News Tomorrowland love

trainplane3

They drive on both sides of the road in Japan?!
Have you not watched Initial D? They drive on both sides sideways while blaring eurobeat.

Wait. Disney. I have an idea on how to make the Speedway more exciting. We just need a bunch of Hyabusa engines and even more tires. Trust me. This will excite everyone. And also bring the addition of tire smoke to the already obnoxious fume on that side of TL but...who cares?

britain

Funny thing: I remember first seeing the model of that Timekeeper dome in... hmm was it an annual report or an issue of Disney News? Anyway, it was 1993, and I associate those images with James Horner’s great score for Sneakers. (I was listening to it a lot at the time.)

So now, 25 years later, they’re taking down the dome. And by pure coincidence, I watched Sneakers with my kids tonight.

Time marches on... and the domestication of the hound continues unabated.

Goodnight y’all.

Brer Oswald

I get that. But some posters are acting like Space Mountain used to be some big inspirational message and the Tommorwland of today has lost that message. Despite Space Mountain being essentially the same ride since 1975. Nothing has changed other than’s people’s nostalgia goggles.
I would say it still has that message, and is one of the few attractions in Tomorrowland that has a message like that. The only thing really missing is “We’ve Come So Far” and the original post show.

WEDwaydatamover

I like that the Space Mountain RCA dog (Lab Retriever) is metal. The rest needs to go. It's time has come. A clean future, bright future.

I'd like to see a colorful sci-fi 60s version but with beauty, creativity and fun. Like Rolly Crumps. Not the cold cartoonist Tomorrowland of today.

It has become tacky.

Stupid IP overlays slapped all over, dance party stage, horrible colors palets and area music. I has an identity crisis, tho not as bad as Disneylands.

rocketraccoon

The dome as of today:
9yALjNb.jpg

0722stK.jpg

Nothing different at the base really.

That one spot out by Buzz:
0HSr7Kz.jpg

Incredibles still sticks around on the PeopleMover by Space Mountain:
LKiLuTe.jpg

They covered up the wait time out by Stitch with cardboard, which is certainly a look:
bUSwVNQ.jpg

The Galactic Federation in general has seen better days, honestly.
Oby3nPY.jpg

rocketraccoon

Those are used on construction sites and carry information about the site I think. Seems excessive for such a small area but still.

So with the spaceship thingy going away, how will people find MILF? Is there a new sign for the show or is there one coming?
Currently it's just a tiny sign on the construction wall. If they wanted they could hang one off of the PeopleMover without too much problem.

Also WDW is full of interesting acronyms, isn't it?

sedati

Maybe Martin knows, but why wasn't Space Mountain built at the end of the plaza and instead around the corner? Seems it would have made for the ultimate weenie, and I think the earliest concept art had it in that spot. I assume land quality had something to do with it, but there had been a later rumor of an Incredibles kuka attraction at that spot.
Space Mountain, like Spaceship Earth sort of baffles me in that most of the best views are from outside the park.

Br’er Rabbit

Maybe Martin knows, but why wasn't Space Mountain built at the end of the plaza and instead around the corner? Seems it would have made for the ultimate weenie, and I think the earliest concept art had it in that spot. I assume land quality had something to do with it, but there had been a later rumor of an Incredibles kuka attraction at that spot.
Space Mountain, like Spaceship Earth sort of baffles me in that most of the best views are from outside the park.

Spaceship earth has a great view when you first walk in and especially in Japan pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom