News Tomorrowland love

Bocabear

I must be in the minority, but I actually like the sign. The fins on the other hand... :hungover:
the fins were spectacular...When operating...which was not often especiallt towards the end, but they have come a long way in fountain technology since 1971...if the waterfalls were done like the waterwalls at the Aria in Las Vegas it would be mesmerizing and amazing...it would also give them a great plane to project on during the nightly projection shows...

ryan1

The whole aesthetic of Tomorrowland is so dated and cheesy in the worst possible way. It didn't go full steampunk like Paris and lost all the futuristic sleekness it once had but added the rocks that don't fit either, so now its in this weird limbo that just doesn't mesh. The steampunk aspects are so cartoonish there isn't a way to just repaint or cover up to make them any better. If the rocks were more prominent throughout the rest of the land I could see them presenting the area as a different planet but without that they are just out of place. Rip the non-structural aspects out and start over. Shoot for something that will not be dated in 5 years.

A sleek simplistic new sign is a good start. The waterfalls would be even better but there's no way they are spending that kind of money.

aladdin2007

The whole aesthetic of Tomorrowland is so dated and cheesy in the worst possible way. It didn't go full steampunk like Paris and lost all the futuristic sleekness it once had but added the rocks that don't fit either, so now its in this weird limbo that just doesn't mesh. The steampunk aspects are so cartoonish there isn't a way to just repaint or cover up to make them any better. If the rocks were more prominent throughout the rest of the land I could see them presenting the area as a different planet but without that they are just out of place. Rip the non-structural aspects out and start over. Shoot for something that will not be dated in 5 years.

A sleek simplistic new sign is a good start. The waterfalls would be even better but there's no way they are spending that kind of money.

well said...and I wouldn't miss the rocks, anyone else think they would be a big loss?

raymusiccity

This view isn't going to be around for much longer

View attachment 387659
Wish we could vote on the new entrance!
IMG_2503.JPG

ChrisFL

Premium Member

It wasn't supposed to be steampunk, it was retro future like the 50's and 60's

KevinPage

So they are spending money to downgrade and simplfiy the entrance sign to a land? What logical sense does this make?

Chapek doesn’t want to spend $$$ to build, why spend it to deconstruct?

tirian

the fins were spectacular...When operating...which was not often especiallt towards the end, but they have come a long way in fountain technology since 1971...if the waterfalls were done like the waterwalls at the Aria in Las Vegas it would be mesmerizing and amazing...it would also give them a great plane to project on during the nightly projection shows...

“That looks expensive. Why don’t we paint Instagram-ready backgrounds for underpaid CPs to take selfies and convince their friends life is MAGICAL?” — Bob Chapek

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom