Too Old For Wdw?

masonp

Original Poster
speaking with a friend last night discussing trips to WDW, and she said that she has been pestering her mum and dad to take her back to WDW and they have turned round and said forget it you are to old for WDW, she is only 19 yrs old. what do you guys think:rolleyes:

dizknee

As long as you have an imagination, enjoy happiness and togetherness you are never too old for Disney.

I think her parents should take a shot of Metamucil.

peter11435

masonp said:
speaking with a friend last night discussing trips to WDW, and she said that she has been pestering her mum and dad to take her back to WDW and they have turned round and said forget it you are to old for WDW, she is only 19 yrs old. what do you guys think:rolleyes:
I think they are morons if they honestly believe that.

sconti

Sounds like some pretty conservative parents. Live a little. I think most people on these boards will go to WDW until the day they die.

The second the shot of metamucil!!!

Aurora_25

Sounds like her parents don't really like Disney if you want my opinion- My parents took me 4 years ago (granted, I had a 2 year old daughter that they took too at the time) and I know that my DH's parents go by themselves at least 2 times a year. I guess it just depends on the person (or in her case- her parents) maybe they feel that she is too old because they don't understand that you can go to Disney at any age and still have a great time :)

Aurora_25

peter11435 said:
I think they are morons if they honestly believe that.
Gee, that's a little harsh- I actually know people who think like this and honestly, have never thought that they were morons, they just didn't realize that there is so much more to Disney than meets the eye. Most of these people have either not been in a long time or only went when they were kids and then when they had kids- so to them Disney is a "kid focused" place.

peter11435

Aurora_25 said:
Gee, that's a little harsh- I actually know people who think like this and honestly, have never thought that they were morons, they just didn't realize that there is so much more to Disney than meets the eye. Most of these people have either not been in a long time or only went when they were kids and then when they had kids- so to them Disney is a "kid focused" place.
It may be a little harse, however that kind of thinking is clearly uninformed.

ZapperZ

masonp said:

That's a nasty thing to say. They could have just told her they don't want to go.

I'm 43, I have an annual pass to WDW, and I go back at least twice a year, with no kids in tow. It is NEVER too old to enjoy WDW. I've seen many elderly couples who simply go there to have a wonderful time, have dinner at one of the restaurants, and then watch an evening parade or fireworks. And Disney actively advertizes to adults - one would think the Speedway and the golf courses were not meant for kids, and there is a minimum age limit to go on Keys To The Magic Kingdom tour.

So, too old for WDW? NEVER

:)

Zz.

poohbear6103

You are never too old. I am sure many parents that take their kids, have fun themselves too. I am 28 and my boyfriend is 31 and we are going in 12 days!! Vacations are about escaping your daily life and having fun. And Disney is perfect for that. So no, there is no such thing as being too old for Disney :)

MissM

Oh please. The thing that's great about Disney is that it allows all of us to be young at heart no matter our age.
-m

lawyergirl77

*snort* For our upcoming family trip, I'm going to be the "whippersnapper" of the group. I'm in my late 20's!!! :lol:

My mom is going to be the biggest kid of all, and she's in her mid 50's!! It's actually amazing to see just how happy she gets at WDW!!! Trust me, if you happen to see a striking blonde woman, skipping around in her gold ears, dragging along a girl wearing Eeyore ears behind her with her DH and the girl's DH following dutifully behind her... Yeah, that'd be my mom (and I'm the one in the Eeyore ears)! :)

rabbit1

Too old? Never! My parents have taken brother and I and our significant others (no childred) to Disney World twice for family reunions. We're all in our 30's (except my parents of course) and have a great time and are looking forward to trip #3. In fact, I think my parents (in their 60's) enjoy Soarin' even more than I do (my dad probably told everyone he knows how much he liked it).

We think it's an awesome place for group trips of any age, as you can easily do some things together with your friends or family, but you can also easily get away for a while and do things alone or as a smaller group (and so easy and safe to get around).

Erika

peter11435 said:
It may be a little harse, however that kind of thinking is clearly uninformed.

Uninformed, but very common. I've known lots of people who feel that way. Most of them prefer the more "adult" rides at Universal or Six Flags. I say, let them have them. I'll be at Disney World. :)

Fantasmic!329

Erika said:
Uninformed, but very common. I've known lots of people who feel that way. Most of them prefer the more "adult" rides at Universal or Six Flags. I say, let them have them. I'll be at Disney World. :)
I agree. Less people I have to wait in line with, while I enjoy the wonders of Walt Disney World.

disneygirl_wdw

I will be celebrating my 21st birthday in Disney World. You're never too old. Although a lot of my co-workers would agree with her parents. I think a lot of people think it's just for kids. If her parents don't want to take her tell her she could take a trip with her friends. I am planing on a trip with just my friends, if you get enough people it doesn't have to be expensive.

lebeau

To the general public, WDW is an expensive amusement park with a big castle and wimpy roller coasters. It's a place where you pay top dollar to wait in long lines in the sweltering Florida heat to see a guy in a Mickey Mouse costume and eat carnival food. For most people I know, WDW is not an escape. It's somewhere they are obligated to take the kids once before they move out - and the less time spent there the better.

Obviously, I don't agree or I wouldn't be here. But I can certainly understand why people think that. If you took your family to the Magic Kingdom during peak season and you weren't properly prepared, it would be a nightmare. If you look at it as a typical amusement park where you can hit all the attractions by lunchtime, you're going to be frustrated. If you're looking for a coaster kingdom full of thrill rides, you're going to be disappointed.

The problem is, Disney does very little to change perceptions. When someone books a trip, they provide them with very little information on what to expect. And all the ads and promotional literature feature cartoon characters that make it look like one big kiddie park.

I remember when I thought WDW was for kids. Had I not honeymooned there (which was not something I was excited about at the time) I would still feel that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom