Too much Alcohol in the parks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmvd20

I have not seen sloppy drunk in any of my visits, even during F&W. As a person who enjoys trying different libations, I ensure you I will not be bumping into you, as I do not want to waste my $8.00 drink. If only others with strollers and ones that think the park was just for them would do the same.

I hear that. The price of the drinks alone at WDW are themselves a deterrent to getting sloppy drunk. Even if I had the urge to tie one on at Epcot the fact that I'd be dropping $100 per night to achieve it would kill the urge pretty quickly.

janoimagine

No. Just no. Drunkenness in the parks has never been an issue on any of my WDW trips.

Nobody goes to WDW to get wasted. You can do that for a lot less money elsewhere.

Exactly ... people go to Disney to have a good time. I enjoy adult beverages, and yes I have seen my share of drunks around the World Showcase ... but to the OP ...

Really?
:rolleyes:

Testtrack321

1.) Abundance of alcohol in Epcot
2.) Pool hopping
3.) Refillable Mug Use
4.) Stroller use

The unholy quadrant of Disney Discussion Topics (R).

All discussions will end up pointless and circular.

Club Cooloholic

2.) Pool hopping
3.) Refillable Mug Use
4.) Stroller use

You forgot Brazillians and what economic class Disney should cater to, I have unfortunatly been pulled into all of these vortexs...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
2.) Pool hopping
3.) Refillable Mug Use
4.) Stroller use

You forgot Brazillians and what economic class Disney should cater to, I have unfortunatly been pulled into all of these vortexs...
Let us not forget the 5th gate and the ever dreaded monorail expansion.

RobertRaine

I propose a simple solution; Disney should create a 5th gate.... :D

Disney's Alcohol Adventures Park. "The Drunkiest Place on Earth" :ROFLOL:

Everyone who wants to drink could go there and ride such classic attractions as...

It's Tought to be Sober
Dumbo's Pink Elephants
It's a Small World of Alcohol Bottles
Margarita Mountain
The Hall of Presidential Beers
The Haunted Brewery
Rum Runners of the Carribbean
The Tiki Bar...Under New Management

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I propose a simple solution disney shoudl create a 5th gate.... :D

Disney Alcohol Adventures Park. "The Drunkiest Place on Earth" :ROFLOL:

Everyone who wants to drink could go there and ride such classic attractions as...

It's Tought to be Sober
Dumbo's Pink Elephants
Margarita Mountain
The Haunted Brewery

I'm down. :slurp: I heard on some blog no one gives a damn about... that its opening this fall :king:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

It's Tought to be Sober
Dumbo's Pink Elephants
Margarita Mountain
The Haunted Brewery

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

You have my full support as a Disney shareholder.

With one caveat. Bring back the Adventurers Club.

Patrick_Ears

I don’t know about you, but umm some of these rides and alcohol may not mix very well :hurl:. But as for banning it all together. No, some like to have a drink while walking around and not getting really crazy. :hammer:

Tinkerbell 8

I have been to Disney many times and have never seen anyone who was falling down drunk, or causing a disturbance. I celebrated my 21st birthday in Disney and even I didn't get drunk for numerous reasons. One, its just not the place to do it, and many people know that. Two, it would be way too expensive to get drunk seeing as the average drink costs well over $7, and once you start getting more elaborate drinks the prices get quite high. I do not think that Disney would or should get rid of alcohol in the parks. For starters it brings in money. Second, even with a lot of places that no longer allow smoking, Disney still lets guests smoke in the designated areas. IMO smoking is more harmful than drinking (depending on the frequency and quantity). No one is forcing you to drink, so if adults want to have a few drinks I don't think there is a problem with it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

It's Tought to be Sober
Dumbo's Pink Elephants
Margarita Mountain
The Haunted Brewery
Will the monorail be expanded to service it?:drevil:

And please don't let us forget those those pesky aconymns.
Quite true but that is more of an internet forum thing and not all that exclusive to Disney. Pretty much every forum I have been on will have the "Why all the acronyms?!!!1!!!!:fork::fork::fork::mad::mad:" thread pop up from time to time.

plaz10

Know what else there is too much of in the parks... double wide strollers. And just strollers in general.

and too many double wides! HI-OH!

but seriously as far as booze goes...it's better to sell it and be able to police what they sell rather than worry about people sneaking it into the park. Then that brings the rule of no bringing bottles into the parks because they might contain alcohol.

This past trip...2 adults (age - 50ish) had 2 minute maid apple juice bottles that were not filled with juice. I don't know what it was but they were WASTED at the MSEP. I mean dancing around and yelling "I SEE IT, I SEE IT" when a float was nearing us. It was pretty annoying. And thats at a park that DOESNT sell booze. So i'm sure it does happen at other parks.

But I myself enjoy an alcoholic beverage and some of the frozen drinks (im lookin at you margaritas in mexico and gran mariner slush in france) can really hit the spot on a hot day. So I would not be happy if they got rid of booze all together. None at MK is fine but keep it in EPCOT at least.

As i've said many times before...you can't ban stupid from the parks. Alcohol in itself isn't the problem as much as the stupid people who can't control how much is too much.

Mr_Incredible

you know what there is really too much of in the parks? Other peoples offspring. I don't know about anyone else, but when i am on vacation i do not like to be bombarded by the little monsters. Screaming, running around, knocking into my already injured knees. They should corral all the kids into a kids only area, enclosed with double pane sound proof glass. If i am enjoying a nice frosty beer, i don't need some reproducer and their youngins disturbing me.

:roflol:

ThatMouse

Stop complaining -- it's bad enough the entire Magic Kingdom is dry! Do you know how many parents with little ones have asked me where they can get a beer? I must look like someone who drinks a lot.

Testtrack321

I guess the pastor is busy, and can't reply to any of these comments or questions.

I don't think we should be negative against the OP here, I think what a lot of it comes down to is personal preference and exposure, the same reason why it's so hard to do a well reasoned discussion on the topic.

plaz10

2.) Pool hopping
3.) Refillable Mug Use
4.) Stroller use

you are forgetting the mother of all pointless disney discussion topics...the dreaded WHEELCHAIR/ECV debate!!! :eek: quick someone start another thread about it!!

captainkidd

I could care one way or the other about alcohol at the parks. I go in July, so I'm all set with drinking booze out in the 90 degree heat. But if people want to drink it, that's their choice.

Universal is funny - They sell beer in line like it's a baseball game at Hollywood Rip Ride N Rockit. It's funny in a way, but it's also very tacky. Disney does the same thing at Fantasmic, but at least with that, I'm not about to go on a roller coaster.:hurl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom