Tom Sawyer's Island replacement / Expansion

sublimesting

I vote for the Matterhorn to be placed on the island in all of it's DLCA glory!

Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Matterhorn (Mountain)

I'm digging it for WDW (though deep inside I know it will never happen.

;-)

I vote for MAtterhorn to be in Adventureland peaking over the trees.

PhilharMagician

No no! It has to be The Matterhorn. There has to be bobsledding...Who in their right mind would bobsled down a volcano..LOL :D

Haha, how many bobsleds do you see in the South Pacific/Caribbean where most of the theming is drawn from? Well maybe we could add the Jamaican bobsled team ride for some Cool Runnins'.

juniorthomas

I love the idea of a Who Framed Roger Rabbit ride/attraction!!

I adore that movie and god does it ever belong in DHS!
Well said to everything else!

It would be pretty amazing - but I wonder what kind of licensing fun would be involved with using the RR property, even if characters owned by other companies were specifically excluded.

juniorthomas

One of them is smart enough to get a free meal while on the clock and talking to guests.

DHS needs a good amount of work but it also has the most freedom for its theme and how additions could be done.

dhswithimprovements7.png

This is something I came up with to help make improvements to DHS.

With the current frequency of the riverboat, yes. Adding to it would be the safety risk if the bridge did not raise in time, so they would need to have the bridge closed and raised with enough time that the boat can abort passing by.

They could expand the caverns a bit, but they would need to have most of that island closed for them to get in there. Someone suggested having a large cavern built that could house groups of like 30 or more, they could have live shows in there.

I would like tiana's place to not replace something existing, or have it added to pofq.

I thought it was that shallow around most of it. It took me a couple of seconds to recognize what I was looking at, great picture.

I can't really see a way that they could get a path between roa and the HM queue. They could put in a pathway between HM and small world and have to loop back over.

It would be great to have something better at dhs, but f! would be hard to install at mk. A nighttime show would need to be able to seat a large amount of guests. A MK F! would need a viewing area about what illuminations has, there isn't nearly that much room around roa. Something else would be that no other park has two night ending shows, logistics would be killer.

I don't think the utildors will be much of a problem, they aren't near tsi.

13272k_tun2.jpg

As for he low water table, MK was built one level up. Any tunnel to tsi would be the on the same level as the utilidors. The biggest problem I can think of is where it will be located and how do guests get to it.

Well if they are going to expand frontierland with existing franchises, it will be something modeled after Woody's Roundup. I doubt they are going to try out the Daniel Boone franchise they had back in the 50's.

I stand by this comment: you should work for Disney. Your park redesigns are otherworldly and should be taken seriously.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
It would be pretty amazing - but I wonder what kind of licensing fun would be involved with using the RR property, even if characters owned by other companies were specifically excluded.

The already have an attraction at DL, so it can be done.

juniorthomas

The already have an attraction at DL, so it can be done.

This is all sorts of one of those situations where my only ever having been to WDW holds me back. I can't believe I didn't know that!

I feel I may know the answer to this, but are any non-Disney characters involved in any way?

ctxak98

I have to say that I think something should go over there. Im not sure what but TSI is kind of outdated to me. We all want fresh and new and if thats where theyre going to put it, then I will be happy with it.

GLaDOS

Im not sure what but TSI is kind of outdated to me.

That's kind of the point. It's supposed to be a laid back area that harkens back to a simpler time.

Not everything needs to be screens and excitement. Plus TSI is full of that magical "interactivity" the company seems to be so in love with now. There's no reason to rip it out, especially when there are viable expansion plots in the park as is.

juniorthomas

That's kind of the point. It's supposed to be a laid back area that harkens back to a simpler time.

Not everything needs to be screens and excitement. Plus TSI is full of that magical "interactivity" the company seems to be so in love with now. There's no reason to rip it out, especially when there are viable expansion plots in the park as is.

Truth. And adding, instead of replacing, puts more toward making the park bigger and better, vs. other options in Central Florida.

ctxak98

where did I say add video screens!? Im saying just something different so that there is a reason for everyone to go over there. mayeb a mix of both a relaxed area but adding some sort ofthrill or even a dark ride would be nice. thats all im syaing. and I meant outdated as in old not as in the way it should look. I have been to TSI and I understand some people like a place to relax and just walk around but it could be used or shared with something else.

I gotta chime in on this:wave:. I love TSI and think it should not be completely changed or replaced (a few tweaks are ok). I will also say that I had never even been to TSI until around 4 years ago, and many people seem to not even know what it is.

I suppose Disney execs now feel like TSI is just wasting space, and a "digital frontier to reshape the human condition" could actually generate a lot of buzz for WDW. Think of a Grid-land (stay with me here), taking place compeltely indoors (and in air conditioning), Imagineers could really do some great things with the visual style of Tron Legacy, and they could even have an "Old Grid" section where some of the Grid from the original Tron is intact. I'm talking Lightcycle races, solar sailor rides, and even disc wars! (let's not forget the blue energy water from the movies, how about a new refreshment?)

I want TSI to stay exactly how it is; and I hate to be that guy, but I think Walt would rather TSI stay. He bought WDW so that Disney would never run out of land. Why are there so many "replacements" instead of "additions"? I'm just gonna put my trust in Disney that they won't mess with TSI unless they can create something even more magical.

ctxak98

I gotta chime in on this:wave:. I love TSI and think it should not be completely changed or replaced (a few tweaks are ok). I will also say that I had never even been to TSI until around 4 years ago, and many people seem to not even know what it is.

I suppose Disney execs now feel like TSI is just wasting space, and a "digital frontier to reshape the human condition" could actually generate a lot of buzz for WDW. Think of a Grid-land (stay with me here), taking place compeltely indoors (and in air conditioning), Imagineers could really do some great things with the visual style of Tron Legacy, and they could even have an "Old Grid" section where some of the Grid from the original Tron is intact. I'm talking Lightcycle races, solar sailor rides, and even disc wars! (let's not forget the blue energy water from the movies, how about a new refreshment?)

I want TSI to stay exactly how it is; and I hate to be that guy, but I think Walt would rather TSI stay. He bought WDW so that Disney would never run out of land. Why are there so many "replacements" instead of "additions"? I'm just gonna put my trust in Disney that they won't mess with TSI unless they can create something even more magical.

THIS IS VERY WELL SAID! I dont want to get rid of it because its become sort of a classic and should stay. ONLY replace it if something is going to really be a hit, otherwise just some small additions or tweaks and some Publicity in the parks about it so more people know its there and become popular again!

baymenxpac

i have to say: i like new stuff. i'm super nostalgic, but when i hear about a new project, i'm more willing to give it a chance than immediately pour cold water on it. that said, i really do wish the disney execs would start evaluating some of the things that give WDW that sacred and serene feeling. i'm all for an expansion at MK, but is frontierland really the place? there truly isn't anything like TSI in the parks anymore, so why not refurb it and try to enhance different areas of the park with new attractions that desperately need it (stitch and monsters, inc. in tomorrowland and adventureland come to mind)? sigh, we'll see i guess.

RSoxNo1

Count me amongst those that view Tom Sawyer's Island, Tomorrowland Speedway, and Backlot Tour amongst things we would love to see replaced, largely because they all have large footprints that can likely be better used.

Gumpy13

As someone who has gone to disney world for over twenty years now I have always loved TSI. I remember playing around on it as a child with my father and it holds a special place for me. Even with that said I would welcome change to the place. While it has it's charm disney could do a lot with that space and bring some amazing things to change. I always thought a pirate island would be amazing there but really anything to bring new life to that area would be great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom