Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

WaltWiz1901

IASW deserves far more than it gets in WDW, but regardless of the relocation conversation, I have seen moronic influencers online advocating for the outright removal of the MK version for a clone of the Tangled attraction without any thought of relocation being an option. It’s concerning that “fans” of the parks actually believe completely gutting legacy attractions for clones is now a viable option. The disrespect towards Mary Blair if this ever did come to fruition is the absolute worst aspect of the notion, especially since their whole point is that it’s “not on par with DLR”. Okay? So what? Plus it. Don’t erase it from your most visited castle park
This. Just, this

Emphasis on the bolded since it just seems flat-out hypocritical to say that, for example, Disney is losing their mojo or is in need of more capacity and then imply the best solution to either one is to simply duplicate (admittedly really well done) existing attractions. That's only going to help make the parks seem even more homogeneous without a clear identity to call all their own

Consumer

View attachment 784194

🤣

I’m sorry but this is still so bizarre!

What is this, Six Flags’ flooded Monster Plantation?

I can’t get into your story when (via backwards waterfall) you remind me that I’m in a boat that doesn’t match the story!

The ride gets much better as it stays “outdoors”. Nice to see it has a few drops.
Glad to see this getting criticized. The staging for "The First Time in Forever" is absolutely gorgeous, but the scene simply doesn't work for the medium.

UNCgolf

Tokyo’s Frozen ride looks absolutely incredible.

Even comparing it to Hong Kong’s it’s still not even remotely comparable.

I truly don't understand why people think Frozen looks incredible! Obviously plenty of people do, but I just don't see it at all.

It doesn't seem remotely comparable to the best Disney E tickets from a ride design standpoint (it absolutely has some nice tech, though). There are a couple of fantastic scenes, but it also has several bland scenes that add almost nothing except narrative context (which shouldn't be necessary).

Last edited:

ThemeParkTraveller

View attachment 784194

🤣

I’m sorry but this is still so bizarre!

What is this, Six Flags’ flooded Monster Plantation?

I can’t get into your story when (via backwards waterfall) you remind me that I’m in a boat that doesn’t match the story!

The ride gets much better as it stays “outdoors”. Nice to see it has a few drops.

According to the story, we aren't actually physically moving through the castle in that scene. It's just part of the magical montage started by the troll in the first scene. I really like this scene set-wise, but I think any kind of ride vehicle would have looked jarring here (boat or not).

OzAn

The largest land expansion ever and only getting 4 new attractions isn't exactly praise worthy.
When was the last Disney land expansion that added 4 new attraction (three of which are high capacity)? These days we are lucky to get even two new rides per new land.

On watching Frozen's full POV, I still think Let it Go did not need three segments & dragged a bit in that part. Had they cut one segment of Let it Go and used that budget to add the Snugly Duckling scene for Tangle, both rides would have actually come out for better.

WaltWiz1901

Frankly, I still think the OLC should have gone with using this plot, Toon Town, and the nearby parking lots to create a third gate for TDR.
Or, better yet, used just the former two plots to do a super Fantasyland expansion; all this, Belle's village, Wonderland, a few more attractions where Toontown wasis (ultimate 7DMT? Sleeping Beauty? Mickey and the Beanstalk?), relocated "small world", the already stronger elements of TDL!Fantasyland (namely Hunny Hunt, Queen of Hearts, and Cinderella Castle and its walkthrough), and a refurbishment of its weaker, dated parts would've easily made it the best Fantasyland anywhere

britain

According to the story, we aren't actually physically moving through the castle in that scene. It's just part of the magical montage started by the troll in the first scene. I really like this scene set-wise, but I think any kind of ride vehicle would have looked jarring here (boat or not).

All of the Frozen rides start out with the trolls telling the story. if the river isn’t supposed to be there, then why do we go underneath bridges and alongside the docks on the other parts of the ride?

Look, it doesn’t ruin the ride, it looks like a very impressive fun experience. That part is just really, really silly, to me.

ThemeParkTraveller

All of the Frozen rides start out with the trolls telling the story. if the river isn’t supposed to be there, then why do we go underneath bridges and alongside the docks on the other parts of the ride?

Look, it doesn’t ruin the ride, it looks like a very impressive fun experience. That part is just really, really silly, to me.

All the rides start out with the trolls, but we are active participants in the FEA story (the trolls recap the story quickly but we are physically going through the scenes) whereas this one we are just passive observers of a story. The boat and the river are real while the troll magic manifests the scenery from the film around the river. I agree it still looks awkward, but I can't blame them for wanting to try something different.

peter11435

The river is supposed to be there. At all times you are meant to be traveling in a boat down a river…. But you’re never actually in a castle.

McMickeyWorld

Are we watching the same attraction? The only scene where we pass under a bridge is the village before the ending.

UNCgolf

You’re right. Hong Kong’s is much better

I wouldn't go that far. Hong Kong's is an improved version of a heavily flawed attraction. Frozen Journey is flawed too (although how much of that is simply due to the decision to retell the film and thus be stuck with things that don't translate well to an attraction is up for debate), but it still looks more impressive than any version of FEA.

Consumer

It's not? Please name all the other theme park expansions that had four or more new attractions opening at once.
This expansion is roughly 26 acres and has 4 attractions. "A bug's land" opened in 2002 at roughly 4 acres and opened 5 new attractions.

SweetDuffy101

Im rather curious on what LED to Rapunzel getting an E-ticket (2,000 yen)pricing for Disney premier access.

while originally it was listed that it will get a D-ticket (1,500ÂĄ)pricing.

Moreover, media outlets are now saying Fantasy springs attractions will be standby pass but stating that it will be lottery based on all attractions besides Vacation packages and Premier access.

for Reference,

E-tickets

Peterpan
Frozen

D-ticket

Rapunzel

C-ticket

Tinkerbell

Sidenote

Duchess (main character for Fantasy springs)
tombo(dragonfly)

has also been revealed by the media outlets and has a mural dedicated to her on the More expensive grand chateau.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom