• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Tomorrowland love

Incomudro

I'm still upset about losing this:

View attachment 377829
This will always epitomize Disney for me.
I've posted my story of seeing this for the first time, so I won't do it again - at least not now.
But, when I saw what we see here in this image - this ship, the water, rock work etc. - before even going on the ride, Disney transported me to a place like I had never been to before.
This is why Pandora, and Galaxy's Edge - capture the magic of Disney perfectly for me - even though I don't care for the movie Avatar and I wasn't much of a Star Wars fan growing up. (Though I have come to like Star Wars because of my sons.)
Pandora and GE do just what we see here.

Magicart87

Premium Member
Advertisement

View attachment 377829
Be a good addition to DAK. Near or where Dinoland resides. They could even continue the whole mythic creatures/land that time forgot vibe. Combined that with a reworked Dinosaur to fit the new land - tie it all together with a Steampunk aesthetic and overgrowth = win!

SteamboatJoe

View attachment 377829
Same on both accounts. Heck, they discontinued the swan boats before I was born and even that upsets me. It must've been so cool to see the castle, old hub, Tomorrowland, Main Street, and Adventureland from that attraction. I wish every land had a themed, passive transit ride that toured it.

Sky

Well now that you mention it - what’s the rumor mill saying will be the next extended refurb? Seems like we haven’t had one since Splash a year or so ago. And I mean more than just seasonal - like a full refresh. POTC was a quick month or so, Speedway was an asphalt milling job (essentially). Anybody know what’s next for an extended clean up?

matt9112

That's what was supposed to happen with this land update.

Removing the 94 elements, and going back to the 71 / 75 Tomorrowland, which is an evolution of Disneyland's 67 Tomorrowland

But it seems a lot of 94 elements may be staying and just getting repainted instead. Shame
labor costs...this is disney there stock price is only up 50% this year cant afford to remove things that fresh paint will fix.

trainplane3

Maybe go-away blue would have been better.

:D
Personally, go away high powered cutting tools and crane would've been better choices for these.

Edit: Crap, I think the TTA fins are staying for good. Look at how integrated the top "upward" fins are with the TTA "vertical" fins:

But then again, they can still retheme the TTA fins to something more 70s and still keep them connected to the upward fins...

Last edited:
Top Bottom