Tommorowland Speedways future???

Uddy

Original Poster
I once heard on this forum that the Tommorowland Speedway was to be removed for future attraction and a possible addition just north of Space Mountain outside the railroad track. Was this EVER a plan or was there any truth or am I just wishful thinking?

Cody5294

During the Halloween party last night at the speedway they had a giant sign that had lightning mcqueen and mator on it and it had a Japan backdrop from cars 2 and it said grand prix on it. I found that interesting since a lot of ppl on here came up with the idea that they should turn it into a cars grand prix attraction

afar28

During the Halloween party last night at the speedway they had a giant sign that had lightning mcqueen and mator on it and it had a Japan backdrop from cars 2 and it said grand prix on it. I found that interesting since a lot of ppl on here came up with the idea that they should turn it into a cars grand prix attraction
That would be kinda cool in Epcot (drive around te world) although IMO that does not fit in Tomorrowland or World Showcase

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Well not the speedway area per se, but there was talk about adding a TRON attraction similar to what is being built in Shanghai...which could have gone near Space Mountain on that empty land.

I still like the idea of building that and extending the peoplemover to make a second stop at the TRON attraction

LakeBeast

Well not the speedway area per se, but there was talk about adding a TRON attraction similar to what is being built in Shanghai...which could have gone near Space Mountain on that empty land.
That was my understanding, but it contradicted what others were told. So, who knows. Maybe it was talked as a POSSIBLE location, then moved elsewhere, then scrapped completely.

matt9112

I wish they would switch to the electric cars that we rode in Hong Kong. No gas fumes! I really feel for the cast members who work there.

i agree but purely from a bringing it into the future stand point....i have no issue with the gas fumes...of go karts....but than again i laugh intensely when i see a prius so my opinion might be skewed...but on another note the attraction as a whole like many at WDW is just so outdated...it is not new or cutting edge in any way like it somewhat was when built....i believe WDW should always strive for more....save your childhood memory two cents please.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
i agree but purely from a bringing it into the future stand point....i have no issue with the gas fumes...of go karts....but than again i laugh intensely when i see a prius so my opinion might be skewed...but on another note the attraction as a whole like many at WDW is just so outdated...it is not new or cutting edge in any way like it somewhat was when built....i believe WDW should always strive for more....save your childhood memory two cents please.

You probably would have an issue with gas fumes if you were a CM having to be around them all day....just sayin'

matt9112

You probably would have an issue with gas fumes if you were a CM having to be around them all day....just sayin'

just like employees at a cigar shop....or somebody who works at a gas station? you dont have to work at Disney world =) reason i state this is because here in boston they are trying to shut down the cigar bars on the "employees health gambet" yet....the employees can quit any time...

Uddy

Original Poster
I do like the idea of electric! It could be sponsored by the Chevy in conjunction with Volt!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom