News Tomorrowland love

prberk

Why does the future have to be all silver and metal.. Why cant it look neat and clean without all of the metal surfaces?
Cause that’s what the mid 90s futuristic aesthetic was like.

Every sci fi movie and tv show was like that

Well, in some ways they weren't wrong. Have you been to an appliance store or "new" kitchen lately? Just sayin'. ;-)

Br’er Rabbit

There now. The dome is slowly being taken apart and looks pretty bad, though there’s no way to disamantle that without looking bad.

There’s also a huge construction square in front of buzz that takes up a large amount of space. I could see the inside from the peoplemover yet there wasn’t anything going on inside it.

Kman101

I know anything IP gets lambasted as out of place, but I didn't really think The Incredibles felt all that out of place in Tomorrowland. It was a super hero expo. Not a big deal. It was a movie promotion. Life goes on. They felt more at home than Stitch, Buzz or Monsters do to me. Each their own and all I guess, lol

aladdin2007

I couldn't decide today which is worse, all the metal in Tomorrowland or in Small World load/unload. The latter being horribly ugly and needing a major redo. Lots of show quality problems as well.....but anyway as for tomorrowland I've always liked the neon colors at night.

prberk

Tomorrowland should go back to looking like it does in @prberk 's avatar.

I agree, but I do have to give credit where credit is due. I adopted this avatar after long-time and beloved member "unkadoug" passed away at the beginning of 2017, and I have used it since.

Here is what I said about him and his avatar at that time, with some of it entirely relevant to this thread:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/very-sad-news.923485/page-4#post-7544639

I have literally just read this. I have been busy lately.

I know that I am late to the "party," but I immediately decided to take on unkadoug's classic avatar at least for a while. Not only was he a genuinely nice presence on these boards, but his avatar always struck me as a quick glimpse of the Disney that I fell in love with so many years ago... the classic Tomorrowland with the monorail connecting it thematically with the Contemporary Resort off in the distance.

He was 58, and I just turned 51; so we were not that far apart in age, and probably came up with the same inspiration at WDW.

Thanks to @The Mom for this thread, and to @Nemo14 for the updates, and to @wdwmagic for reclaiming the old avatar. It really was striking to me.

I will miss him and his pleasant, fun, yet knowledgeable approach to things here. I hope that through faith we will see him on the other side. Blessings and prayers for his family.

By the way, I still miss unkadoug's contributions around here. He was a good guy.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
For the first time since 1994.... you can see beyond the structure!

BD2B017F-1611-4727-A5DC-C95A64333B22.jpeg
7AC7953C-1134-42DD-B481-30EE409827A2.jpeg

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Are they planning on removing those trees, from the other shots, they seem to block the sightline on entering tomorrowland into the peoplemover area?

This area, from best I can tell on Google Earth Park View, has nothing there now but a service panel (circled in red).
Untitled.png

That's a large box to be working in the service pannel area. What on earth can they be adding (to block a very open path...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom