News Tomorrowland love

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
This has absolutely baffled me as well. I do not understand the placement of Tron. At all. It will be a complete nightmare to get to/out of. I feel like they could have torn down the old Skyway station and out it there. Or put it in the large area by Buzz where the theater was/is. From the map on the app it looks to be a large vacant area. Although there may be some backstage areas there that I am unaware of. But to put it in such a tight area makes no sense to me.
The original plan was for a raised concourse across the Speedway with lift/escalator/stair access. This changed but the location didn’t.

jt04

I suspect that its placement is for the benefit of those outside the park. The sight lines of MK at a distance have the castle, Astro Orbiter iirc, and SM. Were Tron placed in front of Buzz, they would have a huge box to hide. In this case, the box is somewhat tucked away, though I unfortunately expect that it will be more obvious than we would prefer

The benefit is that they will have more flexibility to do something with the raceway pad if they ever want to upgrade.

jt04

The original plan was for a raised concourse across the Speedway with lift/escalator/stair access. This changed but the location didn’t.

Did the location of the wdwrr have an influence on the configuration? Not sure a train runs through the original version.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Did the location of the wdwrr have an influence on the configuration? Not sure a train runs through the original version.
Aside from the show building outside the berm? I doubt it.

The concourse would have bridged the Speedway and railroad, connecting to the undercover Shanghai plaza.

But who knows what the future may bring in this area.

The concourse would have bridged the Speedway and railroad, connecting to the undercover Shanghai plaza.

They cant be happy with the state of the Speedway as it stands right now correct? Do they have any backup ideas if the entrance becomes to unruly once Tron opens?

Dizknee_Phreek

Well I'm sure that would have looked cool. Too bad it didn't happen. But I just feel the placement will never not bug me. Maybe I will be proven wrong with the final product, but I just feel like for such a major attraction it will feel in some way separate from the land it's supposed to be a part of. Like it's tucked away in some forgotten corner of Tomorrowland. Not that it will be forgotten, of course...we all know it will be crazy busy. But it will just be weird considering no other WDW attraction spill to the other side of the train tracks...right? This will be the only one that I can think of.

Bostb71

Well I'm sure that would have looked cool. Too bad it didn't happen. But I just feel the placement will never not bug me. Maybe I will be proven wrong with the final product, but I just feel like for such a major attraction it will feel in some way separate from the land it's supposed to be a part of. Like it's tucked away in some forgotten corner of Tomorrowland. Not that it will be forgotten, of course...we all know it will be crazy busy. But it will just be weird considering no other WDW attraction spill to the other side of the train tracks...right? This will be the only one that I can think of.
Space Mountain is outside the tracks

britain

Just to be clear, you're saying the configuration seen in the concept art (concourse bridging railroad under the canopy) still holds true, but the original plan was a concourse that bridged the speedway as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom