Too much alcohol and drinking at WDW parks

bennyw01

Haha I love how it's mostly the Brits defending alcohol consumption here! I'm a Brit currently living in Spain, a country where daily drinking is encouraged and beers are half the price of in England. Great stuff!

Oh, and I don't live in Sussex but I've been there. Does that make me qualify for the Epcot crawl?!

dont taunt me with your cheaper prices! i travel to france often for this advantage. for what you pay for a 4 pack of tinnies you can get a great its supurb!.

i think everybody who aggrees alchohol in the park is legible for coming on a crawl, the non drinkers can post about it the day after. then its back to square one

K-BAR

Here is how I see this,
Disney is a family place and I have been there as a 21 year old and now later a father of two little girls. If a person wants to have a drink thats fine as with anything else it depends on the individual. However that being said there is no place in WDW for DRUNKS and I would have a problem with anyone faling all over my family while we were there. I dont drink but I have no problem with anyone that does if they are under control, Diney is not a place to get trashed thats not what its about, its a place to be with your family and enjoy the magic, if you can do that and not bother anyone else and have a few then go ahead. If your plan is to get hammerd then consider somewhere else.

WDWcouple

THIS IS NOT WHAT WALT WANTED. ANYONE WHO KNOWS AND HAS FOLLOWED WALT'S DREAMS AND LIFE KNOWS THAT THIS IS NOT WHAT HE WANTED THE PARKS TO TURN INTO.

Bah this comes up at least once ever 3 or 4 months... But to say it's not what Walt Wanted is irresponsible and unfactual... Being absolutley honest we know Walt was not a saint.. He did many wonderful things for people and children... but his personal life was different than what we know the man to be

Disclaimer: Yes I have succesfully drank around the world on 4 seperate occasions.. and not once was I out of control or grossly publicly intoxicated... People should know their limits

PS Soaring is awesome on a good buzz

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Bah this comes up at least once ever 3 or 4 months... But to say it's not what Walt Wanted is irresponsible and unfactual... Being absolutley honest we know Walt was not a saint.. He did many wonderful things for people and children... but his personal life was different than what we know the man to be

Disclaimer: Yes I have succesfully drank around the world on 4 seperate occasions.. and not once was I out of control or grossly publicly intoxicated... People should know their limits

PS Soaring is awesome on a good buzz

Yes, but can you do it during Food and Wine Festival?
Three times as many stations offering beverages....:eek: :lol:

WDWToddKaren

I believe in Walt's dream of having a family friendly park and enviornment for children and adults alike to have fun and relive their feelings fo childhood

I do not believe in serving and over-serving alochol at the World.

We just came back from 4 days at the parks and I have noticed more and more drinking spots and drunks stumbling around. At the firworks at Epcot, the lights are dimmed way down and i kept seeing drunken folks tripping over wheelchairs and strollers, spilling drinks all over other people's kids and wheelchair bound guests. I stopped counting at 20. It went on all night.

At Disney Studios I was most offended at the new alcohol station set up outside the meet and greet with the characters from Monsters Inc. Right outside to the right there is a new booth serving hard liquor mixed drinks. At around 1045 I saw a mother and father walking around drinking beer, they also bought one for their underage son to carry around and drink, the only one not drinking was his girlfriend. I even had a silent conversation with her while we were walking around behind her. She had the worst expression on her face, I gave her the nod that it was going to be okay. Hopefully she will break up with not only him but his family's bad habits after vacation.

THIS IS NOT WHAT WALT WANTED. ANYONE WHO KNOWS AND HAS FOLLOWED WALT'S DREAMS AND LIFE KNOWS THAT THIS IS NOT WHAT HE WANTED THE PARKS TO TURN INTO.

Guess you didnt know walt was a drinker himself???? :shrug:

sandicinderelli

Disney is not a place to get trashed thats not what its about, its a place to be with your family and enjoy the magic, if you can do that and not bother anyone else and have a few then go ahead. If your plan is to get hammered then consider somewhere else.

I totally agree with this. I think that Downtown Disney was created to specifically target this segment of the population - those who want to party. I've seen plenty of folks who had been drinking that day go through the turnstiles at MK, but I had never encountered a problem with anyone simply because they were drunk. The only problems I heard of was with people trying to sneak in alcohol. I don't drink, so being able to drink at WDW is not an issue for me.

Although I do not think that people who are a bit tipsy should be excluded from visiting a park, I do have a concern about how safe it is for them to do so. Basically, it's just a matter of enjoying your time at WDW and ignoring those who are "doing their own thing" while inebriated.

DisneyBucknut85

Its not the alcohol that is the issue, its the idiots that dont know when enough really is enough. Dont take the attitude that there is too much alcohol, because that is not possible. With all of the screaming kids, anybody would need a drink, even the childs parent.

DisneyBucknut85

Ill drink to that :D

Thanks. I just dont understand why people feel the need to come on here and complain about stupid stuff like this. I find this whole blog amusing, because it is a persons choice whether to be in the parks or not. If you dont feel its appropriate, dont go. No matter how much you may not like something, its not gonna change because you were bothered by it. This is America, and that says to me that i can do whatever i want with the law.

maelstrom

Its not the alcohol that is the issue, its the idiots that dont know when enough really is enough. Dont take the attitude that there is too much alcohol, because that is not possible. With all of the screaming kids, anybody would need a drink, even the childs parent.

Well said! :sohappy:

Would people rather that I have a drink to calm/relax/mellow myself, or start throwing insults at people with obnoxious screaming children that they are making no effort whatsoever to calm down? I'm quite pleasant when I have alcohol in my system; otherwise, I'm a real cranky around misbehaving children.

philsfan2185

Ben Franklin said it best......"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

People just need to drink responsibly and know when enough is enough. Cheers!

maelstrom

That's quite the exageration.:veryconfu

Agreed. In all my years of going to WDW, I don't think I've ever seen anyone spill a drink on a stroller or wheelchair, at least out of drunkenness. And bumping into a stroller or wheelchair... if it's dark, you can do that drunk or not. And with the amount of strollers in WDW these days, it's hard to not bump into one or practically get run over by one.

Personally, I think the excessive amounts of gargantuan strollers is more of a safety risk than people drinking.

Scooter

I think some of you are missing the point.

I'm a drinker and enjoy a drink or two during my Disney vacations.
It's the people that don't drink responsibly who are on the verge of ruining it for those of us who DO drink responsibly.

Some of you are saying..hey...we should have the right to drink, and if you don't like it, then don't come to the parks that allow drinking.

I tend to agree with the OP, but only because I believe they too, as park guests, have the right to be in EPCOT, or anywhere else on Disney property, and not be exposed to rude, drunken people.

Much like the OP, I think that if drunk guests continue to be a problem, then perhaps drinking should be confined to Pleasure Island, where the kids can't witness it.

Instead of condeming those who don't agree with the drinking policies in WDW, maybe those of us who enjoy drinking on property should remind those people who act up when they embibe in WDW that they need to more responsible or else they might wreck it for all of us who enjoy a beer or two.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Agreed. In all my years of going to WDW, I don't think I've ever seen anyone spill a drink on a stroller or wheelchair, at least out of drunkenness. And bumping into a stroller or wheelchair... if it's dark, you can do that drunk or not. And with the amount of strollers in WDW these days, it's hard to not bump into one or practically get run over by one.

Personally, I think the excessive amounts of gargantuan strollers is more of a safety risk than people drinking.

Yes...I agree.

Actually, to expound on that... lets limit the use of strollers to the Magic Kingdom ONLY ! (The same park where there is NO alcohol. ) It's only fair. :lookaroun

Testtrack321

I think some of you are missing the point.

I'm a drinker and enjoy a drink or two during my Disney vacations.
It's the people that don't drink responsibly who are on the verge of ruining it for those of us who DO drink responsibly.

Some of you are saying..hey...we should have the right to drink, and if you don't like it, then don't come to the parks that allow drinking.

I tend to agree with the OP, but only because I believe they too, as park guests, have the right to be in EPCOT, or anywhere else on Disney property, and not be exposed to rude, drunken people.

Much like the OP, I think that if drunk guests continue to be a problem, then perhaps drinking should be confined to Pleasure Island, where the kids can't witness it.

Instead of condeming those who don't agree with the drinking policies in WDW, maybe those of us who enjoy drinking on property should remind those people who act up when they embibe in WDW that they need to more responsible or else they might wreck it for all of us who enjoy a beer or two.

We all agree on the point of not getting hammered/wasted to the point of not being able to function at Disney, we are against the sensationalism, exaggerations, and pretty much BS of the OP, and responded to that in the best way we can: showing that it's better to have some fun with life than be a tight ______.

sknydave

I believe in Walt's dream of having a family friendly park and enviornment for children and adults alike to have fun and relive their feelings fo childhood

I do not believe in serving and over-serving alochol at the World.

We just came back from 4 days at the parks and I have noticed more and more drinking spots and drunks stumbling around. At the firworks at Epcot, the lights are dimmed way down and i kept seeing drunken folks tripping over wheelchairs and strollers, spilling drinks all over other people's kids and wheelchair bound guests. I stopped counting at 20. It went on all night.

At Disney Studios I was most offended at the new alcohol station set up outside the meet and greet with the characters from Monsters Inc. Right outside to the right there is a new booth serving hard liquor mixed drinks. At around 1045 I saw a mother and father walking around drinking beer, they also bought one for their underage son to carry around and drink, the only one not drinking was his girlfriend. I even had a silent conversation with her while we were walking around behind her. She had the worst expression on her face, I gave her the nod that it was going to be okay. Hopefully she will break up with not only him but his family's bad habits after vacation.

lol wow you should be a Private Investigator because those are a lot of details to catch while you should be busy enjoying yourself. Were you taking notes?

I am at the parks at least once a week and I have yet to see that many drunken dirty sinners! I take it you don't ride POTC because of the dangerous and evil displays of drinking and prostitution your child will be exposed to?

PS, if you were to try and have a "silent conversation" with me I would probably assume you were drunk.

PintoColvig

It's the drunks pushing the strollers that I'm worried about. :D

Seriously though...I don't drink and have previously been against it in the parks. But having put more thought into it, I've never seen anyone visibly inebriated at WDW and haven't really been bothered by the consumption of others. As long as things don't get out of hand, I say to each his own.

I do have a question, though. Is beer poured into cups and sold anywhere in WDW? I can't remember. Those things are easy to spill and is why I hate it when they are sold at sporting events. How about a lid and a straw? :shrug:

lol wow you should be a Private Investigator because those are a lot of details to catch while you should be busy enjoying yourself. Were you taking notes?

I am at the parks at least once a week and I have yet to see that many drunken dirty sinners! I take it you don't ride POTC because of the dangerous and evil displays of drinking and prostitution your child will be exposed to?

PS, if you were to try and have a "silent conversation" with me I would probably assume you were drunk.
:ROFLOL:
Now that's funny!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom