News Tomorrowland love

cheezbat

I am curious to know.......What was this line for? And I'm sure it wasn't for Laugh Floor.....
Tomorrowland_Full_32464.jpg
That IS the line for Monsters Inc. when I was there last week it went all the way to the Tomorrowland Terrace. It's been insanely busy the past few weeks.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Teenagers like to have their picture taken in front of it because its purple color makes it well suited for Instagram uploads. This, plus the irony of being excited about something so mundane in one of the most extensively designed and decorated places on Earth has lead the wall to becoming a bit of a "thing" with a subset of teens and young adults who are into Instagram and internet fad culture. More recently, the company has started to release merchandise like shirts and magicbands to capitalize on the phenomenon.

I had absolutely no idea this was a thing...of course I also don't use instagram either

crxbrett

EricsBiscuit

And there's the blue wall up on the dome roof you mentioned the other day! Looks good!

If the plan is to remove a lot of the metal facades, when do they plan to do it? Over the next year or so? And would any attractions have to be closed or would they be able to do it during park hours or even after hours every night?
I'm guessing a lot of metal stays. It actually fits in with the new scheme a lot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
And there's the blue wall up on the dome roof you mentioned the other day! Looks good!

If the plan is to remove a lot of the metal facades, when do they plan to do it? Over the next year or so? And would any attractions have to be closed or would they be able to do it during park hours or even after hours every night?

I'm guessing a lot of metal stays. It actually fits in with the new scheme a lot.

There are plans to remove most of the 1994 concourse additions. The AE Teleport Tower should remain. So far as I know the Astro will remain pretty much as is. Just hopefully with all it’s lighting still working.

GlacierGlacier

Why are companies trying to kill off sci-fi?
Doesn't seem like it to me.

Star Wars, Star Trek, Alien, GotG, Black Mirror, Arrival, Interstellar, Ex Machina, WestWorld, etc...

(Note: Sci-fi can vary wildly. Most of what I noted was more Science-fantasy, with the exception of maybe Arrival/Interstellar/Ex Machina. Sci-Fi is an incredibly broad genre with dozens of subgenres which are mixed and matched as seen fit. But it's almost always in the public eye in some form)

Also, in terms of theme parks, Sci-fi is difficult because it consistently changes. If you're showing 'The Future' you're going to catch up to it in some parts. It either needs heavy stylization (Discoveryland) or constant consistent updates (no example found) to maintain a sci-fi feel. Or, it could be just left to rot for a few decades until it shifts from futurism to retro-futurism, but WDW bonked that with the 90s refurb.

WDWTank

Star Wars, Star Trek, Alien, GotG, Black Mirror, Arrival, Interstellar, Ex Machina, WestWorld, etc...

(Note: Sci-fi can vary wildly. Most of what I noted was more Science-fantasy, with the exception of maybe Arrival/Interstellar/Ex Machina. Sci-Fi is an incredibly broad genre with dozens of subgenres which are mixed and matched as seen fit. But it's almost always in the public eye in some form)

Also, in terms of theme parks, Sci-fi is difficult because it consistently changes. If you're showing 'The Future' you're going to catch up to it in some parts. It either needs heavy stylization (Discoveryland) or constant consistent updates (no example found) to maintain a sci-fi feel. Or, it could be just left to rot for a few decades until it shifts from futurism to retro-futurism, but WDW bonked that with the 90s refurb.
I personally think Guardians of the Galaxy is stupid, but that’s just my opinion. I’m not really a fan of the MCU films and characters.

WDWTank

WDW bonked the 90’s refurb? I thought it was perfect!! :D :D :D

Bairstow

Basically all of the metal stuff. I think this amazingly well photoshopped picture sums it up. Someone please correct me if this isn't right.
Hqf8Vhc.png

Don't forget the Astro Orbiter's spire and the colored sidewalk itself.
Honestly, you may as well circle the entire photo; other than the basic shape of things like the buildings, the Peoplemover track, and Space Mountain's exterior, everything was either changed or completely redressed in 1994.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom