Tony Baxter hints at the future!

AEfx

While it is exciting news, I never understood why they didn't exploit EMV's further. It's a great ride system, and had so many other possibilities as well. Lots of different attractions have the same ride system but are completely different experiences, I'd love more EMV-based rides.

jedimaster1227

That's a shame...WDI just can't make a ride similar to 20K? and to MI? I thought this was already in the works...

Yes and no. In system yes. In theme/concept, no.

Yeah.

But from what Lee said yesterday it sounds like a new stategy may be taking shape.

Yep. The new strategy (at least the one I've been told about) is something that caught me completely off guard. But, the end result would payoff in so many ways...

Cap10_Mickey

Wow, I can't wait to hear the announcement for this new strategy when it comes! Especially when I hear high praise from Jedimaster about it.

Captain Chaos

Wow, I can't wait to hear the announcement for this new strategy when it comes! Especially when I hear high praise from Jedimaster about it.

I hope we aren't seeing this bold new strategy playing out right now... Because if it involves dancing Stitch, empty buildings, half hearted and incomplete refurbs, and less then stellar maintenance, we are in for a let down.. :)

jt04

I had one of my blue sky "epiphanies" today.:lol:

Instead of a "Blue Sky Cellar", perhaps WDW needs a "Blue Sky Atrium!" to feature new additions.

And I know the perfect place. I think people can figure out what I am thinking if they just use a little Imagination. :)

Apologies to anyone who already thought of this. :eek:

jt04

I hope we aren't seeing this bold new strategy playing out right now... Because if it involves dancing Stitch, empty buildings, hald hearted refurbs, and less then stellar maintenance, we are in for a let down.. :)

Are you refering to Uni?:drevil:

Captain Chaos

I had one of my blue sky "epiphanies" today.:lol:

Instead of a "Blue Sky Cellar", perhaps WDW needs a "Blue Sky Atrium!" to feature new additions.

And I know the perfect place. I think people can figure out what I am thinking if they just use a little Imagination. :)

Apologies to anyone who already thought of this. :eek:

Atrium?? Closet is more it.. They ever had a Blue Sky Atrium, it would be 90% empty lol...

Captain Chaos

Are you refering to Uni?:drevil:

Nope, last time I checked, Disney had a dancing Stitch, closed and empty buildings, half hearted refurbs, incomplete refurbs.. :)

Although, I will give you Uni's maintenance isn't really up to par... And there are other things that really do lack in their well-themed park LOL... (sarcasm about it being well themed by the way)

Captain Chaos

That is weird. That is what people said about the Blue Sky Cellar.:shrug:

I am being a tad bit sarcastic.. Let me rephrase:

The "blue sky concepts" they put in this "Blue Sky Cellar" for WDW will be full of ideas that:

1) Will never happen
2) May happen but with 99% less that what is detailed
3) Allowed to open half done
4) Will get people on message boards to start talking about how great TDO is, when, in reality, they are laughng behind the closed doors to their corporate offices knowing that no matter what, people will still go to Disney..

And the most important one:

5) May only be open to D23 members... YES I CAN GO!!!! :)

TheBeatles

One of my friends knows someone at WDI and they keep talking about something "big" happening at Imagineering.

I'm assuming this is it.

tirian

Yes and no. In system yes. In theme/concept, no.

Yep. The new strategy (at least the one I've been told about) is something that caught me completely off guard. But, the end result would payoff in so many ways...

And to think they were targeting this year to break ground... :( *sigh*

The Conundrum

just so you all know:

Fab = Jim Hill's ex wife
The ride tech shes talking about is going to be used in the main Harry Potter e-ticket
Tony was planning to use it for an Incredibles ride. Disney said no.

jt04

just so you all know:

Fab = Jim Hill's ex wife
The ride tech shes talking about is going to be used in the main Harry Potter e-ticket
Tony was planning to use it for an Incredibles ride. Disney said no.

I knew it wouldn't be long before Mr Buzzkill swooped in. To much optimism happening I guess. Stop smiling. Disney said "no". :rolleyes:

The Conundrum

Yeah.

But from what Lee said yesterday it sounds like a new stategy may be taking shape.

and by "new strategy" you mean a hopeful new rumor to keep y'all going right?:rolleyes:

I knew it wouldn't be long before Mr Buzzkill swooped in. To much optimism happening I guess. Stop smiling. Disney said "no".

I just checked and Lee said the exact same thing as me a page before. Is Lee also Mr.Buzzkill?

HMF

And I could get this where? :slurp:

In my not so humble opinion, they should put Tony in creative control of Disneyland, the same way Joe Rohde has Animal Kingdom. Nobody would do a better job.
They already did that.:animwink: He should be head of WDI in my opinion.

jedimaster1227

and by "new strategy" you mean a hopeful new rumor to keep y'all going right?:rolleyes:

I just checked and Lee said the exact same thing as me a page before. Is Lee also Mr.Buzzkill?

I guess hope is to certain members on this forum as you are to being banned and returning under a new Enigma-based alias, eh Lewis Carroll? :lol:

jt04

Lee brings both good and bad news. Calls it as he sees it and/or knows it to be.

You and your sidekick WdW74............not so much.

The Conundrum

Lee brings both good and bad news. Calls it as he sees it and/or knows it to be.

You and your sidekick WdW74............not so much.

I bring plenty of good news (just look at my MK thread). You just want to see whatever is convient for you and you have already been called out on this by a number of users.

For the record, WDW1974 was the first person to break the news confirming that M:S was greenlit, wand removal, a toy story ride was coming to MGM, and ST 2. He has proven to be a very reliable source and MANY people (although not many on this site) listen to and trust his information.

Maybe ill start telling you tales of lavish Mystery islands, redone fantasylands, a clutter free Epcot, and a Prince of Persia e-ticket for DHS so that you will like me more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom