News Tomorrowland love

RadiatorSpringsRacer

I love the sign. I think it's a lot like Mission Breakout in that, however you feel about it, it only seems to be as jarring as it is because it's just the first piece of a much larger aesthetic plan.

FettFan

hero_EB19981125REVIEWS811250302AR.jpg

Rich Brownn

You know...

By streamlining the entrance more, getting rid of the roof doo-dads, and (eventually) removing the chrome fins, you can have a streamlined grey, white, purple, and blue color scheme, with waterfalls at roof height, keeping some of the rocks, and mixing it in with new natural landscaping.View attachment 412132
Waterfalls will never come back there. Too many problems with mist, slippery sidewalks, mold, etc.

DznyRktekt

You know...

By streamlining the entrance more, getting rid of the roof doo-dads, and (eventually) removing the chrome fins, you can have a streamlined grey, white, purple, and blue color scheme, with waterfalls at roof height, keeping some of the rocks, and mixing it in with new natural landscaping.View attachment 412132
A futuristic "backside of water" line could be added to the TTA if these were added.

HiJe

Is the problem with the sign the continuity of lighting? It's a nice clear white sign with a bunch of neon purples, greens, blues, oranges, etc.... behind it. Taking away the bad cartoon-ish signage clashing with the futuristic feeling of the land during the day, could the problem be solved with just making all the lighting bright and white?

Not looking to argue with anyone, just a temporary design idea.

tirian

Is the problem with the sign the continuity of lighting? It's a nice clear white sign with a bunch of neon purples, greens, blues, oranges, etc.... behind it. Taking away the bad cartoon-ish signage clashing with the futuristic feeling of the land during the day, could the problem be solved with just making all the lighting bright and white?

I like it. That’s a decent temporary solution until TL gets new architecture.

Also, let’s pause for a moment to consider the sweeping changes Disney made for the ‘94 reboot, along with the creative risks of Alien Encounter, versus the piecemeal renovations we’re seeing from a much larger, much more profitable Disney Co. in 2019.

Timothy_Q

Most of the colored lighting isn't LED, so changing colors would mean getting new lights for everything.

Probably more work and money than they're willing to spend, for something just temporary.
Especially considering they're already underway for the permanent changes

KikoKea

50s/60s sci-fi aesthetic is now iconic and timeless imo. And in no small way thanks to Walt and company.

This is a good choice for Tomorrowland.

And perhaps classic steampunk might get utilized elsewhere eventually. 🚂
While I'd like a bit more to the sign, perhaps a blue back-glow to the "Tomorrowland" part, I like it for it's sleek, simple design. It is different from the other, which I liked just fine, but it's design does point to a less messy overall design for TL. I'm hoping they will stick with this clean and simple design and continue removing the fins and other added decorations that tend to clutter up the curved lines of the TTA route. If they go with a blue/white palette, with colorful planets, etc as highlights, I think it will look amazing.

Steampunk is cool for a totally immersive environment, imo. If there's just steampunk decor added in here and there in any land, it will look odd. I would love a Jules Verne steampunk land, something like Disney Seas has. They can save those fins for a Journey to the Center of the Earth ride in Epcot for Discovery Neighborhood!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom