I was just wondering,
I know some cleaning ladies make towel animals or clowns for kids, but, is there a certain day they do it on, and do you have to request for it? because the last time I went alot of rooms had towel animals in the windows of their rooms but my kids did not get any and they were upset. we called the front desk and they " knew nothing " about them..
any help here?
THANKS!
princess

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
i've never seen towel animals...do they do them at every resort? i would assume you're more likely to get them if its obvious kids are present?? i'm taking my DB4 in january and it would be so cool for this to happen to him.

Upvote 0

trr313

I had been to WDW resorts several times and then all of the sudden we started getting them. It really had nothing to do with my tipping because some nights we would have them while only being there one night. I think the towel animals are cute however some are tacky as can be. The ones that sit in the windows at some of the All Star resorts you can tell just sit there in the windows all the time with tacky lace on them.-yes anyone can complain but hey I had to get it out.

Upvote 0

macsmom

I think it all depends on your Mousekeeper. I don't think everyone knows how to make them. Most common is the little dog, I think. I did get a Mickey Mouse head this trip.

danna

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

We go this our last trip.

100_0916.jpg

Upvote 0

Phonedave

There really is no rhyme or reason to it.

I have got them when I tipped every day. I have got them when I did not tip untill the end of the trip. I have also NOT gotten them in both situations. I have got them at a number of different resorts. They seem to have gone "downhill" lately in the complexity department. Most of the time its now the dog made of two washcloths or if you leave you toothbrushes out in a cup, they make that holder for them out of a washcloth.

If you have kids, it can help to leave out some stuffed animals. Mousekeeping seems to like to work with those. Even if they do not have the skill to make a good towel animal, very often they will arrange the animals so they are watching TV or having a party, or hanging in the window. Its pretty cute for the kids when they return from the parks to find their aimals all lined up on the end of the bed, with the TV on, and the remote in one of their paws.

However, it is all still hit or miss as to what happens. I would guess it depends on both the skill of the mousekeeper and the particular workload for that day.

The ONLY time I have had intricate animals every night was on the Disney Cruise.

-dave

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

hi!
I was just wondering,
I know some cleaning ladies make towel animals or clowns for kids, but, is there a certain day they do it on, and do you have to request for it? because the last time I went alot of rooms had towel animals in the windows of their rooms but my kids did not get any and they were upset. we called the front desk and they " knew nothing " about them..
any help here?
THANKS!
princess
We just left our mousekeeper a small tip each day.
She did set-ups for us & left us a towel creation on one day (here's a pic):

232323232%7Ffp36%3Dot%3E2323%3D824%3D%3A5%3B%3D323282496%3A626nu0mrj

Upvote 0

kimmychad

I wonder how long it takes to make them :veryconfu
I wonder if they are maybe premade & they choose which rooms they want to put them in :veryconfu

not sure these could have been premade, the towels were layed together as well as folded. i think the wife took some pics, i'll post when i find them

Upvote 0

kstella

When we stayed at POP one of the things my DD, then 9, looked forward to every day was getting back to the room to see what mousekeeping had left. I think out of the three rooms we had, ours was the only one with towel creations left in it, but they were really great. If they didn't do a towel thing, they would take her dolls and set them up somehow. One day we came back to find all her dolls lined up on her bed watching TV with the reomte tucked in one's lap. Very cute. Ours was also the only room of our group with a younger child in it.

By the way, I waited until the last day of our stay to tip but also added a note thanking them for their creativity and how much it had added to my DD's first Disney experience. Since then we stay with my parents at FW in their motorcoach and unfortunately no one there leaves us cute towel creations! I'll have to talk to my parents and correct this situation!

Upvote 0

Nansafan

We've traveled to WDW every year for the last 14 (sometimes twice in a year) and only in the last couple of years have we received towel animals. Our computer died last week so I don't have pics to post. The best was an elephant made out of towels and cushions from the day bed when we stayed at the Poly in 2005. When my nieces were younger, 1998 they collected all the Disney beanie babies. Each day when they returned to their room at POFQ, the beanie babies were somewhere else (on venetian blinds looking out, in the bathtub, watching tv and their favorite, having a toilet paper fight all over the beds with Goofy holding the end of the roll). I have found no rhyme or reason as to who receives towel animals. I think it just depends on who is your mousekeeper and are they talented.

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

We got about three different ones last year. And this year we got one special one which I am assuming they left because we were there celebrating my 50th birthday (this was obvious because of the birthday balloons in our room):

mmsr41.jpg

Upvote 0

Merry Rose

pre-made towels

When we arrived at our cabins last week (3 cabins), there were pre-made animals in our two front windows -they sat there for four days. They had things stuck on them for eyes, buttons, etc. In the past when towels were done spontaneously, then you felt special. It was a huge laugh to come in and find towels you were going to use in the shape of a mouse head. I don't care for the pre-made ones. But I'm sure again that it depends on mousekeeping and how busy they are and how talented they are. We tip daily, always have and it always varies to what we get. One day we didn't receive shampoo or soap or coffee, so I know they're busy. They probably just get interrupted like we all do in our jobs at home.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

Just to add my two cents. We stayed at the Beach Club for 12 days last year and received a little bunny one day and we did tip every day. Overall the mousekeeping at BC was far from spectacular (they even completely skipped our room one day when we didn't go out until the afternoon).

This year we stayed at the Coronado Spring for a week and the mousekeeping was really good. They straightened things out in our room left towel animals or other towel arrangements and did fun things with our Pal Mickey when we left him in the room. Also when we slept in they always came back to clean.

So like everyone else says it is sort of catch as catch can. I think it does help if you leave a note, tip, snack for the mousekeeping. Like everyone else they like to know they are being appreciated for the job they are doing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom