Totally embarassed in WDW

SpongeChampion

He should not treat you like that. Disney is a place where everyone can act 5 if they want. It's a place where you can be a kid again. don't let him bum you out.

mickeymatt

Tempers may flare sometimes but a full-blown hissy-fit? Next time tell him, "Pull that thong out of your a**, Nancy and get over it! So he is too embarrased to talk to strangers on the monorail, but not to embarrassed to make a huge scene in the happiest place on earth?
I think he has a personality disorder.

JLW11Hi

He should not treat you like that. Disney is a place where everyone can act 5 if they want. It's a place where you can be a kid again. don't let him bum you out.

And the thing is, what defines maturity is not in what you do, but how you do it. Wearing Mickey ears and having fun with your daughter is only seen as immature by the immature standards that have been set by people who think they know what is "normal". Immaturity is complaining about small matters and casuing a fuss all the time.

Hats don't define maturity, the people wearing them (or not wearing them) do.

To the OP, I'm glad you shared. And I just want to add, for what it's worth, that if this is how he acts on what is supposed to be a happy family vacation, then you've got a problem on your hands. Vacation in general and Disney vacations in particular can be stressful (which is odd, when you think about about it) but I believe it's how you handle the stress that shows what kind of person you are. And a person who yells and publicly threatens divorce because he is hot, tired, or embarassed is a person who, IMO, needs to do some serious growing and changing.

I do agree with the poster who said if you love him you should try to work it out but recognize that there is a point of no return. You know better than we do...might be your post was just venting but it doesn't seem that way. Best of luck to you and your daughter (with whom your first responsibility lies) and keep the Disney magic alive in your heart.

Uponastar

To the OP, I'm glad you shared. And I just want to add, for what it's worth, that if this is how he acts on what is supposed to be a happy family vacation, then you've got a problem on your hands. Vacation in general and Disney vacations in particular can be stressful (which is odd, when you think about about it) but I believe it's how you handle the stress that shows what kind of person you are. And a person who yells and publicly threatens divorce because he is hot, tired, or embarassed is a person who, IMO, needs to do some serious growing and changing.

I do agree with the poster who said if you love him you should try to work it out but recognize that there is a point of no return. You know better than we do...might be your post was just venting but it doesn't seem that way. Best of luck to you and your daughter (with whom your first responsibility lies) and keep the Disney magic alive in your heart.

Perfectly stated.
OP...you have problems that go deeper than some crankiness, it appears. You need to think of what a future with this man will mean for you and your daughter. Of course, it's none of our business. But the fact that you started this thread in the first place suggests that you might need some help. If so, please don't hesitate to find someone to talk to about this.
Best of luck.

To the OP, I noticed your location is Cleveland.....we're in a Cleveland suburb and you and your child are more than welcome to join us on our trips to Disney at any time. Leave your husband's sorry butt at home :(. He sounds like he has issues to resolve. Hopefully he will go and see a professional some time soon and work them out.

Best of luck to you, and I mean it when I extend the invite. Disney is the most magical place on earth and you and your daughter should be able to enjoy it in peace.

mainstreet1997

One time my Dad acted similarly on a Disney trip -- I dont exactly remember why. We had reservations at Ohana that night and he refused to go. So you know what my mom and I did? We went and had a GREAT time! We were even seated right in front of the window with a view of the castle. The next day he was still in his mood so mom and I went to Downtown Disney and watched people get spit on by Stitch!

AliceinWhoville

Original Poster
Oh I agree there is something totally wrong with him.. it does suck and it is almost all the time.. I've been trying to get him to look into Bi-polar but he doesnt like that name and enjoys Maniac depressive as his problem but wont go see anyone. I really think he has some deep rooted problems that i havent been able to find out in the 10yrs we've been together.

The problem lies in money for a divorce lawyer or another trip to WDW lol.
Be sure I have been looking into it, my daughter has witness worse then this temper tantrum. But doesnt help that she has a form a Autism (that he totally disagrees with) but our city has a good school system for her. If i move out she wont have as good of school system to go into for her needs. Thats whats holding me back for the moment.

Whomever wrote this, this is exactly my point (below) but he doesnt get it.

"So he is too embarrased to talk to strangers on the monorail, but not to embarrassed to make a huge scene in the happiest place on earth?
I think he has a personality disorder. "

To the other clevelander - I am in Parma. I may have to take you up on that offer, to spend time with fun lovin people in Disney!

Kelsybelle

Oh I agree there is something totally wrong with him.. it does suck and it is almost all the time.. I've been trying to get him to look into Bi-polar but he doesnt like that name and enjoys Maniac depressive as his problem but wont go see anyone. I really think he has some deep rooted problems that i havent been able to find out in the 10yrs we've been together.

The problem lies in money for a divorce lawyer or another trip to WDW lol.
Be sure I have been looking into it, my daughter has witness worse then this temper tantrum. But doesnt help that she has a form a Autism (that he totally disagrees with) but our city has a good school system for her. If i move out she wont have as good of school system to go into for her needs. Thats whats holding me back for the moment.

Whomever wrote this, this is exactly my point (below) but he doesnt get it.

"So he is too embarrased to talk to strangers on the monorail, but not to embarrassed to make a huge scene in the happiest place on earth?
I think he has a personality disorder. "

To the other clevelander - I am in Parma. I may have to take you up on that offer, to spend time with fun lovin people is the best!

I don't know you but I feel really scared for you and your daughter! I think it's time to get some help! You honestly can not help someone that doesn't want help, your Husband is a grown man but there should be nothing stopping you from getting the help you need and deserve for you and your little girl. If it does "suck" most of the time than it's time to do something about it! If your daughter has witnessed worse than verbal abuse than shame on YOU! It's great that you have your daughter enrolled in a good school system but you commented that if you were to leave your Husband that you would have to move out, are you kidding? You have to take control and get the help you both so desperatley need! You need to be the one in charge of your future and help your child grow to be strong! I hope you have some sort of support system to turn to! Please don't be offended by any of my comments because I know I don't know you but please, it's time! Good luck to you!

JessicaB

I don't know you but I feel really scared for you and your daughter! I think it's time to get some help! You honestly can not help someone that doesn't want help, your Husband is a grown man but there should be nothing stopping you from getting the help you need and deserve for you and your little girl. If it does "suck" most of the time than it's time to do something about it! If your daughter has witnessed worse than verbal abuse than shame on YOU! It's great that you have your daughter enrolled in a good school system but you commented that if you were to leave your Husband that you would have to move out, are you kidding? You have to take control and get the help you both so desperatley need! You need to be the one in charge of your future and help your child grow to be strong! I hope you have some sort of support system to turn to! Please don't be offended by any of my comments because I know I don't know you but please, it's time! Good luck to you!

I'm sorry but until you've been there you have no idea how hard it is to leave. I have and it took 10 years for my DS and I to get away from his abusive and emotionaly unstable father. While all his abuse was directed at me I started to notice a change toward our son towards the end. Money was a factor in my staying also, as well as moving. I didn't want my son to lose friends that he had made. We ended up moving to a different state to escape and it was the best decision I have every made. We are both very happy now. I didn't realize how unhappy we really were till it was over. To the OP I know it's hard but only you know what's best. Ten years is a long time for someone not to change. Good Luck.

Mybails

I also was in the same situation with my ex husband when my oldest was young. I walked out the back door with the clothes on my back, my daughter holding my hand and the two dogs on leashes with $20 in my purse early one Sunday morning while he was in the shower. And the bruises on my arms didn't hurt as bad as the verbal abuse I had taken at the same time. I also have a step-brother that is manic/depressive or bi-polar (which ever way they like it called). I was verbally abused by him at Flame Tree BarBQ last summer because I wouldn't lend him money again. I walked away and advised him to never come near me or my family again. there are organiztions that will help you. It may only be to boost your own self esteem but please look into it. And know that if you ever just need an "atta girl" you can PM.

And anyone that was at Flame Tree for that one, Sorry but he is an A$$!

bjlc57

You said he had a good time the first time that you went to WDW?

So obviously there is something going on, other then a dislike for Disney.

I too, get embarrassed by wearing ears.. But I love WDW. but there are things going on much deeper then your trip.

he is hiding something, or worried deeply about something. and its not Disney.

He may really love you and your child. but if he is worried about the bills or losing his job, then maybe, he is concerned that you over extended your self on the trip. that he doesn't know how to pay for it when it was going to be over.

and that alone could cause someone, not to be happy, even in the Happiest place on earth.

may be his health is an issue.. a worry that he has not confided with you. cancer or other problems or the fear of an illness due to symptoms that you don't know about.

I would sit him down and get to the bottom of it. its a wound that needs the pus drained out, before it can heal. and it may get messy before its over, but if you really love him, you can DEAL WITH ANY PROBLEM..

you may not like it, but if your truly love him, you can deal with it.

I would do that before I contacted anyone.

this is from some one who is still married after 30 years. and lots of wounds and lots of love. and anyone who says that their marriage hasn't experienced that, is really married.

I wish you well.

MinnieLee

I am fortunate that my DH also loves Disney like I do. There is more to his reaction than you or he realize. Disney is a place to be a kid (I have a Disney shirt - "I am never growing up) and if you want to wear ears - well, you probably will never see these people again so who cares. Have fun and go with it! I hope your next vacation will be better.

I find it funny that we can give marital advise on here as if we all have a doctorate in it, but we can not talk about politics of any form or what is politically correct or Religion!:brick: We also have only heard from the wife which is the one side we all feel for. Maybe this is how it all is but this is not the place to air out problems! If it is this bad, she needs to get advice from someone other then the Mickey Mouse Club!:veryconfu

Thiger

looks like he's been hanging around 'Grumpy' dwarf too much.

Maybe next time it should be an 'all girls trip'
I hope that this instance hasn't ruined the experience of disney for you or your lil pixie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom