Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Stripes

Anna and Elsa's Frozen journey appears to rely on actual track switches and is using something a little less "complex" than the Shanghai Pirates tech, is that correct?
Yes, it uses track switches not the Shanghai tech.
As for Peter Pan, do the vehicles have pitch and yaw? It appears trackless, but at first glance I was thinking it was something closer to Spiderman at IOA than say Ratatouille.
The Peter Pan ride vehicles are not trackless and they are very, very similar to the Spider-Man vehicles. They do have pitch and yaw.

BrianLo

If you dont like what i say feel free to block me.

I apologize that you interpreted my sentiment that way. My commentary is not vitriol directed at you in the least. I don’t even think you are the source on that rumour, didn’t it come from twitter?

I’m trying to discuss the practicalities of two arms lengths publicly traded companies going off script and exchanging money. To change an attraction one does not technically own for social reasons, from not the market the owner itself operates in. The owner of which has been opposed to changes. Hush money can’t just materialize, without Wall Street knowing.

If you don’t know, that’s ok. But this is a big thing to claim, without logistics, that I think people are overlooking. I’m trying to stop a probable false rumour in its tracks unless something more substantial is presented.

The simplest explanation is not that after three years they finally convinced them. It’s that an old (and rejected by other insiders) rumour has resurfaced. Simply because both topics are currently top of mind opening in June.

Last edited:

andre85

View attachment 785487View attachment 785488View attachment 785489

These are bathrooms...

The grass may be greener here and there, but it is some shade of green on both sides.

Personally, I'd take Pandora and Galaxy's Edge over Fantasy Springs, but yes, Disney fans, like Veruca Salt, want the world- the whole world- and they want it now.

Those are some gorgeous bathrooms. I'm genuinely convinced that had Fantasy Springs been built in WDW, some people would magically find ways to complain about it.

choco choco

I don't see a point to this ride. What was the animating idea behind the attraction? What does it do that the nearly 70 years old "Peter Pan's Flight" doesn't do better already? Most of the scenes seem to be the same except in the new one the screen-based characters talk and talk and talk and talk. They talk - a lot. For no reason, it seems.

I'm actually pretty impressed with the Tinker Bell ride. Knows it's audience, has a core idea (four seasons of woodland sprites) and goes for really good execution. Like all the rides I'm seeing of Fantasy Springs, it's too short, and had it been two to three minutes longer, I'd call it the undisputed winner.

Kevin_W

View attachment 785487View attachment 785488View attachment 785489

These are bathrooms...

The grass may be greener here and there, but it is some shade of green on both sides.

Personally, I'd take Pandora and Galaxy's Edge over Fantasy Springs, but yes, Disney fans, like Veruca Salt, want the world- the whole world- and they want it now.

I know we often lament that the only Tangled presence in the US are the WDW bathrooms... but those are by far my favorite bathrooms on property! And the theming on things like that is part of what sets Disney apart.

Animaniac93-98

There's a building in the Frozen area across from the covered pavilion (not the restroom building), is that a gift shop?

Seems odd that the only one in this entire expansion is the hotel shop.

TalkToEthan

I wish the two FS headlining attractions would have exchanged the ride conveyances.

If one had to be “flume” and the other had to have us travel 2 dimensions/one plane wearing glasses for a screen then I wish Peter Pan would have been the boat in trough ride.

Last edited:

WaltWiz1901

If one had to be “flume” and the other had to have us travel 2 dimensions/plane wearing classes for a screen then I wish Peter Pan would have been the boat in trough ride
Or it could've been a boat that starts out on water as per the norm before switching to being suspended from an aerial track...

...oh, wait, Universal already patented that

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Or it could've been a boat that starts out on water as per the norm before switching to being suspended from an aerial track...

...oh, wait, Universal already patented that
Universal was originally planning that ride system for Zelda at IOA, but moved away from it due to upkeep costs and the fact that suspended rides are a pain to evacuate. Universal has also gotten cold feet on trackless rides as well due to the technical issues they ran into with Kong at IOA.

IMDREW

In this video you can see a bit more of how the ride works. 2 vehicles leave the station at the same time. Meaning one gets the short intro version with the lost boys and the other the long one. I couldn't figure out why some videos had one or the other. Also, looks like vehicles park in front of the large screens like Ratatouille, but in this case a ride vehicle which actually, you know, does something while in front of the screen. Love the integration of sets around most of them.

Disone

In this video you can see a bit more of how the ride works. 2 vehicles leave the station at the same time. Meaning one gets the short intro version with the lost boys and the other the long one. I couldn't figure out why some videos had one or the other. Also, looks like vehicles park in front of the large screens like Ratatouille, but in this case a ride vehicle which actually, you know, does something while in front of the screen. Love the integration of sets around most of them.

The vehicles are somewhat larger than I had imagined. Kind of neat. But like back the future and later The Simpsons and also Spider-Man and transformers, they are definitely designed to cut out your peripheral vision. A necessary future but one I did not enjoy if I was not in one of the middle seats. I feel like too much of the show is being cut out of my view.

ThemeParkTraveller

I think this ride system would have worked much better than trackless for Ratatouille and Zootopia. Those extended chase sequences via large screens just don't work very well with the limited degree of motion trackless vehicles have compared to these ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom