News Tomorrowland love

kevlightyear

Tomorrowland got a refresh with the recent map update. Many (but not all) fins removed from Wedway track. Stitch sign removed. Colors added/updated everywhere. New Monster's sign added. Sizing of lots of items adjusted.

Tomorrowland 158.jpg

Previous version for reference:

Tomorrowland 157.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Interesting that Cosmic Rays/Starlight Cafe is painted in it's true-to-park coloring but unique in that it differs from the rest of Tomorrowland's park map color scheme, which is uniformly blue in color. Makes me wonder what the future has in store for Cosmic Ray's.

Last edited:

Simon83079

Any updates? Ive seen peoplemover is running again and from vids ive seen it looks like most of the supports have been completed in reverting back to the basic white pillars instead of the fins along with the supports having been finished being painted white and having some of the detail removed.
Enjfk-qXcAA0Qci.png
Side question. A lil while ago they replaced the old Carousel of Progress Cog sign with the new one.
IMG_2684.JPG

r-1498359529-CarouselOfProgress34.jpg
I am just curious if anyone knows what happend to it? Was it destroyed? Sold? Placed in storage? Just curious. Ik they kept the Tower of terror in storage after its conversion to Mission breakout.
C87kf1IVwAARhKd.jpg

trainplane3

These two accent pieces near the Tomorrowland entrance were removed overnight. They were still present yesterday (confirmed via livestream), and are now gone this morning. Boxes are in their places where their bases would be.
View attachment 528575
Now the more important question:
Are they going to match those PM leg supports with the rest of the land or just paint them white?

TTA94

Hopefully they remove that yellow thing on the corner of Stitch, and remove the fins... though they painted them white so I guess they are not going anywhere 🙄.They also need to work on the walkways and the chipped paint on the bridge.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hopefully they remove that yellow thing on the corner of Stitch, and remove the fins... though they painted them white so I guess they are not going anywhere 🙄.They also need to work on the walkways and the chipped paint on the bridge.
Those items were never planned to be removed sadly.

KikoKea

Sadly, when they put up the empty "promise ring" (or engagement ring, however you call it), my hopes fell. At least they are still playing the TL music.

The Rocketeer

I almost wish they'd take this land out of its misery and (temporarily) shutter everything until they get a plan going, but they'd never do that obviously. Carousel of Progress has had audio issues recently and could really use an update at this point, the TTA will reopen Lord knows when, still no replacement for Stitch, and Laugh Floor might not come back this year, if at all. Space Mountain could use some TLC too. It's hard to believe, but it has been almost 12 years since its last major refurbishment in 2009. I understand not wanting to pull the trigger presently, but why didn't they move forward with anything over the last 2, 3, or 4 years?

I really do not understand this overhaul at all. Did they really think TRON would just solve all their problems? IMO, the return to the old 70's sterile look in the front doesn't compliment the appearance of Lightcycle Run at all, unless they were planning on it being different from the Shanghai facade, though it doesn't appear that way in all of the concept art. Since the fall of 2014 when this all began it seems like it's only been small or purely aesthetic changes, aside from the obvious addition but who know when that will get done either. Signs are pointing to next spring at the earliest unless something's changed.

Do you think the imagineers have no idea what to do with the budget the have been given? Do they even have (or had) a budget and a team together?

*sighs*

Movielover

Do you think the imagineers have no idea what to do with the budget the have been given? Do they even have (or had) a budget and a team together?
It feels like Imagineering is conducting this project through a giant game of telephone. 1st imaginer has vision, puts it in motion then leaves, passing along the info to the 2nd Imagineer who then proceeds to pass it along to the third and so forth.

IMO this whole makeover was a mistake. While I enjoy the sleekness of the Tron aesthetics (don't hate me, I enjoy the movie) The fantastical nature of this Tomorowland to me worked really well in contrast to the realism future aesthetic of Epcot and really help fit it in to The Magic Kingdom. The bright neon, crazy "cogs and gears" look fit well with the fun atmosphere.

castlecake2.0

It feels like Imagineering is conducting this project through a giant game of telephone. 1st imaginer has vision, puts it in motion then leaves, passing along the info to the 2nd Imagineer who then proceeds to pass it along to the third and so forth.

IMO this whole makeover was a mistake. While I enjoy the sleekness of the Tron aesthetics (don't hate me, I enjoy the movie) The fantastical nature of this Tomorowland to me worked really well in contrast to the realism future aesthetic of Epcot and really help fit it in to The Magic Kingdom. The bright neon, crazy "cogs and gears" look fit well with the fun atmosphere.
I agree, I wish they would have just left it how it was. ‘94 tomorrowland kinda fizzled out by space mountain anyways, they could have just made a separate “neighborhood” back there with the tron look and leave the rest of the land alone. Would been nicer than the mess we have now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom