News Tomorrowland love

Brer Panther

I like Buzz as a concept, a peacekeeping force of space soldiers shooting evil aliens, but the flat sets, Viewmaster, and giant batteries all seem to create the vibe that these are still toys and the whole ride could be a play-set in Andy's imagination.
Hot take?: I actually think Buzz fits fine in Tomorrowland, even with the inconsistency of whether or not you're on an adventure with the "real" Buzz or if you're supposed to be the size of a toy. Could be worse, though... in the Disneyland version, instead of having them grab Zurg with a giant claw (which, even if they're not toys, still works as a fun reference to the Aliens' origin in the movie) and putting him in jail, the episode ends with them trapping Zurg in his box and preparing to return him to the store.

I mean, honestly, did Dreamflight fit super-well in Tomorrowland either?

The Leader of the Club

Hot take?: I actually think Buzz fits fine in Tomorrowland, even with the inconsistency of whether or not you're on an adventure with the "real" Buzz or if you're supposed to be the size of a toy. Could be worse, though... in the Disneyland version, instead of having them grab Zurg with a giant claw (which, even if they're not toys, still works as a fun reference to the Aliens' origin in the movie) and putting him in jail, the episode ends with them trapping Zurg in his box and preparing to return him to the store.

I mean, honestly, did Dreamflight fit super-well in Tomorrowland either?
I think Buzz fit well in Tomorrowland…
Until Toy Story Land opened.

Now it’s just redundant and weird to have a Toy Story ride in a different park.
I’d make the same argument about Star Tours. Once a franchise has a whole land, I don’t see the need for it to occupy space in another.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I think Buzz fit well in Tomorrowland…
Until Toy Story Land opened.

Now it’s just redundant and weird to have a Toy Story ride in a different park.
I’d make the same argument about Star Tours. Once a franchise has a whole land, I don’t see the need for it to occupy space in another.

I don't see an issue with this. There are many characters that have multiple rides or are in multiple parks.

WaltWiz1901

A couple of musings:
  • Hard disagree that the Wreck-It Ralph shooter replace Buzz at WDW. Let the OLC relish in having another attraction unique to them
  • I will, however, agree that Buzz is in need of a redo; either refurbish the original ride or retheme it to Stitch or Big Hero 6
  • Whatever gets put in the SGE! space, I hope it's an improvement over what was there...
  • Something desperately needs to be done with the Speedway
  • Actually, something also needs to be done with the Laugh Floor. Tomorrowland's attraction roster (and its aesthetic, to a lesser extent) really ought to be spiffed up over what they currently entail

Bocabear

Buzz is fine where he is, but the ride should have an update, a refurbished queue and some new settings. Freshen it up...
Monsters should be moved to DHS... it is a better fit there.
Stitch should have moved into the People Mover show scenes causing havoc in the Transport system of Tomorrowland...and while they are at it they could add some show scenes in the inky blackness of Space Mountain.
They really need to figure out what to do with both the defunct SGE and MILF Crerate some sort of futuristic 2 part adventure?...SOMETHING......

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Although I think the IP could work in Epcot, I think Big Hero 6 could work well for the SGE theatres if they're set on keeping the theatre-in-the-round setup. An animatronic Baymax in the middle who tests a variety of medical abilities as special effects (scanner, sprayer, etc) and starts malfunctioning to show his super hero abilities as special effects. Then throw an M&G in the Merchant of Venus space.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Although I think the IP could work in Epcot, I think Big Hero 6 could work well for the SGE theatres if they're set on keeping the theatre-in-the-round setup. An animatronic Baymax in the middle who tests a variety of medical abilities as special effects (scanner, sprayer, etc) and starts malfunctioning to show his super hero abilities as special effects. Then throw an M&G in the Merchant of Venus space.
Kids *love* a doctor's visit and medical examinations!!!

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

The IP fits EPCOT better I think as the movie and series both touched on S.T.E.M. education. A good rubric for any would-be edutainment attraction. The superhero aspect is just a bonus. So long as it isn't a cloned spinner, the IP would fit well. Equally, exploring the sciences and "bots" aspect also works in Tomorrowland. For an attraction however, I'd prefer it take the place of Laugh Floor... hypothetical armchair.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Dreamflight was the history of aviation that ended with a (now dated) vision of the future

It was a small scale EPCOT Center kind of ride.

That Delta was paying for it meant it could go anywhere as far as Disney was concerned.

I also don't know if Dreamflight happens in Tomorrowland if the previous aviation themed attraction sponsored by an airline (If You Had Wings) hadn't come before it.

Also, hot take: Dreamflight was way better than If You Had Wings...fight me

Comped

A couple of musings:
  • Hard disagree that the Wreck-It Ralph shooter replace Buzz at WDW. Let the OLC relish in having another attraction unique to them
  • I will, however, agree that Buzz is in need of a redo; either refurbish the original ride or retheme it to Stitch or Big Hero 6
  • Whatever gets put in the SGE! space, I hope it's an improvement over what was there...
  • Something desperately needs to be done with the Speedway
  • Actually, something also needs to be done with the Laugh Floor. Tomorrowland's attraction roster (and its aesthetic, to a lesser extent) really ought to be spiffed up over what they currently entail
Hot take - Laugh Floor is in much more need of a replacement than Buzz, and Buzz is pretty bad at this point (mostly because a lot of the guns or spinning levers barely function).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom