Top 5 Most Overrated Attractions

JimboJones123

wdwmagic said:
Why are you replying to old threads with garbage? Please do not do this. Thanks.

Sorry, didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings. I didn't think the topics were really dated. They all seem like fun topics and if they could jumpstart a new discussion, I would love to take part. If not, it's just a thread bump. Too many people get yelled at for posting pointless topics... and sometimes all the good topics are used up. I could just put BUMP in there, but I have gotten in trouble for that before. I like the F&G fest topic, and this one. If new members came upon this, or members that just may have missed the topic that time see it, this may stimulate more discussion. Sorry again if Yer Mom hurts your feelings, but a few people actually thought it was funny, look at the posts. I'll try a new tactic next time I am not creative enought to start a topic of discussion. My bad, okay.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
JimboJones123 said:
Sorry, didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings. I didn't think the topics were really dated. They all seem like fun topics and if they could jumpstart a new discussion, I would love to take part. If not, it's just a thread bump. Too many people get yelled at for posting pointless topics... and sometimes all the good topics are used up. I could just put BUMP in there, but I have gotten in trouble for that before. I like the F&G fest topic, and this one. If new members came upon this, or members that just may have missed the topic that time see it, this may stimulate more discussion. Sorry again if Yer Mom hurts your feelings, but a few people actually thought it was funny, look at the posts. I'll try a new tactic next time I am not creative enought to start a topic of discussion. My bad, okay.

I have no idea what your posts are about in this thread, but my main point is that your posts in this thread have nothing to do with the actual thread subject. This makes things difficult and irrelevent for readers to follow the thread.

JimboJones123

Again sorry, Irrelevent posts are what makes forums such great communities sometimes. I'll use more disgression. I'll be less creative when I bump a thread that I like that could use more discussion. I personally hate the Horse Drawn Coaches on Main Street and the Trolly. Are these really necessary?

lebeau

Okay, these are the rides I think are the most over-rated. This doesn't mean I don't like them.

1. Mission: Space - For all of it's technology, it was still just a way to feel motion sickness

2. Test Track - I understand that it is a highly sophisticated ride vehicle. But it is simulating something we all do every day

3. Rock'n'Roller Coaster - It's a good coaster, but I don't understand why so many people think it is so much more than that

4. Star Tours - I love Star Wars, but this ride is very dated. Hopefully we'll see the long-rumored update some day

5. Buzz Lightyear - Again, it's a fun ride. But it feels like it was done on the "cheap" and I don't really get much out of the "interactive" aspects

What I don't get is how people consider Stitch to be overrated. Everyone bashes Stitch all the time. How can that be overrated?

joelleharbert

In no particular order:

Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Country Bear Jamboree
Haunted Mansion

How can you not like the Buzz Lightyear ride? It's addicting! I'd rather ride that 10 times in a row than go on any of the above. Also, I think the Kilimanjaro Safari's WAY overrated. I got better pics of animals at my zoo!

Tramp

If JIYI were to disappear tonight, I wouldn't miss it. Most attractions are fairly rated considering the age of the individuals to which they've been designed to appeal.

Astronaut Jones

This is difficult. I'm surprised at the Test Track haters; I thoroughly enjoy that ride and never felt any disappointment.

5. Kali River Rapids (I still enjoy this ride though, I guess Disney just rarely dissappoints me)

4. Star Tours

3. The Tiki Room (Some people swear by this attraction, yet for some reason I found being locked in a room surrounded by singing/screaming birds and chanting idols to make me alittle anxious. It should be renamed "A Day in the Life of Hunter S. Thompson")

2. Mission Space

1. Rock'n'Roller Coaster (This is more a personal hatred for Aerosmith than truly thinking of it as overrated.)

Damien666

5. Kali river rapids Not a real exciting rapids ride, it seems Universal has the upper hand on this type of ride.

4.Star Tours Needs a major update

3.Any Dumbo clone

2.Buzz Lightyear Sorry Buzz but once I went on MIB Alien Attack I realized some downsides that makes Buzz a bit overrated.

1. ToT...(DCA's version) I couldn't think of a 5th WDW attraction so DCA's not so good tower takes the spot! (Besides no matter how I size up the attractions that attraction will always be the most overrated attraction!

(I didn't put SGE on here because since when has it been getting good reviews anyway?:p )

pinjim

1. STITICH
2. Illuminations
3. Indy cars
4. Backlot tour
5. Mickey/Minnie Campground
ALSO: StarTours, Body Wars - sorry, just not into human clothes dryer type rides

figment1985

my top overrated list

1. stitch's great escape (some cute parts... but not worth waiting)
2. Mission Space (okay, I know people have already died on it.. and I felt like I was going to die on it too!)
3. Petting zone -rafiki's train (or whatever it's called at animal kingdom... I expected them to have at least some calm cool animals to pet, not just goats that most of us can pet at home)
4. That dino ride at the animal kingdom -fair/carnival type thing? The small rollercoaster that makes you feel like you are going to fall off the side! TALK about BACK pain.
5. The new Tiki room- I liked the old one... a lot better.

JimboJones123

Is stitch really rated high enough to be overrated? YOU might HATE it, but it doesn't seem like anybody really rates it very high to begin with?!?!?! So how is it the MOST OVERRATED?

CaptainMichael

JimboJones123 said:
Is stitch really rated high enough to be overrated? YOU might HATE it, but it doesn't seem like anybody really rates it very high to begin with?!?!?! So how is it the MOST OVERRATED?
I think the proper term would be "overhyped"

M:SpilotISTC12

1.Stitchs great escape. Arguably(sp?) overrated. Waste of space.
2.Test Track. Its pretty much going for a car ride with no top on the car.
3.Primeval Whirl. Its at my boardwalk
4.Who Wants to be a Millionare Play it. I just didnt like it but the hosts were funny.
5.Honey I shrunk the Audience. I would rather see something else there.

JimboJones123

No, not hyped, promoted maybe, but not overrated or hyped. It is very heavily promoted, but not really hyped. Not like EE was at it's opening. It wasn't like it was doing something new or astonishing. They just said "see stitch, he is such a stinker".

noname70

Lilo and Stitch the movie is overated. The ride simply is awful (pretty much like the movie-nice idea -bad outcome-lousy characters).

1. Star Tours (so dated)
2. Backlot tour
3. Most "shows" at AK
4. Cinderellabration
5. Junge Cruise

sbkline

I'm not sure if I can think of 5 attractions that I believe to be over-rated, but I can sure think of one:

Alien Encounter/Stitch. I went on it when it was AA and I was expecting a wild ride, since they strapped us in pretty good. Imagine the let down when we just sat there the whole time and didn't move an inch.

Haunted Mansion is okay I guess, but I guess I would consider it a little over-rated as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom