Top 5 Most Overrated Attractions

andre85

Originally posted by JonnyP
It seems that a lot of people tend to dislike Test Track. I don't know, everyone. I think that it's a high quality ride with great theming. I know that the line seems to be really long but that's because it's one of the best rides in Disney. I may be way off but I just think that Test Track truly is an incredible experience and worth the wait.

I concur whole heartily.

barnum42

As the topic is “Overrated Attractions” I can’t include the Dumbo clones, as nobody really rates them.

Mr Toad's Wild Ride - I never got this one. Though it seems the real fans fondness for it was created when they rode it as a child. I was twenty when I first visited Disney World.

Test Track - Huge build up for a major thrill ride. The end product, whilst still enjoyable is by and large very tame.

Fantasmic - Too big a build up for something that spends too long projecting out of focus images on the water screens. It is still an enjoyable show, but would be so much better if it cut back on the use of the water screens.

Voyage of the Little Mermaid – A good opening with the puppetry, but the rest of it is a hurried attempt to whiz through the story. Better to try an original story featuring the characters.

It’s a Small World – Well, we all know this is a love it or loathe it ride.

barnum42

Originally posted by dxwwf3
4. Festival of the Lion King. I am not a big fan or stage shows to begin with, but I really think this one is just "ok". I've seen it a few times, but I have no desire to see it again.
If you don't like stage shows, but came out thinking this one was "OK" and have been back to see it again, I'd say that was quite a compliment for it.

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
Festival of the Lion King - saw it once and expected something breathtaking. Some of it was kind of cool, but overall, it seemed like an EXTREMELY watered-down, Disney-fied, sing-a-long copy of Cirque du Soleil (which I highly enjoy, btw)
I've not seen Cirque du Soleil, but a ninety minute show that costs about the same as two whole days in the parks had better knock the park shows into a cocked hat.

grandmath

The topic here is about the rides that are overrated, and I think many people here just write about rides that they don't like, but few of them were overrated...

To me it would be

1. Dinosaur
2. Body Wars
3. Small World MK version
4. Peter Pan's Flight (it's great but compared to the queueline for other darkrides there's something I don't understand here)
5. The Land (good ride to me but same here, I don't understand the long queue lines)

1stStarIC2nite

Hmmm..... right now I can only think of one... so I'll edit it with my other descisions later....

1. TEST TRACK!!!!!! :fork: :fork: :fork: - This ride is seriously boring, and I don't understand all the 3 hour waits for it!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
My $0.02 --> (and in NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

5) Beauty and the Beast Stage Show - "Be Our Guest To Take A NAP!!"

4) Test Track - My roommate kept asking me when she went on it the first time in March if they designed the ride after my amazing driving skills. It's no thrill ride when you have an SUV and you live on a mountain and have the road rage I do. ;)

3) Space Mountain - Oh WHY did they have to take AC Slater and his glorious Mexi-Mullet out of the queue? That was my only thrill in that "thrill" ride. :(

2) Maelstrom - I think finding the hidden mickey's in the mural in the queue 59876985 times is more exciting than the actual ride. I always get so frustrated when the doors let people in the theatre and here comes my little boat as they close. I feel like that's 7 minutes of my life I won't ever get back again each time. :lol:

1) Jungle Cruise - I know it's a classic, but the jokes the skippers tell and the names of the boats are my only reasons for riding - and that's only when the line is minimal. I don't think it's worth waiting long for at all!! I'm always so scared to fall in the nasty water. :hurl:

imagineer99

1. Mission Space - I just don't get the point of going in a circle really fast (with or without a video of going to 'Mars')...if I want the feeling of blasting off, all I have to do is ride Rockin Roller Coaster...and then I could go upside down on the same ride.

At least Mission: space is totally orginal. Rock 'N' Roller Coaster has been identically duplicated at Six Flags. Not to mention that almost every amusement park in the world has some kind of LIM launched coaster.

I love Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, however, all Disney did was take an existing ride and build a structure around it. M:S took true ingenuity. For that, I respect.

I guess I'm in the minority of people that actually like Test Track and M:S. Not to mention, that I find Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, and the Country Bear Jamboree to be great shows.

optjay

Hmmm, my top 5 over rated
lets see 5 huh
ok, in no real order:

TEST TRACK

TEST TRACK

TEST TRACK

TEST TRACK

TEST TRACK

5 wasnt that tough after all

grandmath

1. Mission Space - I just don't get the point of going in a circle really fast (with or without a video of going to 'Mars')...if I want the feeling of blasting off, all I have to do is ride Rockin Roller Coaster...and then I could go upside down on the same ride.

The centrifuge is the tool to tell the story right, not the aim of the ride. Point is, you don't feel it is spinning. I could also say: what is the point of going up and down really fast on TOT? Going around is boring, but it simulates speed and G forces, and therefore a lift off 100000000x better than a RRC launch, and for that it is exciting.

You go upside down on RRC but to me, MS is much more engaging and disorienting.

Pigtails

There's only one attraction that comes to my mind when I think overrated: Kilamanjaro Safari.

I never have any desire whatsoever to ride this when I'm at DAK. Maybe it's partly because when I was young, my family went many times to the drive through safari that's part of Six Flags Great Adventure. So animals being close, even coming up to the car wansn't a novel idea to me.

It's not that I don't think KS is a fun ride, I do. I just don't see what the big deal about it is.

MagicalMonorail

I don't know if too many attractions are overrated, but here's my pick:

1. Dumbo and Aladdin- What's up with the wait times on these?

2. Kilamanjaro Safaris- I've seen these animals before in the same type of vehicle. I like it, but the adventure's not all there.

3. Snow White's Scary Adventures- They could have done so much more with this ride.

4. Dinorama- Enough said.

5.Tomorrowland Speedway- You pretend to drive around. What fun.

BalooChicago

Animal Kingdom, because no matter how many times they say it's "Nahtazu" it is.

Animal Kingdom, because the Safari ride is "neat" maybe once per trip.

Animal Kingdom, because the only way to get there is by bus.

Animal Kingdom, because "A bugs life" and "Dinosaur" can only carry it so far, especially when "Dinosaur" is closed.

Animal Kingdom, because it was even weaker at it's opening than MGM was.

Oh wait, Animal Kingdom is not an "Attraction". May as well be.

Yenfid

1.) Indy Speedway

2.) Journey into Imagantion with Figment Please bring back Dreamfinder!!!!!

3.) The boat ride in Mexico, can't even rember the name it is that bad!

4.) (Tie) Peter Pan, good but not worth the wait. Winnie the Pooh, good but also not worth the wait.

5.) Backlot Tour. What a waste.

TheOneVader

I can only think of 4:

4. Mexico Boat Ride - This thing is so boring, I can't even find words to describe it.

3. The Land - I admit, the Land is fun. But what's the deal with the 40 minute wait?

2. Tomorrowland Speedway - Wow, don't you just love to pretend to drive at 3 mph on a track? I sure don't.

1. It's a Small World - How could you possibly like this ride!? It's so BORING. But wait, what song do they sing again? Oh yea, "It's a broing ride after all. It's a boring ride after all. It's a boring ride after all. It's a really boring ride."

And for all of you TT and M:S haters... THEY KICK @SS!!! :fork: :fork: :fork:

Epcot is my fav

1. Peter Pans Flight- Im sorry but this is terrbile and it ALWAYS has the longest line, for such a great movie they dont od it justice

2- Mission Space- Way too short.....and they leave you on mars...what is that about???? then you walk out the giftshop door and your back in Epcot.....werid :lol:

3- Jungle Cruise- cause they are not funny! AT ALL

4- Animal Kingdom- what a watse of a park

5- Snow Whites Scary Adeventure- what a dumb ride, its not scary one and it doesnt even go through the story to make it understandable for kids, terrible ride....there is not dialouge :hurl:

andre85

Originally posted by imagineer99
I love Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, however, all Disney did was take an existing ride and build a structure around it.

I could be wrong, but from my understanding, Rock 'N' Roller Coaster was an original attraction when it came out, as in it was the first to have that track layout.

Even though it has been duplicated since, whoopdy-doo. It's the theming I go for, not just the ride, and I get what I want in spades.

Pippa

Ok here goes with my list......in no particular order

1 Body Wars
2 El Rio Del Tempo
3 Ellens Energy Adventure
4 CBJ
5 Triceratop Spin

MKCP 1985

Over-rated, meaning someone rated them highly (This disqualifies such duds as constipation station and el rio de tiempo)

5. Peter Pan. Wait forever to get on a very tame dark ride that makes you feel like you are looking at the pages of a book without being able to read. This attraction is beloved and falls way short of what it could be with modern animatronics and a narrator.

4. Maelstrom. This was supposed to be an E-ticket upgrade t World Showcase? Which came first, Maelstrom or Pirates? So we took the Pirates technology and a generation later all we can add is a ride backwards for a little while?

3. Magic of Animation. "Here is an animator's desk. If the animator hadn't been laid off, you would see him/her busily at work . . . " Here is the ghost of a failed attempt at a working studio in Florida. Hooray for Hollywood.

2. Kali River Rapids. Isn't this the ride that was already at Busch Gardens, Islands of Adventure, Dollywood and God knows where else? What did Disney do to put a unique stamp on it? Nothing, just made it shorter than at the other parks? Thanks for the wet butt and soggy shoes for the rest of the day, really enjoyable in 90 percent humidity!

and, drum roll please . . .

1. The very most over-hyped, over-rated: Test Track. Watch the Disney promotion - all you see is a car zooming around, burning rubber, yee-ha attraction. Test Track! Test Track! But visit in person and you will find all the fast-passes for the day gone by lunchtime, constant breakdowns and delays, and then a series of not at all exciting assembly line progressions of manufacture with a little outside jog to send you home hopefully happy at the end. The long wait is not because this is the most popular ride, my friend. The long wait is because the ride keeps breaking down. If this is the future of EPCOT, the park is headed for trouble.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom