News Tomorrowland love

WDWTank

OR they could put a little effort into decoupling the parks and resorts from film....just a smidgen of effort.
The funny thing is they built Everest.., in 2006. That's not that long ago. They could easily go back and rethink theme park strategy as an experience found no where else in the world. Not brand marketing or advertising with intellectual property.

RandySavage

OR they could put a little effort into decoupling the parks and resorts from film....just a smidgen of effort.
I heartily wish they would. The great irony is that, Disney being Disney, they could go back to being original and assume almost none of the perceived risk that a new or independent operator might when weighing IP vs non-IP in a park. Disney parks are so deeply-entrenched in popular culture that people are going to come regardless of the built-in mass appeal that execs love to link to popular IP.

FigmentJedi

The funny thing is they built Everest.., in 2006. That's not that long ago. They could easily go back and rethink theme park strategy as an experience found no where else in the world. Not brand marketing or advertising with intellectual property.

I'm telling ya, what we need is for more multimedia franchises to emerge from theme park rides. Taking the Disney Kingdoms comic concept or the whole lore of SEA and making a cinematic universe out of Imagineering concepts would be much better then all the crappy remakes of the animation library.

hpyhnt 1000

Great to hear about, what is hopefully, a somewhat extensive upcoming refurb.

On my wish list, I always thought it'd be great if the unload section could be better utilized for a quick closing sequence. Right now the attraction closes with nothing but faded curtains and the logo; it such a dull, abrupt ending. Perhaps a small show scene could be built with a sci-fi/"home of the future" looking vibe and a 30-45 second voiceover about progress and technology and better things yet to come. Maybe add in some projection mapping to depict different looking prototypes of future items (fridge, TV, furnishings, etc.)? Then the final theme plays as the curtain closes and the CoP logo is displayed as everyone exits.

Such an addition would bring the show to a formal and cohesive close, bridge that gap from the fourth show scene to the "future," and leave guests with glimpses of that great big beautiful tomorrow thats waiting to be dreamed.

WDWTank

I'm telling ya, what we need is for more multimedia franchises to emerge from theme park rides. Taking the Disney Kingdoms comic concept or the whole lore of SEA and making a cinematic universe out of Imagineering concepts would be much better then all the crappy remakes of the animation library.
Totally. The new Beauty and the Beast remake looks exactly the same as the original, but why do it if it's already been done?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom