News Tomorrowland love

Cmdr_Crimson

Aww they're removing the sidewalk Pokeball..Ah Well.
Photo from Blogmickey
tomorrowland-pavement-flooring-replacement-03-1867x1400.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Not this year but I think it will happen eventually. Now, I'm not saying we'll like what they come up with!

I personally don’t think they have a cohesive plan right now, and they’re making it up as they go. Or, even worse, they’re aiming to set a low bar and have a generic “clean” look that requires little thought, imagination, or upkeep.

The Aracuan Bird

They'll probably make it match the rest of Tomorrowland which I don't recall ever being a problem

View attachment 556839
Looking at it overhead, the gears actually look pretty cool. But I never noticed them before. I don’t care either way. I want a more streamlined look of Tomorrowland in the day time, with a hopeful retention of the multicolor neon lights at night (where post 94 Tomorrowland truly shined aesthetic wise).

But please, go all the way. The Classic Tomorrowland look works with Space Mountain, Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress and I guess Tron, but not so much with the extremely 90s Buzz. And Monster’s Inc makes no sense where it is, even if it is a pretty cute show. At least the sign is better now. Less of a priority than Buzz.

mergatroid

Right...”less detail”...the “company” knows best, ama right?

I wish I had a dime for everytime i had an Ariel view of the magic kingdom from the “rumor copter” in Orlando...
...great memories
I have no idea? I can honestly say it makes not a jot of difference to me if they change the flooring of TL other than getting rid of the cogs would actually improve it. I didn't hate it enough to previously complain about it and I can't remember people praising it when it was added either to be fair? I suppose it's all subjective really, if people think it made TL better then I suppose they're upset? It's just not something I've ever seen complimented personally.

I imagine it would have been cheaper to leave it as it was rather than change it, if it were a money saving exercise? If they were replacing it due to wear and tear then I can see that replacing it with a generic pattern could be cheaper, it's just not something that I think makes much difference. Having just repainted the rocks and remodeled the outer parts of the people mover perhaps they're just following a new design that doesn't include the cogs, just a thought?

You could argue that Disney were being cheap back in the day before they had a specially made design for the floor in TL, or perhaps the person tasked with designing it just wanted it plain?

GISQxAqVMiPCMN-FANzfTBUMCwFqjJnFuRG9FrVUNIgcUYlzG0svGowqUlAPOY7S9QFvu7p_AF_O_mG6-caQ

mergatroid

Looking at it overhead, the gears actually look pretty cool. But I never noticed them before. I don’t care either way. I want a more streamlined look of Tomorrowland in the day time, with a hopeful retention of the multicolor neon lights at night (where post 94 Tomorrowland truly shined aesthetic wise).

But please, go all the way. The Classic Tomorrowland look works with Space Mountain, Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress and I guess Tron, but not so much with the extremely 90s Buzz. And Monster’s Inc makes no sense where it is, even if it is a pretty cute show. At least the sign is better now. Less of a priority than Buzz.
Personally I've always liked TL in it's simpler, whiter, older version. The Star Jets always looked much cooler to me back when they were white and had no 'planets' floating around them. But Disney like changing things without consulting me first sadly, so sometimes I kind of accept that I'm not going to like what changes as much as that which preceded it. 'Back in the day' the flooring wasn't patterned and I don't think it made it worse. I'm trying to think without checking which other lands in the MK have a patterned floor and I can't think of any? Perhaps they do and I've not noticed, this may explain why some seem upset by the change but I honestly can't say despite spending 40+ years visiting it annually.

spa224653LARGE.jpg

DoleWhipDrea

I kind of liked the cogs and other designs in the cement, but it doesn't exactly match the overall look that they're going for now. I wish that they would take this time to do something really cool with the replacement and tie it in with TRON, maybe putting some fiber optics or installing some solar glow in the dark patterns leading to the weenies at the back of the land. But I can imagine getting a budget for something like that approved would be a real challenge today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom