Top 5 Most Overrated Attractions

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Originally posted by Merlin
It seems a lot of people are misinterpreting the point of this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're not listing attractions that we simply don't like. Rather, we're listing ones that we believe to be "overrated" (which means that whether we LIKE the attraction or not is immaterial, rather we're rating the attractions based on how they stack up to their hype).

Having said that, here are mine:

Alien Encounter: Hyped in a major way by Disney and continues to be hyped by Disney fans more than any defunct attraction (except possibly Horizons). This attraction was a major dud and a complete waste of space. Since it took place almost entirely in the dark, it seemed pointless to hold it in that location.

Soarin': (I apologize if we were supposed to only list WDW attractions). This attraction is enjoyable. But it blows me away whenever I read about people describing it as "amazing" and referring to it as their "all time favorite".

Horizons: It was a fun attraction. But I was just as excited to see this one shut down as I was to see Mission to Mars close. It had become really hoaky and laughable.

Fantasmic (at MGM): Anyone who is impressed by this show needs to see the Disneyland version.

It's a Small World: I just don't get it. Never have.

Yes you did get the point of this thread and thank you for doing so! Even though I TOTALLY disagree with you on everyone one of them (except maybe It's A Small World), I am glad you got the point :)

BTW thanks for the compliment about Alien Encounter there ("and continues to be hyped by Disney fans more than any defunct attraction "). Even though you personally blasted the attraction, I'll take that quote over one person's opinion anyday :lol: . I personally thought it was the best theme park attraction ever created and you thought it was a waste of space. No big deal. At least you got the idea of the topic right.

Danny14

1. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (This ride just didn't do it for me. I was expecting way too much - I had just ridden Hulk and Dueling Dragons the day before)

2. Test Track (great theming, and the indoor part rocked, but the outdoor part was lame)

3. Star Tours (probably great years ago, but it is really showing its age)

4. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (The special effects seemed way too spread out, and the show isn't re-ridable)

5. Winnie the Pooh (I liked Cat in the Hat so much more)

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Danny14 said:
1. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (This ride just didn't do it for me. I was expecting way too much - I had just ridden Hulk and Dueling Dragons the day before)

2. Test Track (great theming, and the indoor part rocked, but the outdoor part was lame)

1. You should know that any Disney coaster is not going to compare in ways of speed, inversions, and g forces to a place like Universal.

2. I thought the exact opposite. Indoor is kinda boring, but the outdoor is fun, perhaps if it was a little longer it would be even better

Damien666

I love it that this thread asks for the most overrated attractions yet people are making this look like the "Most Disliked attractions!" :lol:

Since I can't put SGE on this list due to it's not overhped by the GP (Only the Stitch fans) The only attraction I find overrated is It's a Small World. Such big lines for a ride to hear a song that stays with you even longer.

JimboJones123

KimPossible said:
Okay so here's my spin on this list (including rides past and present...)

5.)Star Wars (makes me gag due to the ty level of film projection these days, lets get that fixed with a new film sometime in the next decade please!)

4.)Peter Pan ( one of my faves, but i will never wait 75 minutes for this ride)

3.)Maelstrom ( i love it, but its like what .5 seconds long and i cant wait 60 minutes for it!!)

2.)Mission Space (way too much hype which sadly kills it for most)

and topping it off at number one as the most overrated attraction past or present at Walt Disney World...

1.) 20K under the sea (people come on it was kinda lame to me then and i was 5 the last time i went on it)

YIKES -- nice mouth princess!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
1. Space Mountain
2. Mission: SPACE
3. Pirates of the Caribbean
4. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
5. Illuminations: Reflections of Earth

TinkerBelle8878

1. Peter Pan- don't get me wrong its great and a classic but you'd think from the lines and wait times its better than it actually is.

2. Maelstrom - not just because I hate log flumes but it doesn't seem worth it usually. People are probably better off going on Splash Mountain.

3. Star Tours- I agree needs a new film and some maitanance

4. Mission Space- So much hype and so much money equals alot of problems. Finally they're getting it right with the lite version. Plus I miss my Horizons and whatever they put there was going to disappoint.

5. Food Rocks- Isn't so much overrated but a poor update on the original Kitchen Kabaret.

Same goes for the new Journey ride as compared to the great old version.

magicfan

Most Overrated:
5) Test Track - A must-see attraction, but not that exciting

4) Expedition Everest - A decent ride, just didn't meet my expectations

3) Space Mountain - Not a priority to see when I go; not enough excitement/thrills

2) Great Movie Ride - Needs newer movies, updating

1) Maelstrom - Every time I ride it, I ask, "and this deserves a fastpass why?"

William Marsden

I like almost every attraction at WDW except three (two current and 1 past)

3. Tea Cups - overated because there's always a long wait. (probably due to it being a slow loading ride more than because of its popularity). I don't like the ride because it makes me throw up. Nowadays I just wait on the bench for my wife and daughter.

2. Circle of Life - way too heavy handed in its enviornmental message. I don't want to be preached at when going to WDW

And the NUMBER ONE MOST OVERATED ATTRACTION EVER AT WDW

Captain EO - if I was on a Spaceship headed for a terrible and forbidden planet, Michael Jackson would be the last one I'd want to save me. I think I'd rather be eatan by Anjelica Houstons Spider Woman!

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
NemoRocks said:
1. Space Mountain
2. Mission: SPACE
3. Pirates of the Caribbean
4. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
5. Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
1, 2, 3?? You have to be crazy! Two classics and a state of the art simulator. IMO Mission: Space doesn't get enough credit. Its the closest thing to shooting off in a real shuttle (besides the nasa centrifuge).

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Well I think that our POTC is vastly overrated as well. Hopefully I won't be saying that the next time I ride it.

popsicletrees

This is my first post. My mom said to tell everyone, "hi".

Okay my five most overrated:

5) Jungle Cruise: this is only true if you don't have a good guide

4) Peter Pan: ninety minute wait for a continuous motion ride?

3) the Tiki Room Under New Management: it was nice for a power nap

2) Stitch's Great Escape: yeah, it was awful

1) Test Track: I live it everyday on I-75

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom