News Tomorrowland love

KevinPage

Here ya go, I had some time on my hands

Attachments

• 4A8DAE84-EF17-4776-8431-40FB1B555D9A.jpeg
    4A8DAE84-EF17-4776-8431-40FB1B555D9A.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 175

Heppenheimer

Over the past few days, I've learned a lot about Disney fans' mindset following the initial reaction to an incomplete installation ("It's terrible! My childhood is destroyed! It's not what Walt wanted! Off with Messrs. Iger and Chapek's heads! What about the yeti?!") to the evolution of acceptance ("well, I guess it's better than <fill in the blank>") to appreciation when the final product is finished ("Wow, that sign is quite nice").

Always entertaining, this website.

TJJohn12

Yes, the closure was impromptu, but it wouldn’t be unreasonable to extend it now to do what they were already planning on doing sometime in the next couple of years anyway.

Not entirely unreasonable, but perhaps a little more expensive and a little backwards. If - for instance - a refurb and renovation were already planned for late 2020, none of the offsite fabrication work for thinks like new ride vehicles or a new iconic element would have been completed (started? plans finalized?) yet. So this would mean Ops losing capacity while WDI orders and waits on subcontractors to deliver new custom parts and elements.

Again, if the ride is entirely *broken* and/or unsafe to operate anyways, then this would be no loss (ala Primeval Whirl). But we have no indication that the ride is compromised. Which means waiting for fabrication with the ride in mothballs seems like an undue hardship.

Donaldfan1934

Does anyone else think it's odd that they've officially said nothing about this transformation?
Because we should really care less about what happens to Tomorrowland as theme park fans. Disney pop-up stores inside of select Target locations, on the other hand, are the kind of thing that’s truly worthy of our excitement and anticipation.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Over the past few days, I've learned a lot about Disney fans' mindset following the initial reaction to an incomplete installation ("It's terrible! My childhood is destroyed! It's not what Walt wanted! Off with Messrs. Iger and Chapek's heads! What about the yeti?!") to the evolution of acceptance ("well, I guess it's better than <fill in the blank>") to appreciation when the final product is finished ("Wow, that sign is quite nice").

Not even just a thing here. Go on Twitter for even more hot takes. If you think it's crazy here, just wait till you explore outside this site.

Bocabear

but see, the installation of that sign is complete...there is even an illustration of it on the park maps....so, I am not out of line assuming it is finished...

Donaldfan1934

but see, the installation of that sign is complete...there is even an illustration of it on the park maps....so, I am not out of line assuming it is finished...
The installation of the sign may be complete, but the implementation of the aesthetic across the land isn’t, so you can’t judge how it looks against the main concourse as it currently stands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom