News Tomorrowland love

hpyhnt 1000

I'm very happy to mention this.

It seems Tomorrowland has a new boss. And this person cares.

Basically if it is meant to work, there is now a push to have it work again.

Notice again the spinning blue lights above SGE and TLF? The Lno2 and lasers in SGE? Even the choc chip cookies and comets in Space Mountain? It will be a long haul but there is a concerted effort to improve show quality across the land.

This also spreads to subtle improvements. The rock work. The Space Mountain exterior lighting. Even the CoP sign and paint work, and the area BGM being audible.

Moral is higher now that things can be done if reasonably possible. It will take time but it is a great start.

Wonderful news. My wish list includes Space Mountain with audio you can actually discern and all star field projectors working; planets spinning on Astro Orbiter; new landscaping around Rockettower Plaza; improved lighting for the Progress City model; updated last scene for CoP; removal of that monstrosity of a stage next to CoP; new D/E ticket where the old Galaxy Palace Theater used to be. (OK, I might be getting carried away here...)

Sort of sad that this is big news in one sense. You'd think "caring" and "things should work" would be basic goals behind any management operation. Nonetheless, good news all around here. Hopefully this mentality spreads across the park and all of WDW.

brb1006

I'm very happy to mention this.

It seems Tomorrowland has a new boss. And this person cares.

Basically if it is meant to work, there is now a push to have it work again.

Notice again the spinning blue lights above SGE and TLF? The Lno2 and lasers in SGE? Even the choc chip cookies and comets in Space Mountain? It will be a long haul but there is a concerted effort to improve show quality across the land.

This also spreads to subtle improvements. The rock work. The Space Mountain exterior lighting. Even the CoP sign and paint work, and the area BGM being audible.

Moral is higher now that things can be done if reasonably possible. It will take time but it is a great start.
The same team should work with Future World.

brb1006

Wonderful news. My wish list includes Space Mountain with audio you can actually discern and all star field projectors working; planets spinning on Astro Orbiter; new landscaping around Rockettower Plaza; improved lighting for the Progress City model; updated last scene for CoP; removal of that monstrosity of a stage next to CoP; new D/E ticket where the old Galaxy Palace Theater used to be. (OK, I might be getting carried away here...)

Sort of sad that this is big news in one sense. You'd think "caring" and "things should work" would be basic goals behind any management operation. Nonetheless, good news all around here. Hopefully this mentality spreads across the park and all of WDW.
Please remove the Tommorowland stage show.

MerlinTheGoat

I'm so far liking some of the recent improvements. The Carousel of Progress' new paint job and sign looks fantastic, also like Space Mountain's new lighting as well. Heck I even think the new metallic silver/blue paint scheme for the rocks is looking decent.

Still a lot of work to do though. Space Mountain's lighting is nice yes, but the exterior still needs to be washed down and repainted properly as well. They also need to get Astro Orbiter's planets spinning again. Give Space Mountain a proper refurb, full track replacement and new effects as originally intended. And give CoP a new ending scene. While i'm not going to ever be a fan of Buzz Lightyear's ride, the interior needs a MASSIVE cleaning and repainting just to start with. The walls and ceilings are just caked with massive amounts of mold from what I assume to be prior roof leakage, it's incredibly disgusting and I can't believe it's allowed to run in such a state. This affects even the area of this building the Peoplemover travels through, there's an ugly square of ceiling ripped out with exposed wires and it has been that way for years now...

I also believe it was mentioned the lights for the Peoplmover were at some point supposed to be choreographed and/or change colors, but the effect was never implemented for some reason. Would be another nice new touch.

And I agree the stage needs to go, but I seriously doubt it will. Bleh...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom