News Tomorrowland love

DinoInstitute

Any chance Tomorrowland will ever solve the problem of every roof being covered in fall protection flags?
I hate those things! I mean, I get why they’re there, but they’re such a pet peeve of mine to see sticking out over the roofs breaking the theming. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen them mentioned on here so I thought I was the only one bothered by them, but I really wish they’d fix that all over the parks.

TrainsOfDisney

Just watched Martins tribute video to Rocket to the Moon / Mars.... with all the retheming, I wonder if we will get some sort of tribute rocket to the moon? I mean the theaters are roughly still in tact.... by Disney standards it could be done fairly cheap.

I also wonder what the plan is for the rocket ships, are they going back to white? Will be interesting to see what’s coming!

KikoKea

Over the past couple of years, DH and I have sat in our favorite chill spot in Cosmic Ray's overlooking the water and castle, and I've been disappointed and disgusted by the dirt and crud on the outside of the building. I cannot imagine the new white paint staying clean for any length of time. Maybe it is primer?

trainplane3

Another update:
org_dsc08126.jpg

It...doesn't look done. I hope it isn't done.
http://blogmickey.com/2019/06/stitc...enus-get-a-new-paint-scheme-at-magic-kingdom/

Castle Cake Apologist

I really like the idea of what I think they think they're going for. The execution is just... I'm not a fan so far at all.

Those last pictures posted truly show the problem of this to me. They're literally just slapping paint over things that were designed from a completely different place making goal, rather than actually redoing anything. You can clearly see a contradicting pattern built into the wall that those shapes are painted over. It just looks bad.

Castle Cake Apologist

I liked it when I was there last week. Still A LOT left to do to bring it all together though.

I just wish they were actually redoing, rather than repainting. So far a lot of it seems so contradictory, and they're just kinda... painting over things. I love this aesthetic in principle, but a lot of the structures they're doing it with weren't really designed with this type of look in mind.

I also can't figure out what will tie all of this together. So far, none of these designs really seem to complement one another very well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom