News Tomorrowland love

_caleb

That paint job is disgusting.
Maybe the new paint is like the camouflage they use to disguise prototype cars as they test in public before production. Under that paint there may be entirely new attractions we didn’t even see coming!

TJJohn12

Can anyone speak on why PM is still down? Is is a sanitation issue because it is consistently moving?

Completely conjecture, but I can't imagine the attraction being mothballed so quickly - then being left for so long sitting in the elements - could have been good for the nearly 50-year-old technology. Between the proximity sensors that activate the induction plates, the LIM points themselves, and the attendant systems in the ride vehicles, I can't imagine sitting in the elements unused (and therefore untested and unrepaired) could have been good for an aging system.

yensidtlaw1969

That paint job is disgusting.
But without my Tangrams, how am I gonna learn about spatial relationships?:

1597124606800.png

The Empress Lilly

Maybe the new paint is like the camouflage they use to disguise prototype cars as they test in public before production. Under that paint there may be entirely new attractions we didn’t even see coming!

This *is* the new attraction. The Chapek Instagrammable Moment Wall Experience.

Rides are soo last century, m&g's so 2010s.

lazyboy97o

With Instagram, YOU are the story! YOU are the adventure!

(no need to pay people to build and do a show for you)
To all who come to this digital place, welcome! Zuckerbergland is your land. Here age is confused by fads and youth may savor the Likes and influencers of the future. Zuckerbergland is dedicated to the theft, pettiness and monopoly power of the Internet with a hope that it will be a source of consternation to Google.

jt04

It's disappointing and sad. Makes you take a step back and wonder if Disney still cares.

Iger's focus (and resources) were mostly focused on media. Disney+ will be the beneficiary and cements his legacy long term.

He did a lot of positive work for WDW and investments in infrastructure shouldn't be overlooked. The table is set for the next CEO to bring the creative content of the parks back up to Disney standards. Lots of D tickets and blank spaces need to be filled in. Hopefully the next CEO or two makes this a priority. I still think the parks are nowhere near their potential and with real competition from Uni (finally) it has to be addressed. I'm optimistic. IMO.

KikoKea

Iger's focus (and resources) were mostly focused on media. Disney+ will be the beneficiary and cements his legacy long term.

He did a lot of positive work for WDW and investments in infrastructure shouldn't be overlooked. The table is set for the next CEO to bring the creative content of the parks back up to Disney standards. Lots of D tickets and blank spaces need to be filled in. Hopefully the next CEO or two makes this a priority. I still think the parks are nowhere near their potential and with real competition from Uni (finally) it has to be addressed. I'm optimistic. IMO.
While I'd hoped Tron would lead to a new, cohesive theme for TL, it appears they didn't have a plan. At any rate, I doubt anything will be done anytime soon.

jt04

While I'd hoped Tron would lead to a new, cohesive theme for TL, it appears they didn't have a plan. At any rate, I doubt anything will be done anytime soon.

Agreed. They need to get Tron open and the 50th behind them. And I think there will be plenty of planning over this interim.

What is encouraging is that ride tech is making giant leaps right now so whatever does get approved eventually will be able to utilize different aspects of it not previously available.

It is imperative that they let Imagineering bring back cohesiveness to the different lands. That has been the most overlooked and neglected components at wdw. And it matters to the parks long term. IMO.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist

Chapek is not that person. But is Josh D'Amaro??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom