• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Tomorrowland love

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Any more information on this you can give or direct us to? I'd love to hear more! If not, your scooAttach files is always appreciated :)
At the time Harris was president of the DL resort. She was clueless when it came to theme park design and savaged the budget of Tomorrowlands makeover. It was her who decreed Rocket Rods would lose it’s banked turns and we
know how that turned out.

She left the company to “spend more time with her family”.

Last edited:

voodoo321

The Shanghai Tomorrowland gives me the feeling of the exterior plaza level of a modern soccer/football stadium and outdoor shopping mall. It's aesthetics won't hold up over time either. Of course it looks great at night with the lighting but so does WDW's. Anything looks great with the right lighting package. Unfortunately, unless you put a dome over the entire land, it will be lit in sunlight for 90% of operating hours. My vote is for a retro future 60's space age era look.

MickeyMario

The Shanghai Tomorrowland gives me the feeling of the exterior plaza level of a modern soccer/football stadium and outdoor shopping mall. It's aesthetics won't hold up over time either. Of course it looks great at night with the lighting but so does WDW's. Anything looks great with the right lighting package. Unfortunately, unless you put a dome over the entire land, it will be lit in sunlight for 90% of operating hours. My vote is for a retro future 60's space age era look.
That's what was supposed to happen with this land update.

Removing the 94 elements, and going back to the 71 / 75 Tomorrowland, which is an evolution of Disneyland's 67 Tomorrowland

But it seems a lot of 94 elements may be staying and just getting repainted instead. Shame

ParksAndPixels

I agree that Stitch needs to be occupied before anything, but Buzz desperately needs some love and attention, its in terrible condition.
I like Stitch the character, but I’m happy to see a replacement in this space (especially if it was actually futuristic in some way), then work on buzz. Last thing we need are more shuttered attractions to later become M&G

Top Bottom