News Tomorrowland love

jt04

even better, let's demo the entire Fountain Of Nations and make something even better with updated technology... that corridor through tere has always been too cramped and the fountain decks too tall making it look visually obstructed... I would love to see them create something new and fresh and more spectacular than the original one...with no stage.

Agreed. Never liked the way these are configured.

All these photos seem very EPCOT Center at opening as well as Shanghai Disneyland inspired. I say bring on the Tron Lightcycles! Goodbye Grand Prix Raceway!

Just considering this yesterday as midway mayhem shows progress on Andrettis which will make the raceway even more obsolete.

I believe plans for a lot of Tland are still being finalised. It's no surprise the Speedway and area are flagging a lot of points due to age, noise, need for upkeep and investment and being expensive to run.

That last point is the most important IMO. Much more bang for the bang for the buck is possible.

What's sparking the current rumours of mass investment all Disney World?

Are they actually faltering in the growth they want and have come to the realisation they need to invest. Are they running scared of Uni's aggressive plans? Iger cementing his legacy across domestic parks?

He is cementing his legacy in the parks and has been for awhile. See Carsland, Pandora, Star Wars Lands, and now apparently Future World and T-Land.

Okay. Carousel of Progress is staying.

Sigh.

P.S. You've been busy I see.

huwar18

Computers:
1. Wreck-it Ralph
  • Ralph v. Fix-it Felix
  • Candy Rush fast ride (could be simulated)
  • Hero's Duty Bug Crusher
2. Tron
  • Light Cycle
  • Any version of black light games, could be several... build it like Toy Story Mania

Space:
1. Wall-E
2. Stitch in Space
3. Muppets: Pigs in Space
4. Miles from Tomorrowland (either a kiddie ride, or, a really good innovative family ride where the IP doesn't matter too much)
5. Star Wars (Frozen is in three different parks, so, hey, why not SW?)
6. Mission to Mars (hey, this time, it's not some far off pipe dream, only this time, add your favorite IP character who's a tourist to Mars with you)
7. Flight of the Navigator

Supers:
1. Incredibles
2. Big Hero 6
3. SHIELD (hunting bad inhumans)
4. The Inhumans
5. Sky High

Supers in Space:
1. GotG
2. Ms. Marvel

Science!
1. Self-driving Cars demonstration, but by the cars from Cars. As the demo gets underway, the cars hear a favorite song on the radio and start dancing like Luigi's Cars in Cars Land.
2. Goofy's Time Traveling Machine (or any other favored IP who stumble upon and in a time travel machine with lots of stops in the future.
3. Honey! I Shrunk the Kids!
4. The Rocketeer
5. Cross Dimensions: Professor Honeydo's experiment goes haywire and you transverse multiple dimensions going to the worlds of Monsters Inc., Cars, Zootopia, Wonderland, Mickey's Cartoon World, Wreck-it Ralph, Star Wars, etc...

I would love to see something based off of the Rocketeer or Flight of The Navigator. Those are two of my favorite Disney movies. Wasn't Disney planning on a Rocketeer sequel?

Goofyernmost

I don't know how long CoP will stay in place but they tried really hard to get rid of it in the early 2000's. What changed their minds is anybody's guess, but, if it didn't go then, apparently someone in the organization wants it to stay.

montyz81

I don't know how long CoP will stay in place but they tried really hard to get rid of it in the early 2000's. What changed their minds is anybody's guess, but, if it didn't go then, apparently someone in the organization wants it to stay.
Rumor has it that Walt somehow made sure it could never be torn down. Like it was in his will or something.

Goofyernmost

Rumor has it that Walt somehow made sure it could never be torn down. Like it was in his will or something.
Even if it were true, which I sincerely doubt... it would have long ago stopped being anything legal. The Disney's all sold out their interests in the company. I don't know what it was, maybe some of management still has a soul, who knows. Whatever it takes for it to stay is fine with me. I think it is probably more to do with the connection to the People Mover track coupled with the lack of an idea of what to put in there in place of it that is holding it all together.

Marc Davis Fan

I think the reason for the current investment in WDW is simple: when Iger took over, a lot of parks badly needed expansions, and his administration focused on those they viewed as in greatest need first - DCA, HKDL, and WDSP. (They also determined that they needed to make a second attempt at truly entering the China market before it became saturated, thus Shanghai.) With those parks no longer in as great need, they're now able to focus more investment on WDW. This is my understanding, anyway.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

I think the reason for the current investment in WDW is simple: when Iger took over, a lot of parks badly needed expansions, and his administration focused on those they viewed as in greatest need first - DCA, HKDL, and WDSP. (They also determined that they needed to make a second attempt at truly entering the China market before it became saturated, thus Shanghai.) With those parks no longer in as great need, they're now able to focus more investment on WDW. This is my understanding, anyway.

Take your calm, measured, and rational view of things elsewhere! Don't you know that Bob Iger is the devil? He personally and single-handedly ruined the vacation of one of the posters here! (Said poster never elaborated how, exactly, this happened, so we are free to imagine wildly implausible scenarios. My theory- he broke into the hotel room and pooped in the luggage.)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Even if it were true, which I sincerely doubt... it would have long ago stopped being anything legal. The Disney's all sold out their interests in the company. I don't know what it was, maybe some of management still has a soul, who knows. Whatever it takes for it to stay is fine with me. I think it is probably more to do with the connection to the People Mover track coupled with the lack of an idea of what to put in there in place of it that is holding it all together.
They had plans (at least 3) for replacements so it wasn't a physical reason. Maybe someone up there does care.

Expect it to get some nice love. And happy Christmas !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom