Tommorowland Speedways future???

TDF

Woot for the Chevy Volt… Anyway, I just wish for a more futuristic speedway… now that Fantasyland is finishing up maybe Tomorrowland is next or maybe I just inhaled to many gas fumes though… who knows.

Mrs.Toad

If it ever went, I am concerned with what would replace it. It is also close to FL. Tomorrowland has many rides based in transportation vehicles.

Well, the speedway, the wed-way, space mountain cars, Star Jets. I would love something in Tomorrowland that moves past this.

stevehousse

Tear it down! They need to replace it with a villains land! They can use the speedway area and the small area just outside the brim! There is space if u google map it!

Pseudonym

The Speedway is neat, but families don't book their vacations at WDW because of it.

So much could, and needs to be done with Tomorrowland. The Speedway, MILF, and Stich all need to be removed (obviously MILF and Stich more importantly). When the park gets additions like the FLE it really gives you a sense of how outdated some of the park is. Its hard for me to sit here and say that Tomorrowland deserves the funding while Frontierland and Adventureland rightfully do as well.

Without my imagination taking a huge toll on this post, I'd love to see a Tron E ticket. Finalize plans for a sequel, Tron:Legacy did well enough in both box office sales and merch sales. Bring decent food to Tomorrowland, I'm tired of having to leave the land to find decent (at best) food in the park. What's a Noodle Station o_O ?

Removing the Speedway would create a lot of possibilities for Tomorrowland. Replace the Speedway with an experience(s) that is unique to Disney Parks.

EOD K9

If they are going to bulldoze the Speedway, they need to pay homage to it somehow on the next ride with the brick from the original Brickyard. Also, as a side note, can we stop referring to Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor as MILF? I see MILF and get an entirely different mental picture. :)

Ignohippo

During the Halloween party last night at the speedway they had a giant sign that had lightning mcqueen and mator on it and it had a Japan backdrop from cars 2 and it said grand prix on it. I found that interesting since a lot of ppl on here came up with the idea that they should turn it into a cars grand prix attraction

I think the hope was that they would build a "Race Around The World" attraction like it at DHS and then use the space for something else that would transition better between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

I also thought the blue sky Tron ride plans were to have it replace TTA and zip through the existing TTA route (that may have been just fan dreaming though).

stevehousse

One of the other posters mentioned to look at the Speedway on Google maps. That attraction has a larger footprint than any of the 3 mountains! That is valuable real estate that's being wasted in my opinion.

It is!!! Especially if u go outside the brim of the train tracks like space mountain. There is room for a themed land to go in that area if they take the speedway out!

I would love to see an new land added park. No matter wht it would be. Tomorrow land does need a refurb and I would love to see MILF and Stitch leave, along with the eatery they have in that area and replace them with 2 new rides ad a new eatery.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

It is!!! Especially if u go outside the brim of the train tracks like space mountain. There is room for a themed land to go in that area if they take the speedway out!

I would love to see an new land added park. No matter wht it would be. Tomorrow land does need a refurb and I would love to see MILF and Stitch leave, along with the eatery they have in that area and replace them with 2 new rides ad a new eatery.

Interesting idea, instead of just adding to Tomorrowland... what kind of land do you have in mind? I would like a better transition between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, personally. Something maybe steampunk-y, that combines the retro-future of Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. Doesn't have to be something major, just a sub-land like Toy Story in Hong Kong.

Atomicmickey

I love the Speedway, and I think it's really an important family/kid ride. So many parents
with their little one "driving" for the first time. I know I have great memories with my
kids.

That having been said, ugh, the fumes. They are just awful.
I think the attraction would be just great with two things:

1) electric. Please. Though--you do need that 'racecar' sound, and that could be synthesized.

2) add some theming to the course. The idea that it might become Cars 2's international race
could be great. Anything, so that there's cool scenery to pass while you're driving.

RunnerEd

I love the Speedway, and I think it's really an important family/kid ride. So many parents
with their little one "driving" for the first time. I know I have great memories with my
kids.

That having been said, ugh, the fumes. They are just awful.
I think the attraction would be just great with two things:

1) electric. Please. Though--you do need that 'racecar' sound, and that could be synthesized.

2) add some theming to the course. The idea that it might become Cars 2's international race
could be great. Anything, so that there's cool scenery to pass while you're driving.

Don't get me wrong, I love the speedway as well. I remember riding it as a kid with my folks and with my little brother in the 70's. I remember riding with my kids as well. With that being said, switching it to electric, adding some kind of theme/story/scenery, AND moving it to a different park would be great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom