News Tomorrowland love

AVAC Juice

I didn’t mind them during their respective celebrations. They just should have departed immediately at the end of each celebration like the Castle Cake. I’m not inherently opposed to an ostentatious, temporary decorative element as part of a celebration.
Agreed.

I wish Mickeys Birthdayland ended with the "use by date" on the celebration rather than morphed into Mickeys Starland, Mickeys Toontown Fair and uggh Storybook Circus.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
as someone who is artistic, I hate people judging what I work on when it's only partially completed. So in this case I am still going to wait and see what the finished product looks like.

I do think it's interesting that there seems to be a split from people who like the original design, the '94 design with regular rocks and the blue/purple rocks.

I actually like the blue/purple rocks 🤷‍♂️

ToTBellHop

as someone who is artistic, I hate people judging what I work on when it's only partially completed. So in this case I am still going to wait and see what the finished product looks like.

I do think it's interesting that there seems to be a split from people who like the original design, the '94 design with regular rocks and the blue/purple rocks.

I actually like the blue/purple rocks 🤷‍♂️
I like the idea of the new aesthetic. It’s just being sloppily executed in some cases. But I, too, am eager to see the finished project. The current pace should leave this finished in 2025.

trainplane3

If the rocks go then this is a radical rethink of the plan from 3 years ago.

Although the new sign as seen on the park map is already different to that of 3 years ago.
So they could've found some extra money in the paint budget to do some slightly larger modifications?

Walt d

This is fantastic. While I'm sure we would all love to see that kind of attention to detail and pride in show come from on high, having it return from the ground up is every bit as welcome. Hopefully this great example will spur other areas to follow the lead.

It really does make a difference. I can't get over the incredible positivity (which I wholeheartedly share) on display in the CoP thread.
Mmm i really like the sign thats there. Very Syfy. Lets hope the Imaginaires Dream up something worthy of tomorrow land ..

stuart

Phone pics, no sign as of this morning

Last edited:

MrPromey

I actually like Tomorrowland ‘94 better than any version before it. And I don’t think it looks too dated. Improvements are welcome but going back to the original ‘71 look would be a bad idea.

It's funny because I remember when they made the '94 changes, one of the things pointed out was that by going for a vision of the "future that never was" inspired by classic Buck Rogers comics and the like, the intention was to build a look that would not need to be redone again to prevent it from looking dated.

Of course, we've come full circle. In part thanks to Jonathan Ive's aesthetic over at Apple and in part to enough time passing, the original design would now be considered retro-cool where many think the "never/forever" current look seems stale.

I think the ultimate takeaway for Disney from all of this should be that there's really no way to avoid redoing the look/feel of this land every 20 years or so to keep with the feel of the times unless they want to just turn it into Pizza Planet Land.

Last edited:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Agreed on the idea that they are trying to give it a cleaner, less "busy" look by removing a lot of the more elaborate pieces, and maybe make it a mix of actual futuristic stuff with retro touches? I don't know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom