News Tomorrowland love

Sky

Well now that you mention it - what’s the rumor mill saying will be the next extended refurb? Seems like we haven’t had one since Splash a year or so ago. And I mean more than just seasonal - like a full refresh. POTC was a quick month or so, Speedway was an asphalt milling job (essentially). Anybody know what’s next for an extended clean up?

matt9112

That's what was supposed to happen with this land update.

Removing the 94 elements, and going back to the 71 / 75 Tomorrowland, which is an evolution of Disneyland's 67 Tomorrowland

But it seems a lot of 94 elements may be staying and just getting repainted instead. Shame

labor costs...this is disney there stock price is only up 50% this year cant afford to remove things that fresh paint will fix.

trainplane3

Maybe go-away blue would have been better.

:D
Personally, go away high powered cutting tools and crane would've been better choices for these.

Edit: Crap, I think the TTA fins are staying for good. Look at how integrated the top "upward" fins are with the TTA "vertical" fins:

But then again, they can still retheme the TTA fins to something more 70s and still keep them connected to the upward fins...

Last edited:

trainplane3

Posted by @MrEpcot on twitter

D8tx4wdXkAAiKG4.jpg:large

It will be really interesting to see how this all looks when it's done. I have a feeling we're going to get a lot of LED's that will make these colors change and maybe projection mapping as well
Oh nice, I've been trying to find a good picture of it that isn't from our best friend. And even then, their pictures aren't good quality.
A comparison from Google Maps:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom