News Tomorrowland love

Movielover

Uh, no, I don't. 😜 Comes across as obnoxious and unstable to me -- never felt like there was a there there with him... lots of fantasies but as of yet not a sustainable business model it seems. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I have mixed feelings on the guy too, but he did start PayPal and is worth 20 billion. 40th richest person in the world. Just saying, he's had some stable business models.

He single handily rejuvenated the public's interest in space exploration. Something NASA's been trying to do for a very long time...

Obobru

I have mixed feelings on the guy too, but he did start PayPal

Musk is often credited for a lot of things he didn't do due to good marketing. He didn't create PayPal at all it was created by Confinity a company his online banking company x.com merged with. You most likely think he created Tesla as well, again a company he took over and ousted the founders. He's like Edison, an ego who claims ideas that are not his.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, July 19, 2019. Here's what's left after the gateway to Tomorrowland was removed. Two large gray boxes.

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1603.JPG

matt9112

Uh, no, I don't. 😜 Comes across as obnoxious and unstable to me -- never felt like there was a there there with him... lots of fantasies but as of yet not a sustainable business model it seems. 🤷🏻‍♀️

space x makes so much money its insane and controls the global launch industry as nobody else can match there prices atm. tesla is the company that burns cash.

WDW862

SpaceX is completely sustainable. They make a profit on all launches. The profits just go into Starlink and BFR.

ppete1975

I think the Tomorrowland light and power should be the color palette they use. Maybe plus the exterior a bit (overall shape fits well).

ToTBellHop

I think the Tomorrowland light and power should be the color palette they use. Maybe plus the exterior a bit (overall shape fits well).
Not necessarily if they demolish that blight so people can actually access the E-ticket they’re building.

Tomorrowland no longer needs a Light and Power plant since the nearby Laugh Floor collects tons of energy, apparently.

ppete1975

Not necessarily if they demolish that blight so people can actually access the E-ticket they’re building.

Tomorrowland no longer needs a Light and Power plant since the nearby Laugh Floor collects tons of energy, apparently.
But where will they sell souvenirs!!! I actually like the building and think it could tie everything together, but everyone has different opinions on architecture :) I can see your point on sight lings though.

ToTBellHop

But where will they sell souvenirs!!! I actually like the building and think it could tie everything together, but everyone has different opinions on architecture :) I can see your point on sight lings though.
Sight lines aren't my issue here. It's that the narrow walkway between the old arcade and the Speedway is too narrow to get to TRON. It'll be an awful bottleneck at park open and it baffles my mind that they aren't redesigning it while they fix ~50-year old bottlenecks elsewhere in the park. Maybe they are assuming there won't be strollers but enough folks have no problem putting their 9-year olds in a stroller.

trainplane3

On the Peoplemover, wasn't there a blacked out wall all the way around space mountain? Because I can see a good deal of the ride. I seem to remember only being able to look up to see stars because it was blacked out in front of me in the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom