Tomorrowland Transit Authority?

strutter

If I'm not mistaken, it used to be called the Wedway People Mover. It is a short above ground tour of Tomorrowland. For me, the highlight to this is going through Space Mountain and seeing it from a different perspective. It is a nice quiet ride. Good place to go for a rest.

zenatoad

It's a ride. It's basically a set of open cars on a track that travels above Tommarrowland. It's a slow ride, but very cool. The view is awesome and it's a very relaxing ride that gives you a brief look and several rides in tomarrowland as it passes thru them. Check it out. I think it's still called the People Mover at Disneyland if that helps.

cuteypatooty78

Original Poster
Oh I see, I remember the people mover but had never ridden it. One question, how do they show you the inside of Space Mountain if its so dark inside? They can't turn on the lights or it would ruin the experience for the people riding it. I know dumb question but just wondering.

Nineinchnailsmk

yes, it used to be called the WEDway people mover. It is a pretty cool ride. It does go through space mountain. keep an eye out to the right to see the cars on the track. its dark, so look for the glowing on the cars. Also, it gives you a little tour of tomorrowland. I think its good too because it moves at a pretty good clip and allows you cool off a little bit on hot days. you can also get some really great pics of cinderella's castle also. if i think of anything more, ill reply again! :)

GO WINGS!

kaos

Originally posted by zenatoad
It's a ride. It's basically a set of open cars on a track that travels above Tommarrowland. It's a slow ride, but very cool. The view is awesome and it's a very relaxing ride that gives you a brief look and several rides in tomarrowland as it passes thru them. Check it out. I think it's still called the People Mover at Disneyland if that helps.

PeopleMover has been gone for a while at DL. It's the TTA at WDW. DL version was removed for the rocket rods. Alas, now the track sits empty and motionless as the rods have gone away...

cuteypatooty78

Original Poster
One last question? I am in a wheelchair and unable to walk at all...usually a family member has to help lift me from my chair and on to a ride...would this be an easy ride for me to get onto?

Javier&Christie

Hrrmmm, TTA has an upward angled conveyer belt type thing to get you to the loading area, it's like an escalator, except no steps, it's flat. So unless you could get off the wheelchair down below and be supported all the way up, I'm not sure how convenient it might be for ya, as there is no elevator access :(

kaos

Basically, they do not allow wheelchairs or strollers to ascend the speedramp, however, there are no steps, hence the speedramp, and if someone could support you on the way up and again on the way down, then there would be no problem.

kaos

Originally posted by neilybealy
how long has this ride been there?

i don't recall it from my last trip back in 1990 ( although i could be mistaken! )
The TTA is an original attraction in the Magic Kingdom. It's name was changed to the TTA (Tomorrowland Transit Authority) when the new Tomorrowland (The Future That Never Was Is Here Now) opened. There are 2 lines, the blue line, which is a scenic circle tour or Tomorrowland, and the red line, which is commuter access to offworld locations. We can only travel on the blue line however. Before the remodel of Tomorrowland, the TTA was the WEDway PeopleMover.

WDWspider

Originally posted by kaos

PeopleMover has been gone for a while at DL. It's the TTA at WDW. DL version was removed for the rocket rods. Alas, now the track sits empty and motionless as the rods have gone away...

So let me ask you this... When Rocket Rods didn't work, why didn't they just go back to the People Mover ride and update it some?

kaos

Originally posted by spider-man

So let me ask you this... When Rocket Rods didn't work, why didn't they just go back to the People Mover ride and update it some?

That my friends is the ultimate question... They actually pulled 3 attractions for Rocket Rods... Circlevision, Mission to Mars, and the PeopleMover. Tomorrowland is the land of Space Mountain and the Astro-Orbiter. WDW TL is definately the better of the 2 U.S. locations right now.

figmentmom

Actually, I hope they never do ANYTHING to TTA...it's one of the best rides in the park. There is practically never a line, you get a great overview of Tomorrowland, it's a great place to rest and cool off for a few minutes, and it's a long enough ride to truly recharge the batteries on a hot day! :animwink:

Tot Fan

Originally posted by Nineinchnailsmk
yes, it used to be called the WEDway people mover. It is a pretty cool ride. It does go through space mountain. keep an eye out to the right to see the cars on the track. its dark, so look for the glowing on the cars. Also, it gives you a little tour of tomorrowland. I think its good too because it moves at a pretty good clip and allows you cool off a little bit on hot days. you can also get some really great pics of cinderella's castle also. if i think of anything more, ill reply again! :)

GO WINGS!

It may be dark in the ride but you can see pretty well in there.

GO AV"S!:sohappy:

mburk

There are 2 lines, the blue line, which is a scenic circle tour or Tomorrowland, and the red line, which is commuter access to offworld locations. We can only travel on the blue line however.

I assume the "offworld" locations you mention are part of the show theme only, not really another physical entity going out to the CM parking lots or something? But wouldn't it be super cool if they did actually run this system around the world - WDW, that is. You would never have to wait for a bus or monorail, just hop on, hop off!

DisneyGal

The TTA is a great way to relax after a long day, I always make this my last stop before leaving the park. Plus, the best thing about this ride is there is NO line!!!!

leeocean

When did they get rid of the Rocket Rods? That is so depressing. I went to Disneyland 2 years ago and that was the ride with the longest wait.

DisneyPhD

TTA is a great place to take a break, or for a baby to take a nap!!!! (if you ask nice they let you ride 2 or 3 times in a row!!!)

Disney4648

The TTA is a relaxing, slow moving ride that gives you a very nice detailed tour of Tommorowland. you go past SpaceMountain, Alien Encounter, Buzz Lightyear...ect

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom