Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

SweetDuffy101

True true. BUT (lol) - the hotel is literally called Fantasy Springs. At least a high end spa? For the price points. The whole thing still boggles my mind.
I think it has to do how expensive and how complicated it is if they input Spa or hotsprings pools in the new hotel.

Many of westerners don’t understand how Japan has been strict on laws regarding said leisure’s recently. and also how grueling the maintenance would be after a few decades.

SweetDuffy101

Is this the first time Princess and the Frog has gained any representation at Tokyo Disney Resort?
as a character presence no. This is the First time and making a park debut.

Tokyo Disney Resort has been putting on some PATF references thoughtout the resort with recent Fantasy Springs Hotel rooms or New Orleans area of Adventureland.

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel had its fair share of princess Tiana Food Collaborations during the Disney princess campaign during pandemic.

aleh021

I think it has to do how expensive and how complicated it is if they input Spa or hotsprings pools in the new hotel.

Many of westerners don’t understand how Japan has been strict on laws regarding said leisure’s recently. and also how grueling the maintenance would be after a few decades.

Fair point. My only theory is it would've gone in the rose court gardens as that seems like the area that makes the most sense in the layout.

I do wish that the Fantasy Chateau had the same exterior architecture as the Grand Chateau side and kept a consistent look.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"

Love the vibes it gives off!!

I know some people heading to Fantasy Springs in July, so I’m very excited to hear what they have to say because I trust their opinions, but from every video I’ve seen it looks like they spared absolutely no expense—outside of the wing of the Fantasy Springs Hotel behind Frozen Journey. I have heard that some variation of FJ is likely to be cloned to DLR which would be pretty neat if it happens.

Hopefully I’ll be able to make it over to Japan sometime next year. Can’t wait to see the expansion for myself.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Forbes article of Fantasy Springs.

What an awful article. I mean laughably bad.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No

I just finished DisneySea today. I 100% agree to this! For about 2 hours, ALL FOUR RIDES, INCLUDING FROZEN, had five minute waits (walk-on), and because I didn’t arrive at the park before 7:00, I didn’t get a standby pass. There was an entire crowd near the entrance endlessly reloading the app for a flicker of standby passes to no avail. I witnessed cast members turn away a solo traveling disabled guest (with utmost respect ofc) who physically could not reach the park at such an early hour. The entire app was crashing with full servers waiting for nothing to come- it was THAT bad. And after all that mess Frozen broke down, and after that the lines for it were clogged making 100+ minute waits. Wifi suddenly refused to work in the most random spots…

And yes, there were many empty ride vehicles because I went on Pan in that period (no standby pass anymore either), and it was a walk-on. Empty vehicles continuing to run, while people were outside waiting for a window to appear, a golden portal to the supposed fantasy of fantasy springs.

I’m definitely ranting now, so let me just shoutout the hell that was yesterday. 100% raining, everyone was drenched, many of the areas were outside, but that’s not really the park’s fault. There was no end until the last two hours, when the pour turned into a light drizzle. All floors were slippery and hazardous, carpets were soggy and it was just miserable.

Great customer service (I LOVE THE CAST MEMBERS) but terrible handling and terrible app. TERRIBLE APP.

tanc

I just finished DisneySea today. I 100% agree to this! For about 2 hours, ALL FOUR RIDES, INCLUDING FROZEN, had five minute waits (walk-on), and because I didn’t arrive at the park before 7:00, I didn’t get a standby pass. There was an entire crowd near the entrance endlessly reloading the app for a flicker of standby passes to no avail. I witnessed cast members turn away a solo traveling disabled guest (with utmost respect ofc) who physically could not reach the park at such an early hour. The entire app was crashing with full servers waiting for nothing to come- it was THAT bad. And after all that mess Frozen broke down, and after that the lines for it were clogged making 100+ minute waits. Wifi suddenly refused to work in the most random spots…

And yes, there were many empty ride vehicles because I went on Pan in that period (no standby pass anymore either), and it was a walk-on. Empty vehicles continuing to run, while people were outside waiting for a window to appear, a golden portal to the supposed fantasy of fantasy springs.

I’m definitely ranting now, so let me just shoutout the hell that was yesterday. 100% raining, everyone was drenched, many of the areas were outside, but that’s not really the park’s fault. There was no end until the last two hours, when the pour turned into a light drizzle. All floors were slippery and hazardous, carpets were soggy and it was just miserable.

Great customer service (I LOVE THE CAST MEMBERS) but terrible handling and terrible app. TERRIBLE APP.
OLC wants people to buy the vacation package 🤷‍♂️ terrible to say but OLC has made an impossibly good offer that makes DPA and standby pass at an absurd disadvantage. Not sure why they wouldn't let people on, but imo Disney apps in general are some of the worst apps I've ever used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom