News Tomorrowland love

sedati

im confused what does any of that have to do with Disney
Well, if you moved Tron a bit further over into Fantasyland, you'd basically have the Twilight Palace from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
What are the odds we get Laser Man to accompany TRON?

I would think high. And if not exactly "Laserman" a similar show using the same magic apparatus and elecTRONica music would definitely be doable. Little overhead for a quick gain to Tomorrowland's attraction roster. They'd be foolish not to consider it. Although Disney might have to bargain a bit for the rights to use the routine as it was presented at elecTRONica. That and consider having a "blue laser" version for better continuity. I completely forgot about this show. It'd be perfect!

Bocabear

I would think high. And if not exactly "Laserman" a similar show using the same magic apparatus and elecTRONica music would definitely be doable. Little overhead for a quick gain to Tomorrowland's attraction roster. They'd be foolish not to consider it. Although Disney might have to bargain a bit for the rights to use the routine as it was presented at elecTRONica. That and consider having a "blue laser" version for better continuity. I completely forgot about this show. It'd be perfect!
When we were in Tokyo this year we went to the Robot Restaurant...they did a Laser Man type of act that was very similar...very...to what they did for ElecTRONica... So I don't think it is necessarily proprietary technology...

celluloid

When we were in Tokyo this year we went to the Robot Restaurant...they did a Laser Man type of act that was very similar...very...to what they did for ElecTRONica... So I don't think it is necessarily proprietary technology...

It is not. Sea World Orlando has one nightly at Electric Ocean.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

That's what EPCOT's Japan pavilion needs...Robot restaurant

AVAC Juice

Will Tomorrowland actually receive any enhancementments that wont need repainted again by the 50th?

In the last few years I've seen: For rent tents, painted rocks, a closure of SGE, a reduction of the speedway for it's 3rd or 4th shortening now since 1971 with the + addition of Tokyo Disneyland fiberglass bodies.

Purple wall. A retro 70s sign which is a plus in my opinion. A coffee kiosk and yet another Carousel of Progress repaint and more paint. Also TRON!

Not in that order forgive me. I'm trying to follow the logic of thinking here.

I really liked some of the paint work on the Carousel and on the rocks. Much is horrific. Is anything of substance heading toward Tomorrowland or is it relegated to drawing an idea out of a fishbowl each budget?

Seems chaotic in general. I hope Team Disney aren't adding painted visual landscapes to the attraction roster.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Will Tomorrowland actually receive any enhancementments that wont need repainted again by the 50th?

In the last few years I've seen: For rent tents, painted rocks, a closure of SGE, a reduction of the speedway for it's 3rd or 4th shortening now since 1971 with the + addition of Tokyo Disneyland fiberglass bodies. Purple wall. A retro 70s sign which is a plus in my opinion. A coffee kiosk and yet another Carousel of Progress repaint and more paint.

I really liked some of the paint work on the Carousel and on the rocks. Much is horrific. Is anything of substance heading toward Tomorrowland or is it relegated to drawing an idea out of a fishbowl each budget? Seems chaotic in general.
They’re building a small family coaster. Barely made the news.

aladdin2007

In the last few years I've seen: For rent tents, painted rocks, a closure of SGE, a reduction of the speedway for it's 3rd or 4th shortening now since 1971 with the + addition of Tokyo Disneyland fiberglass bodies.

Purple wall. A retro 70s sign which is a plus in my opinion. A coffee kiosk and yet another Carousel of Progress repaint and more paint. Also TRON!

I really liked some of the paint work on the Carousel and on the rocks. Much is horrific. Is anything of substance heading toward Tomorrowland or is it relegated to drawing an idea out of a fishbowl each budget?

Seems chaotic in general. I hope Team Disney aren't adding painted visual landscapes to the attraction roster.

you summed up exactly what I have been thinking,,,,,its really all a mish mash mess with no direction and thats very bothersome. It was a good sign of things to come when they had started originally, but I dont know what happened. I just call it ghettoland anymore. its really a shame.

AVAC Juice

you summed up exactly what I have been thinking,,,,,its really all a mish mash mess with no direction and thats very bothersome. It was a good sign of things to come when they had started originally, but I dont know what happened. I just call it ghettoland anymore. its really a shame.
It is crazy. It started out like things were being carefully and somewhat strategicly crafted with the overall direction of a new Tomorrowland.

It really seems that random and stupid.

WDW really abandons, neglects and uses its history. It's such a shame. Ugh.

ToTBellHop

It is crazy. It started out like things were being carefully and somewhat strategicly crafted with the overall direction of a new Tomorrowland.

It really seems that random and stupid.

WDW really abandons, neglects and uses its history. It's such a shame. Ugh.
I admittedly can’t get a read on what they’re doing here. It doesn’t feel like a focused aesthetic for me. If they had decided to make the whole land look TRONy, it wouldn’t have been my first choice, but I’d get it. It would look awesome at night at least. The retro paint over 1990s fixtures looks like when they paint over an old Burger King and make it a Starbucks. And a lot more than paint would be necessary to complete a full retro look. I’m not convinced that will happen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom