News Tomorrowland love

DTD_Parking

I don't think there's a set taste for purple.

Unless you're talking gum drops.
download (4).jpeg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
‘Grape’ flavored cough syrup is what comes close for a purple flavor for me, because it sure as heck does not taste like grapes or wine.

I don't think there's a set taste for purple.

Unless you're talking gum drops.
Concord grape flavor. Same chemical that repels birds and smells like hot garbage.
I think gumdrops (the spicedrops?) Purple is usually clove, which is also horrible.

FigmentJedi

That’s why the ride is based on the world and storyline of Buzz, where he is a real space ranger, like the opening scene of Toy Story 2.
Depends on whether your themed reality is the world of Toy Story, or the "Buzz Lightyear" universe within Toy Story.
a88.jpg
Problem is the Buzz rides can't seem to decide which reality they want to be, especially the Astro Blaster incarnations that end on "WE WILL RETURN ZURG TO THE STORE BECAUSE HE IS A BAD TOY".

Shanghai's the only one that's actually bothered to commit by going for a more precise "It's the Toy Story 2 prologue video game" setting.

Bairstow

Problem is the Buzz rides can't seem to decide which reality they want to be, especially the Astro Blaster incarnations that end on "WE WILL RETURN ZURG TO THE STORE BECAUSE HE IS A BAD TOY".

Shanghai's the only one that's actually bothered to commit by going for a more precise "It's the Toy Story 2 prologue video game" setting.

I think that the idea is that the "Buzz Lightyear" world is meant to be an obvious parody of the shallow fictional worlds commonly created to sell toys and the wink-wink with all the batteries is part of the fun. The understanding is that a child wouldn't be immediately cognizant of how preposterous the whole thing is, or if she did, wouldn't care. Removing all the ambiguity spoils the joke.

202412181_42ae662df8_z.jpg

FigmentJedi

I think that the idea is that the "Buzz Lightyear" world is meant to be an obvious parody of the shallow fictional worlds commonly created to sell toys and the wink-wink with all the batteries is part of the fun. The understanding is that a child wouldn't be immediately cognizant of how preposterous the whole thing is, or if she did, wouldn't care. Removing all the ambiguity spoils the joke.

202412181_42ae662df8_z.jpg
The Buzz Lightyear cartoon never stooped to that stuff and was first and foremost a sci-fi comedy and it was great. The most self-referential they ever got was having Pizza Planet exist as an in-universe restaurant in a couple of episodes.

And really, if you're trying to implement Buzz in a way that doesn't seem forced and is capable of blending, that's the way to go.

geekza

Ugh. Buzz needs to GO. Way beyond its’ expiration date. Either give us a fabulous refurbishment that knocks blows us all away or get something new in there.
I kind of feel the same way, but apparently it still brings in the crowds. As long as it continues to eat people, I feel like it's here to stay. I was never really a fan of it, though, so I'm probably the wrong person to want it gone. I still miss If You Had Wings. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom