Tomorrowland Transit Authority?

cuteypatooty78

Original Poster
Since I'm going to be unable to ride this whats shown when you go through the Alien Encounter part? I thought Alien Encounter was in a sit down theater?

LRV3400

While passing though the buildings of Tommorrowland the TTA gives view of the interior of:

Mickey's Star Traders gift shop
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

It passes though but does not give views of:

Alien Encounter
The Timekeeper

While passing these two rides you instead view display cases that are placed periodically in the dark tunnels:

The original EPCOT model
The TTA Red Line Station
A Futuristic Hair Salon

You also pass while outdoors:

Rocket Ships
Cinderella's Castle
Tommorrowland Indy Speedway
Tommorrowland Light and Power Arcade
The old Skyway building
The Carousel of Progress
The Tommorrowland Theater
The Terrace Dining area

Hope this helps. It is a great ride. that never has any line and always had a ride vehicle waiting for you no matter when you arrive. I'm sure it is one of WDW's highest capacity rides.

all_good_chic

It doesn't really got threw alien incounter just outside the building and has a nice little comment about it but i can't remember what it is now. Anywho. TTA ROCKS! no wait, in the shade and you get a look at what the lineup is like inside space mountain. WOW it could not get better then that!:)

Nansafan

The TTA is always the first attraction we ride when we return to WDW each trip and the last attraction we ride before we have to return to the reality of work/school, etc. When it's hot and we need a break, we'll take a ride on the TTA as well. Always a favorite. We still prefer the name WedWay PeopleMover or as my son called it on his first trip at 6 years of age, the Weedway.

TiggersPooh

Originally posted by kaos

The TTA is an original attraction in the Magic Kingdom. It's name was changed to the TTA (Tomorrowland Transit Authority) when the new Tomorrowland (The Future That Never Was Is Here Now) opened. There are 2 lines, the blue line, which is a scenic circle tour or Tomorrowland, and the red line, which is commuter access to offworld locations. We can only travel on the blue line however. Before the remodel of Tomorrowland, the TTA was the WEDway PeopleMover.

what is the Red Line?????:veryconfu

Tramp

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
TTA is a great place to take a break, or for a baby to take a nap!!!! (if you ask nice they let you ride 2 or 3 times in a row!!!)

LMAO....THIS baby loves TTA and can always grab a few ZZZZs ...and we stayed on for 6 or 7 times last year...it must've been at least an hour...yep...this is a thrill ride you don't want to miss...:lol:

PS....it'll always be WEDWAY to me!

kaos

Originally posted by TiggersPooh

what is the Red Line?????:veryconfu

In one of the small vignettes, the red line is the TTA line that takes you off planet. After all, Tomorrowland is the center of the intergalactic league of planets.

"Walt Disney's retro metro society"

bamboo7

Originally posted by cuteypatooty78
Since I'm going to be unable to ride this whats shown when you go through the Alien Encounter part? I thought Alien Encounter was in a sit down theater?

Out of every place on earth that i can think of, Disney World has to be the most accomadating to those with special needs.
However, i am currently looking at one of the more recent magic kingdom guide maps, and the tomorrowland transit authority, swiss family treehouse, and tom sawyer island are the only magic kingdom attractions with no wheel chair access at all.

most of the other magic kingdom attractions require a person to transfer from a wheelchair to the ride vehicle, but the cast members make it as easy to do so as possable.

bamboo7

In one of the small vignettes, the red line is the TTA line that takes you off planet. After all, Tomorrowland is the center of the intergalactic league of planets.

"Walt Disney's retro metro society"

So the redline isn't actually a functional system at all, just a prop?

DisneyFreak721

That my friends is the ultimate question... They actually pulled 3 attractions for Rocket Rods... Circlevision, Mission to Mars, and the PeopleMover. Tomorrowland is the land of Space Mountain and the Astro-Orbiter. WDW TL is definately the better of the 2 U.S. locations right now.

Mission to Mars was not taken out for Rocket Rods, it was removed to make way for Redd Rocketts Pizza Port.

And for the record, i liked the rocket rods, its a crying shame it didn't have a sponsor, which ultimately decided it's fate.

cymbaldiva

It will always be the Peoplemover to me! I love it so, and hopefully it will never be one of the attractions that the "powers that be" will remove since they'd have to tear down quite a bit to remove it! :lol:

kaos

Originally posted by DisneyFreak721

Mission to Mars was not taken out for Rocket Rods, it was removed to make way for Redd Rocketts Pizza Port.

And for the record, i liked the rocket rods, its a crying shame it didn't have a sponsor, which ultimately decided it's fate.

Thanks DisneyFreak.. SEE???? I don't know everything (but I never claimed to about DL)

Rocket Rods didn't close because of lack of sponsorship. It closed because of mechanical difficulties and ride reliability. Here's the scoop. To cut costs when they built the attraction, they didn't revamp the people mover track, rather they just put the sleds right on that track. Here's the proble, for 7 miles an hour, the speed of the peoplemover, non-banked curves work just fine. HOWEVER, at 30+ miles an hour, the occupants of the sleds taking non-banked turns would basically have been made into little pancakes. The sleds sped up and slowed down for the curves, and the tires and ride system were taking a physical beating and maintenance costs were spiraling. So there ya have it. The price to operate the ride is what ultimately shut it down.

DisneyFreak721

Rocket Rods didn't close because of lack of sponsorship. It closed because of mechanical difficulties and ride reliability. Here's the scoop. To cut costs when they built the attraction, they didn't revamp the people mover track, rather they just put the sleds right on that track. Here's the proble, for 7 miles an hour, the speed of the peoplemover, non-banked curves work just fine. HOWEVER, at 30+ miles an hour, the occupants of the sleds taking non-banked turns would basically have been made into little pancakes. The sleds sped up and slowed down for the curves, and the tires and ride system were taking a physical beating and maintenance costs were spiraling. So there ya have it. The price to operate the ride is what ultimately shut it down.

And since the sponsor backed out (I believe it was to be GM but I am not sure about that) then there was nobody around to help it financially which is why costs were cut, and why it was too expensive to operate.

And to keep on the topic of the post, I love the TTA, it's a very peaceful ride, and it never has a wait. I love the music in Space Mountain. Very Relaxing. Plus everytime i ride, i want to get a job at the Tomorrowland Metro Retro Society.

MKingdom25

I agree that TTA is a great ride and love having no line. Anybody know if it is not busy, if they will let you keep riding it without getting off then back on? :D

DisJosh

Originally posted by MKingdom25
I agree that TTA is a great ride and love having no line. Anybody know if it is not busy, if they will let you keep riding it without getting off then back on? :D

Yep they sure do. I've stayed on for 5 trips around Tomorrowland. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom