Tommorowland Going Away

djronnieb

Original Poster
I heard from a very good source that sometime in 2010 Tommorowland will become "Pixarland". I was told this is a working name in progress, but it will be changed to something along those lines due to the fact that it's too hard and costly to keep updating a land that's about the future since things change so quickly these days as far as technology goes. Over the next 4 years more and more of the land will be replaced by Pixar themed attractions as already has happened in some cases. Expect Stich to be the last attraction replaced with a Pixar theme in 2009. Space mountain will get a massive refurb late 2007 or early 2008 with a Pixar overlay. And the Indy speedway will get a Cars overlay sometime in the next few years. Even COP will get a massive refurb in 2009 with some sort of a Pixar theme added to it. I've said as much as I know, and I'm ready for everyones insults and questions on my statement so have at it.

xcrashx15

This isn't the first time I've heard something about changing the name of Tomorrowland (or Epcot's FW) and it certainly won't be the last, but... Pixarland? That would just seem out of place... but then again, when I read the post I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not.

GoofyFreek

And let me guess CoP will become Ring Around the Rosey. Is it me, or is Disney behind the power curve here. Lets create rides after movies that are long gone. (Monsters Inc, Nemo, Stitch) I guess Disney Imagineers are really struggling with new and upcoming attractions. Bring back Walt and the Magic cause Eisner/Iger concept on Imagination of the future SUCK!!

Pongo

due to the fact that it's too hard and costly to keep updating a land that's about the future since things change so quickly these days as far as technology goes.

That doesn't even make sense. How often have they changed something because of technology? Mission to Mars is the only attraction I can think of. Space Mountain has been there forever, a concept that is CLEARLY outdated, but hasn't been updated. CoP has had a FEW updates to the last show scene. All the other changes have really been because of sponsorship or complaints. Dreamflight: Sponsorship. AE: complaints by parents. And in the New Tomorrowland refurb, the Imagineers made it so they WOULDN'T have to update anything because it's a future that will never happen.

I call shenanigans. This "rumor" holds absolutely no water.

Im almost Positive this will not happen. Great Joke though I LOL'd

The cars overlay of TLSW is likely. But, everything else seems allittle extreme and unnessecary.

If they redid Carrosel of Progress with a Pixar theme a small part of me would die.

Chape19714

Definately not happening. Tomorrowland is the Fantisiful future, and therefore doens't need to be updated. Besides, how could it be Pixarland if 3 Pixar attractions (nemo ride, nemo show, Midway Madness) are all opening at other parks. Not to mention Woody's Cowboy Camp in Frontierland. Tomorrowland is one of Walt's Original ideas and WON'T be changed.

Epcot82Guy

I agree that this makes no sense. Epcot's FW and Pre-94 Tomorrowland dealt with the issue of "keeping up". However, the rehab/change got rid of that by creating (as stated) the "future that never was." It will (or at least would have been) a long time before the Buck Rogers future city concept would become antequated. It also did a nice job of blending the old attractions they kept with the new. This would pretty much destroy all of that, it would really abandon the theme of the MK lands, and it would cost quite a bit to actually implement. So, very doubtful...

Now, if/when this happens, it will be the straw that breaks this camel's back. It would define everything I used to defend Disney World against and showcase the destruction of what I loved about WDW as a kid. So, enjoy the shorter lines on me.

Captain Chaos

I almost spit out my soda while reading this. I don't think Disney management is that stupid.. Or are they? :lookaroun

With that said, I don't think the name change will be to Pixarland. Maybe to Discoveryland, since that is what it is called in Disneyland Paris.

SirNim

Nobody knows whether the original post was a joke or a serious piece of information.

...And that's very scary, in and of itself!... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom