Tom Sawyer's Island replacement / Expansion

Gregoryp73

Or how about Bay Lake to give the kiddies more time on the ship?

A blue sky idea I have is for a second entrance on bay lake that has a harbor theme. Along with the mini-land, there would a hotel with the same theme.

I love this idea...Disney has been really good at theming their early hotels. The one thing that WDW is missing is a fantasyland hotel mirror. They have all the other lands covered, but nothing for fantasyland (i don't count the cinderella suites).

After going to Germany last year, if they did a hotel based off of somewhere like Rottenburg...they would make a killing!! Stone pathways, 15th century themed hotels...bakeries like they have in europe, Horse drawn buggies. Build it by or where the boneyard is now, and construct a walkway right into fantasyland as a private gate (kinda like beach club and epcot)...

I'd so be there.

raven

The problem with turning TSI into a pirate theme is that it is smack in the middle of Frontierland. Kinda defeats keeping details of the different lands in check.

misterID

2514809538_cda1a0d8d6_b.jpg

Where is this from?

devoy1701

The problem with turning TSI into a pirate theme is that it is smack in the middle of Frontierland. Kinda defeats keeping details of the different lands in check.

Works ok in Disneyland. Many of the Pirate elements are hidden from from NOS or Frontierland as to not clash...more on the back of the Island.

Gregoryp73

Yeah, it goes back to that whole "cowboy in tomorrowland" thing that irked Walt. So I 100% agree with this.

If anything, if everyone has such a itch for a pirate island...they do have that one little "discovery island" in bay lake that would make a great "Isle de Muerta" (however you spell it). Be neat if the only way you could get there is by pirate ship...stops at all hotels on the lake, as well as TTC and MK.

I would rather see this than TSI turned into something so out of place.

bdearl41

The Disneyland Paris version of Pirates is far superior to any other. I wish we had it here.

Tom Sawyer island would be a great place to do something involving toy story, with woody.

The Duck

Exactly. This point has been discussed ad nauseum earlier in this very thread. DLR (sorta) gets away with it because their TSI is right across from New Orleans Square, where POTC is located. Pirates of Frontierland or Pirates of Liberty Square would be too much of a stretch.

DznyRktekt

They need to address two areas that are total wastes of space before even thinking of TSI. Country Bear Jamboree and the Golden Horseshoe.

flavious27

They need to address two areas that are total wastes of space before even thinking of TSI. Country Bear Jamboree and the Golden Horseshoe.

Well Golden Horseshoe is easy, steakhouse; like le cellier in MK, but with a western feel. Maybe like say smitty's in texas.

As fro cbj, update the AAs.

DznyRktekt

Well Golden Horseshoe is easy, steakhouse; like le cellier in MK, but with a western feel. Maybe like say smitty's in texas.

As fro cbj, update the AAs.

Of course there are many things they can do. But will they, or will those places just sit and rot away. Why turn a riverboat into a restaurant if there are currently two restaurants in the Magic Kingdom that operate at reduced hours?

El Grupo

Regarding TSI, I'd like to see TDO simply enhance this area with something similar to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail at CA.

wdwfan317

No Avatar, please?

I really hope that it will not be an Avatar themed attraction. In a few years....think about it - Avatar will be forgotten. Old. I guess it doesn't matter what I think since they've obviously already started the plans for it and will be announced soon, but if they wanted to do something REALLY FREAKING COOL- CHANGE THE RIVERBOAT into the BLACK PEARL and make Tom Sawyer Island into the Caribbean with a treasure hunt, narration, guided tour, etc, etc. That's what i'm talking about. THAT WOULD NEVER GET old....and they should ALSO add a Pirates of the Caribbean Character Dinner show. HOW cool would THAT be? TOO MUCH princess-y crap. Disney needs MORE cool stuff for BOYS. WHO IS WITH ME?

njDizFan

I live near the ocean and we have a pirate ship that goes for a cruise and shots water cannons etc. Kids love it and the parents get a kick out of it. Can that be done in Disney?? Not sure but it works well locally. I'm sure the Disney version could be much better. http://piratesofhiltonhead.com/
yes, they do have a pretty cool Pirate cruise, my daughter loved it when she went a few years ago.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/kids-activities/

Disney's Pirate Adventure

Aspiring buccaneers between the ages of 4 and 12 board a pirate-themed boat and scour the waterways around Walt Disney World Resort in search of pirate treasure during a swashbuckling high-seas adventure.

On this guided expedition, each participant enjoys a light snack and beverage, learns how to talk like a pirate, visits legendary ports-of-call, and—if he or she is lucky—returns with a bag of pirate booty! Disney's Pirate Adventure is a 2-hour sailing voyage that takes place each day at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

imagineer boy

Regarding TSI, I'd like to see TDO simply enhance this area with something similar to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail at CA.

Agreed completely. Unfortunately all I see them doing is replacing it with somthing completely out of place (like Pirates at DL) and marketable.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Every time I visit TSI, the rafts are always full. Leave it alone, BUT, reopen Aunt Polly's and the snack location at Ft Langhorn and maybe they can make some of those $'s that TDO is always grabbing for. A PB&J from Aunt Polly's and an ice cream bar from Ft Langhorn were always a highlight of any trip to the MK when I was a teenager in the 70's......and there were always lines at both locations.

And since Walt Disney Pictures has been remaking (or reinventing) so many of their older titles, why not a Tom Sawyer/Huck Finn movie? Maybe the younger generations could once again get hooked on an American Classic, and start using their imaginations once again on the beautiful plot of land in the middle of the Rivers of America.

And on a side note, since DL has the Columbia Sailing Ship that traverses their Rivers of America, how about a USS Constitution (Old Ironside) sailing out of Liberty Square? Would be a perfect fit for LS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom