Too crowded!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
MK was packed last night. No shocker there and we totally expected it. What drives me nuts is the idiots who just walk around oblivious to the thousands of people around them. You can't walk down MS USA while staring up at the castle. I got ran into so many times with not so much as an "excuse me" and then most people just look at you like it's your fault. At one point a guy turned around to talk to his friends and was walking backwards, as he was about to collide into me I put my arm out and grabbed him and I seriously wanted to push him down. If my wife hadn't been there I may have. He didn't even say sorry, his friend told him to watch out but he just kept walking.

and to people with double wide strollers, why do you think it's OK to stop right in the middle of the crowded pathway to rummage around for little Johnnys juice box or whatever it is your looking for? I don't mind all the strollers, just don't act like everybody should yield to you when your kid throws the blanket on the ground and you decide to give them a scolding while others just want to get by. I will say that I saw many parents who.very quick to move over or grab their kid when they were getting in people's way and to those responsible parents I seriously say THANK YOU!

The parks being crowded aren't the worst thing, it's the morons that don't respect the fact that other people are actually there and they're trying to enjoy themselves as well. A little respect for others would make a huge difference.

Last edited:

rob0519

It's crowded at MK for the castle shows and monorail after because there's nothing to do at 2 of the other parks by the time the Frozen show starts. Especially with younger kids.

This has been my opinion for years. There is no place for families to be later in the day or evening than MK. Until management offers something to keep people in one or two of the other parks later at night, the MK and Monorail will continue to be a nightmare and will only get worse as the Disney marketing machine brings more and more people to the resort.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This has been my opinion for years. There is no place for families to be later in the day or evening than MK. Until management offers something to keep people in one or two of the other parks later at night, the MK and Monorail will continue to be a nightmare and will only get worse as the Disney marketing machine brings more and more people to the resort.

1,000,000% accurate. We decided to head out around 11pm-ish and people were entering MK in DROVES. It was insane. By the time we got to the bus stop for BW we knew we made the right choice in deciding to leave. #JustNotWorthIt

FireChiefGoofy

Giant strollers on the buses and people that don't want to follow the rules. The back door is not a stroller storage area. When the driver tells you that you must hold on to it, don't give them a bunch if crap. It's the law. I had a guest turn me in for doing my job just because they didn't want to hold their giant stroller. It looked good in the store but not on mass transit.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Kman101

MK was packed last night. No shocker there and we totally expected it. What drives me nuts is the idiots who just walk around oblivious to the thousands of people around them. You can't walk down MS USA while staring up at the castle. I got ran into so many times with not so much as an "excuse me" and then most people just look at you like it's your fault. At one point a guy turned around to talk to his friends and was walking backwards, as he was about to collide into me I put my arm out and grabbed him and I seriously wanted to push him down. If my wife hadn't been there I may have. He didn't even say sorry, his friend told him to watch out but he just kept walking.

and to people with double wide strollers, why do you think it's OK to stop right in the middle of the crowded pathway to rummage around for little Johnnys juice box or whatever it is your looking for? I don't mind all the strollers, just don't act like everybody should yield to you when your kid throws the blanket on the ground and you decide to give them a scolding while others just want to get by. I will say that I saw many parents who.very quick to move over or grab their kid when they were getting in people's way and to those responsible parents I seriously say THANK YOU!

The parks being crowded aren't the worst thing, it's the morons that don't respect the fact that other people are actually there and they're trying to enjoy themselves as well. A little respect for others would make a huge difference.

I wish I could like this post more than once.

Not only is the temperatures cold at night but the population inside the park is over eel ing. It sucks the enjoyment right out of the experience. Last night at the frozen show people were yelling at others nit to put their children on their shoulders because they couldn't see. It's becoming unbearable. We r stuck currently on the monorail to go to the grand Floridian, have been waiting over 30 minutes!! Not magical!!

We were there this week in 2012 and we're planning to go this week next year, so I am keeping an eye on wait times and threads like this one. To the OP, I'm not sure about the temperature complaint. Didn't you check the forecast before going down there? Also, I loved having it not be insanely hot. Going when it's like that is not fun IMO.

Also, we thought it was totally manageable crowd-wise that week other than the one time we went to MK when there wasn't a MVMCP. That was also a Saturday. That was awful and we went back to the hotel early. We also had lots of people run into us and things of that nature. One particularly bad incident involved a lady on a scooter at Main Street Emporium who ran said scooter into a bunch of displays and knocked them all over. They were displays we happened to be looking at, and she came within inches of us. She didn't say sorry or even attempt to look apologetic. She just kept on going. Ridiculous.

tenchikiss

We just got back from Disney World last night and while it was crowded at certain times I am surprised it wasn't because of the Pop Warner people. I did see some groups of cheerleaders here and there but by far the largest and most annoying group was some elementary school "graduation" green shirt wearing people invading Epcot on Friday. It got to the point where I saw green and ran. It was also crowded that night at the Spectacle of Lights but I think that has a lot to do with how many concession stands they have on one street. At least 5 points of sale. X___X The Christmas Party on Thursday night was quite pleasant with the most congestion I saw was on Main Street. I avoided the castle lightening show as I am not a fan of fist fighting and screaming matches at Disney.

Overall I found everything pretty manageable. And at times it didn't feel like there was too many people, just that people in general were taking up more space. Scooters and SUV strollers taking up tons of space. I think the crowding issue is more of a people need to be considerate of others issue. That being said I didn't venture into Magic Kingdom yesterday at all, opting to mini golf and take different transportation to see the decorations at the hotels. The Grand Floridian gingerbread scene was a mob scene while the Boardwalk was a ghost town.

Animaniac93-98

Which is why adding a nighttime show and more dining options is the smartest thing Disney is doing about AK's expansion.

Piebald

I have an AP and we rarely go to the parks now because they are so busy. Universal at least has enough rides that even if HP has a 60 minute wait, you can ride other good ones with a 5 minute wait. Even with all the rides at Disney it still has long waits. 80 minutes for mine train? 45 minutes for Space mountain? 120 for toy story?? No thanks.

Fantasmic

I was at Epcot and DAK yesterday and experienced low crowds/crowds expected for this week of the month (I choose this week each year to avoid most of the holiday crowds). A friend of mine was at MK and had never seen a crowd like that (she comes in the off season). When talking to her, most rides were at 45 min+, including Pirates at over an hour. I know for the holiday week this is nothing, but on a usually dead week on a Wednesday, that was a little weird...

You can thank Fast Pass+ for that. It's such a failure it's untrue.

MissM

I've been doing craft shows most weekends the past month so Love and I headed out to MK yesterday since it was our first chance for the holidays and we didn't want to go next weekend so close to Christmas. Was it crowded? Of course. But I didn't feel it was unmanageable. I've been on WAY worse days before (not including obvious days like New Year's and 4th of July.)

We arrived around 5:30pm, walked down Main Street, found a spot in front of the Castle to watch the lightning show. It was obviously packed there but it didn't take long to get out and then we headed to Tomorrowland and got some food. By then it was around 6:45pm so busy at Cosmic Rays but again, not awful. The rest of our evening we rode a few rides via FP+, took pics, shopped and generally had a nice time. We watched Wishes from New Fantasyland because the Hub of course gets packed and we even caught the 11pm Main Street Electrical Parade with very little crowds.

It was cold last night (by the time we got back to the car it was 41F!) so I think a lot of people cleared out after the fireworks. The park was open until 1am and 3am with EMH but we left around 12:30am and it was already really empty at that point. Waited 5 minutes for a monorail and then walked on a parking tram and headed home.

Overall we had a nice evening. We didn't try to do a million things and we avoided the busiest areas during the busiest times (aka the Hub for Wishes.) Took advantage of the bypass being open to easily get between Main Street and Tomorrowland a couple times. It was a nice night.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You can thank Fast Pass+ for that. It's such a failure it's untrue.
We just boarded the bus from AK and are heading back to our resort. I was joking with an older CM at Dinosaur about MM+ and she was quite candid about her feelings towards it. To keep it brief, she had nothing nice to say about it.

At EE I watched a guy tell the CM at FP+ entrance, "we need another fp for our friend". Lmao. The CM told him they needed to visit a kiosk and get another one. He responded with, "he needs one to ride with us now". What a joke. He just stared at her when she repeated herself about going to a kiosk. And no joke, immediately after that, another group had a person w/o a FP and tried to get in. They tried the old "we don't understand" routine (they were foreign).

Jon81uk

But as an adult (no kids) I gener prefer to hop to Epcot if I'm not already in MK as IllumiNations is far better than Wishes.

kettcobb

Been to MK today and got there for park opening. The first two hours until about 10am were absolute bliss, very quiet and we walked on Toy Story, Small World, Speedway, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Little a Mermaid and a couple of others. After that it was absolute chaos and kept getting busier and busier. We could have managed it but the rides kept breaking down! 7DMT broke down for ages and then when it was back up there queues were horrendous for both lines. Winnie The Pooh broke down for ages too, caused huge queues.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It's still nothing compared to summer crowds. (and the next two weeks) It was real nice the entire week, the cold kept a lot of people away I think. The usual spots were busy 60+ minutes, except for splash which at most was 25 minutes, usually it was just a walk on because of the temps. But after the second parade everything emptied out nicely and by 1AM for the EMH everything was totally cleared out. Shame it was so cold, otherwise I would have made it to 3AM.

backinaction

What are you talking about? We were at MK tonight and we had to wait ten minutes just to get to the FP entrance for most rides, then another 10-20 minutes just to get on the ride. If MM+ was designed to have families jam up the line trying to scam their way in or explain some long story to the CM, then ya, it was worth the billions. Seriously, every FP entrance we were at there was someone wasting the CM'S time with a ridiculous story ranging from error on the app to different FP times and they just wanted the CM to let them in.

The poor CM'S have to deal with this all day.
Been to MK today and got there for park opening. The first two hours until about 10am were absolute bliss, very quiet and we walked on Toy Story, Small World, Speedway, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Little a Mermaid and a couple of others. After that it was absolute chaos and kept getting busier and busier. We could have managed it but the rides kept breaking down! 7DMT broke down for ages and then when it was back up there queues were horrendous for both lines. Winnie The Pooh broke down for ages too, caused huge queues.
Had to get evaced from 7dwarfs today at around 11. When we got off that ride the parks were a so packed. The fast pass line for haunted mansion was huge( stretching all the way to the giftshop)We waited for literally twenty minutes without the line moving once! We left and asked the cm working if she could help us out with a 're admit pass, we were told sorry you got out of line and we don't have paper passes. Several other people were asking for the same exact thing. It wasn't just us. Then we went over to space mountain and it was also broken. After that we were so disgusted we just left and went to Hollywood studios were we had a pleasant night watching the Osborn and fantasmic, although it was also wall to wall people.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Great Post!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom