Top 5 Restaurants in The World?!?!?

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
You pretty much nailed five of the top restaurants (IMO). Some may be surprised by Coral Reef but on my last visit (2 years ago, will be there again, 4 weeks from today:sohappy:) everyone in our group agreed that the Coral's dinner may have been our best that stay. The staff was great and the service excellent. I will say, the best meal, that my wife and I have ever had, was 14 years ago, on our 25th anniversary, at V. & A. Price or not, it was incredible. For a special occasion, SPLURGE!!!:lol: Also the Rose and Crown is up there too.

Gotta Love The Rose and Crown :sohappy:

Phonedave

Victoria and Alberts?? Worth the price??

In my opinion yes. But it all depends. If you are a meat and 'taters kind of person, who is scared off by quail eggs, foie gras, veal, duck, etc. then no, it's not going to be worth the price.

or

If you are at WDW "on the cheap" where you are saving all year for the trip and at the end of a normal month you are finding creative ways to pay your rent, then no, it's not a good deal.

However, if $150 per person is not something that you are going to dwell on for the next 6 months, and if fine dining and interesting perperations are your bag, then yes, very much so worth the price.

-dave

Phonedave

I see brown derby alot, but, apparently this place is suffering and going downhill fast, do u agree?

Price has risen and food quality has dropped to the point where the price/value curve has now dropped below the threshold for me.

It is still an oasis of civility in DHS, but they have raised the price, and cut both portion size and quality.

-dave

yankspy

1. Kona Cafe
2. Narcoossees
3. Artist Point
4. Chefs de France.
5. Even though it's a buffet I gotta go with Boma.

TxNewsies

1) California Grill (best meal we have ever!)
2) Crystal Palace Breakfast (DH and I LOVE breakfast food)
3) Rose and Crown
4) Sci-Fi (Love the atmosphere)
5) Le Cellier

JCtheparrothead

1. Jiko
2. Fultons (The Alaskan King Crab Claws are insanely good)
3. Narcoosees
4. Boma's
5. Coral Reef

And to answer an earlier question about the Brown Derby I haven't noticed a downard slide of that place. I will be in the world in 2 weeks and plan to visit, i will let everyone know in my trip report.

wdwwdeagle

1) Victoria and Albert's -- incredible! I have to agree w/phonedave: if you REALLY enjoy food, and don't mind spending money on food, you must try it at least once. Now, I am a person who has no window treatments (blinds only), and desparately needs to buy some bookshelves for the giant pile of books on my dresser, but it's so much easier for me to drop $$$ on a nice meal than to go out and buy a "thing." If you are this kind of person -- if you are an "experience" person rather than a "possession" person -- definitely go and enjoy an evening at V&A. If, however, you look around your house to find that you have lots of knick knacks that you love, and generally would rather spend your $$$ on souvenirs, save your money and go shopping at WDW instead.

2) California Grill

3) Flying Fish

4) Boma

5) Le Cellier

Disclaimer: I still haven't tried several of the restaurants that others are listing, so my experience is limited. Ask me again in a year!

Sweet Melissa

1. Jiko
2. California Grill
3. Coral Reef
4. Raglan Road
5. Shula's

I'm hoping that at least one of the restaurants we'll be trying for the first time in January can crack this list. I have high hopes for Le Cellier, Kouzzina and Paradiso 37.

Mystic

Interesting, u put raglan road in front of Rose and Crown!! I didnt like it at all and i found the fish n chips terrible compared to rose and crown!! Any dish in particular u like at raglan road??

Actually I wasn't necessarily ranking Raglan Road above Rose and Crown, it was just the order in which they popped into my head.

But to be honest, Raglan Road does rate above Rose and Crown for us for one major reason...Service. We had outstanding service at Raglan Road and we've almost always had substandard service at Rose and Crown. Every time we eat at Rose and Crown there is something about the service that is substandard. Either our drinks never get refilled, we're seated by the kitchen because we're a party of two, our waiter practically ignores us, things are dropped right behind us, etc. Whereas at Raglan Road our server was outstanding. We had great interaction, he was very attentive, made suggestions, got us refills before we even asked etc. Plus for us, Raglan Road has more of the pub feel that we like.

I would have put Kouzzina on my list as we have 2 ADRs for our upcoming trip but since we haven't actually eaten there yet, I didn't think it was a valid choice yet.

goofykt

1. California Grill
  2. 50's Prime Time
  3. Tokyo Dining
  4. Le Cellier
  5. Rose & Crown (I threw that in for my hubby b/c he LOVES their fruit & cheese tray)

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Price has risen and food quality has dropped to the point where the price/value curve has now dropped below the threshold for me.

It is still an oasis of civility in DHS, but they have raised the price, and cut both portion size and quality.

-dave

Thats a pity but probably still the best DHS has to offer

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
In my opinion yes. But it all depends. If you are a meat and 'taters kind of person, who is scared off by quail eggs, foie gras, veal, duck, etc. then no, it's not going to be worth the price.

or

If you are at WDW "on the cheap" where you are saving all year for the trip and at the end of a normal month you are finding creative ways to pay your rent, then no, it's not a good deal.

However, if $150 per person is not something that you are going to dwell on for the next 6 months, and if fine dining and interesting perperations are your bag, then yes, very much so worth the price.

-dave

Might be worth a look on our next trip as we hope to takle advantage of free dining, and paying for V and A wont seem so bad then!! Plus id hate to miss a quality WDW experience

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Actually I wasn't necessarily ranking Raglan Road above Rose and Crown, it was just the order in which they popped into my head.

But to be honest, Raglan Road does rate above Rose and Crown for us for one major reason...Service. We had outstanding service at Raglan Road and we've almost always had substandard service at Rose and Crown. Every time we eat at Rose and Crown there is something about the service that is substandard. Either our drinks never get refilled, we're seated by the kitchen because we're a party of two, our waiter practically ignores us, things are dropped right behind us, etc. Whereas at Raglan Road our server was outstanding. We had great interaction, he was very attentive, made suggestions, got us refills before we even asked etc. Plus for us, Raglan Road has more of the pub feel that we like.

I would have put Kouzzina on my list as we have 2 ADRs for our upcoming trip but since we haven't actually eaten there yet, I didn't think it was a valid choice yet.

Maybe i just need to give it another go!! What dishes did ye order??

Sloan

favorites

1 - Victoria & Albert's

2 - California Grill

3 - Jiko

4 - Citrico's

5 - Le Cellier (barely hanging on for me - seems to have suffered the most with free dining)

Mystic

Maybe i just need to give it another go!! What dishes did ye order??

My mom had the steak which she said was okay but she's going to try something else on our next visit. We have really good steak houses here in Toronto. I had the signature Ham dish which was really good and I would order again in a heart beat. We also had the signature dessert, the Dunbrody Kiss. Again which was excellent and definitely something I will order again but only recommend it for die hard chocolate lovers.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
My mom had the steak which she said was okay but she's going to try something else on our next visit. We have really good steak houses here in Toronto. I had the signature Ham dish which was really good and I would order again in a heart beat. We also had the signature dessert, the Dunbrody Kiss. Again which was excellent and definitely something I will order again but only recommend it for die hard chocolate lovers.

Ha my DGF shud have had that so shes a chocaholic :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom